opinion

Is John Wayne MV underrated?

RudraCNG

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

For a song about Hollywood’s obsession with serial killers the video is to die for :v:

TheSlash
12 hours ago, Anonym said:

Nein.

ZEDD

lady gaga guy GIF

OT: The video is fun, but the real underrated part of it is the choreo :giveup: . Richy, your recent choreos are :awkney:  at best, but that one is a true underrated masterpiece :tony:  :firega: 

lady gaga joanne GIF by Interscope Records

gaga teen GIF

Ew, David!

brucee

This is the first time Gaga makes three related videos. The three follow themselves and portray the strip down Joanne Gaga and also her killing old Gaga. It's so cool she did that, the three vids PI, MR and JW.... there is a whole story behind it, she slightly comes back to crazy-Ga, but with a new flair... I love all that, and Jonas Akerlund, Ruth Hogben and Andrea Gelardin... the quality is good. maybe rushed like a short cut like : we're gonna fit the standard of a music video but it's very professional. So thanks to this thread i just realised there was many things to say about it. And I love it. 

hello hello baby.

2School4Cool

It’s my favorite Gaga video (along with G.U.Y.)! Something about the visuals and the whole pink and green color scheme and the choreography, it all just feels so good to me.

See The Best In Everyone

RAMROD

I don't think majority of people aware this MV exists? Also iirc, it got issues being blocked or need to verify age to watch it on YT when it was released.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Kapi09

Video looks really great, but for me it is too chaotic (the same with PI).
Far too fast change of scenes :triggered:

My name isn't Alice

MaryJaneHolland

Yes. 

Too bad it just got swept under the rug and tainted with the other 3 videos.

Joshie S

Majority of things Gaga puts out is underrated by this fanbase lol...

I know there's a few of us that can appreciate what Gaga does..

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

RochestrMonstr

It’s one of my favorite Gaga videos, but I don’t know if I would call it underrated. Sure a few people didn’t like it, but it certainly seems to get appreciation around here. 

There have always been people who say the video “flopped”, but it wasn’t a single and wasn’t promoted, so that makes no sense at all. 

I actually think PI’s video was the more underrated video.

Joshie S
17 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

First stroke of genius is how somehow it  mocks the whole MR video at the beginning. As if she knew nobody liked that video and she wanted to say "Hey, it wasn't THAT serious. I can make fun of myself".

giphy.gif

the way I interpret the beginning is that she's trying to tell us that everything may not be as it seems.. That's how she lives and what she does with her career.

The whole fanbase had such a huge issue about the MR video (I feel like I'm the only one who likes it and appreciates it).. and they mainly had the issue with her re-using the white backdrop from the Apple Music commercials.

The way she opened with this scene, showing that we have no idea really what is going on and that it wasn't what we expected really says a lot regarding how she really feels about the way Little Monsters or fans view her art.

It's really sad though, that she had to so blatantly tell us to calm down and back off in the PI, MR & JW trilogy. 

All I wanna know is, is what came before PI? Where was she driving from in the car? (My theory is whatever the DIC MV would have been).. ;) 

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Emigrante
10 hours ago, opulence1994 said:

John Wayne was a bad single choice and the video was a cheap mess ! :trollga:    DIC would have been a much better single choice.......  And i hope she has a bigger MV budget for LG6 

a music video in the style of her fame commercial would be amazing:excited:

black and white ad GIFlady gaga GIFlady gaga love GIF

John Wayne wasn't a single. ;)

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Luna Lovegood

Everything that gaga did that’s flop is underrated let’s be real

luna’s advocate

Archived