Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is John Wayne MV underrated?

RudraCNG

Featured Posts

RoverLoader

Yes it is. It's almost completely forgotten about. I will never understand why it wasn't a proper single?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
illySpencer
10 hours ago, opulence1994 said:

John Wayne was a bad single choice and the video was a cheap mess ! :trollga:    DIC would have been a much better single choice.......  And i hope she has a bigger MV budget for LG6 

a music video in the style of her fame commercial would be amazing:excited:

black and white ad GIFlady gaga GIFlady gaga love GIF

It's not a single, just a video.

illySpencer

I think we are all agree to said that JW video is the best video from Joanne era. But if we compare with all the videos of her career, let's be honest it's a mess.

For me the last good video the did was for Judas. TEOG was a mess (I was totally here for the apocalyptic mermaid video), YAI kinda weird but ok i guess, not my favorite. MTN I like the begining and the end but the middle with the dancers is weird. Applause was a mess, DWUW was a mess (and thank god she never uploaded the whole video), GUY was cool but cheap and kinda messy. PI/MR/Joanne just a huge joke, like if she was begining her career with very very very low money to do it. And JW not very good too.

Let's be honest, the GaGa machine is not here anymore,  she is not giving huge video like she did. The world doesn't care about her and her video. Too bad because I think she could have become a strong strenght all over these years. 

Glamourpuss

Very underrated. It's so campy and so Gaga. It's one of my favourites of hers. 

Reginald

The editing is way too choppy and fast (lol, how am I supposed to learn the choreography if they just show it for half a second at a time?) but I do like the art style 

The Child
1 hour ago, illySpencer said:

I think we are all agree to said that JW video is the best video from Joanne era. But if we compare with all the videos of her career, let's be honest it's a mess.

For me the last good video the did was for Judas. TEOG was a mess (I was totally here for the apocalyptic mermaid video), YAI kinda weird but ok i guess, not my favorite. MTN I like the begining and the end but the middle with the dancers is weird. Applause was a mess, DWUW was a mess (and thank god she never uploaded the whole video), GUY was cool but cheap and kinda messy. PI/MR/Joanne just a huge joke, like if she was begining her career with very very very low money to do it. And JW not very good too.

Let's be honest, the GaGa machine is not here anymore,  she is not giving huge video like she did. The world doesn't care about her and her video. Too bad because I think she could have become a strong strenght all over these years. 

For once there is someone I agree with. Judas was her last great masterpiece! I have never been blown away after all the following videos. TEOG was okay, You And I was all the concepts for TEOG, MTN was way too long, Applause was a recycling art video, DWUW a MESS, G.U.Y was really great but not enough, PI was okay, MR was shitty and JW is okay.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Curunir
15 hours ago, Doncho said:

THIS is my only issue with the video. The camera is a mess and most of the time its hard to get a good look at Gaga and her outfits. It has the crazy camera from Perfect Illusion (wich I despise).

However I enjoy the video and its fun. It all happens too fast though, with no clear storyline even if its a part 3 of Joanne videos :selena:

GUY remains her last masterpiece in terms of music videos for me

You have an issue with this video yet GUY, which is full of mistakes, is a masterpiece to you? :laughga:

Mr Mirko

I love that song, love the metaphor; costumes are so GAGA. It is underrated. F*** it, let's leave it like that. Or maybe even better PLAY IT ON SPOTIFY

Mr Mirko
1 hour ago, Reginald said:

The editing is way too choppy and fast (lol, how am I supposed to learn the choreography if they just show it for half a second at a time?) but I do like the art style 

good that you noticed that, never questioned it myself

Doncho
31 minutes ago, Curunir said:

You have an issue with this video yet GUY, which is full of mistakes, is a masterpiece to you? :laughga:

Yes :ohwell:

2School4Cool
5 hours ago, Joshie S said:

The whole fanbase had such a huge issue about the MR video (I feel like I'm the only one who likes it and appreciates it).

Same :bradley:

See The Best In Everyone

Ladle Ghoulash
On 7/6/2019 at 3:08 PM, gagaweekly said:

I don't think it’s underrated but music video of Perfect Illusion is one of her best music videos so I don't agree with ”gaga hasn't released a good music video since GUY”:huntyga:

by the way your interpretation of this scene make me like this video

PERFECT ILLUSION IS A BRILLIANT VIDEO!!! Agreed. She captures the tumultuous and disorienting effect of the song perfectly. It’s so high adrenaline and shows her raw capability as a performer so amazingly. I think the fans take for granted that even though we know that she has that supreme rockstar energy, she had never put it front and center in that way before and I just love it. 

PhyllisDietrichson

It really is one of her best music video imo. I love it.

ReplayBoss

I like John Wayne and the video was decent, but compared to her other videos it lacks the extra Gaga flare.

The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay

Archived