💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is John Wayne MV underrated?

RudraCNG

Featured Posts

RudraCNG

Almost every week I read stuff like "Gaga hasn't released a good MV since G.U.Y." that make me think that, sadly, John Wayne is underappreciated. Yeah, it lacks a big budget and wasn't even promoted, and yet is one of her best videos.

First stroke of genius is how somehow it  mocks the whole MR video at the beginning. As if she knew nobody liked that video and she wanted to say "Hey, it wasn't THAT serious. I can make fun of myself".

giphy.gif

In fact, the whole video is like a big parody of herself

tenor.gif?itemid=7781199ç

source.gif

However, its main point is the fact it has all the key ingredients to make a great LG video: 

Choreos

source.gif

Several costume changes

tumblr_ol2pc8Ftet1tmerbfo1_400.gif

Lots of CrazyGa moments

rqpvrlvefj26.gif

And last but not least, the Iconic 12-inch Gun Heels

tumblr_ol2oc7TXik1qdmb8eo1_540.gif

Of course it's not Telephone part 2 but it somehow feels like that. So I can't understand why fans diminish it so much. IMO is one of the most epic and hilarious videos she has ever made.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats

I think it was her way of saying “I can still make videos with choreo, fashion, and camp. It’s just not what I feel the need to do right now.” 

But I do wish it got more promotion. If Gaga had performed John Wayne at the Super Bowl and then dropped this it would’ve been a hit tbh

not a french fry

Nope. It’s just not that good

social experiment gone wrong

gagaweekly

I don't think it’s underrated but music video of Perfect Illusion is one of her best music videos so I don't agree with ”gaga hasn't released a good music video since GUY”:huntyga:

15 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Firstï»ż stroke of genius is how somehow it  mocks the whole MR video at the beginning. As if she knew nobody liked that video and she wanted to say "Hey, it wasn't THATï»żÂ serious. I can make fun of myselfï»ż".

giphy.gifï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż

by the way your interpretation of this scene make me like this video

Scarlet Bitch
19 minutes ago, Anonym said:

No, both the song and the video are just mediocre.

Is it crack? Is that what you smoke? You smoke crack?

đ”±đ”„đ”Šđ”° 𝔩𝔰 đ”Șđ”¶ đ”Ąđ”žđ”«đ” đ”ą đ”Łđ”©đ”Źđ”Źđ”Ż, 𝔩 𝔣𝔬đ”Čđ”€đ”„đ”± 𝔣𝔬𝔯

The Z

It lacks something. Just like G.U.Y. in a sense. It's just the way that it was shot I guess. It isn't it. Music videos have not been her priority recently, she's focused on the music itself

JoeMo

anything directed by jonas aukerland is pure perfection. I really hope she makes another video with him 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

nerdfacekillah

the video is fun but the scenes pass too fast

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Scarlet Bitch
13 minutes ago, Anonym said:

Nein.

We schleiban-

đ”±đ”„đ”Šđ”° 𝔩𝔰 đ”Șđ”¶ đ”Ąđ”žđ”«đ” đ”ą đ”Łđ”©đ”Źđ”Źđ”Ż, 𝔩 𝔣𝔬đ”Čđ”€đ”„đ”± 𝔣𝔬𝔯

Archived