💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki shades Billboard for comparing her to Gaga

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

liquidsunshine
10 minutes ago, CAPTAINXGAGA said:

Girl, Everything Nicki came in the industry with she got from lil Kim she ripped off her style from gaga and lil kim. The only reason why her rap run was so long is because labels weren't into signing female rappers at the time. Now that we have Cardi, City girls, Megan the stallion and Iggy she's burning out that's why she's mad. 

Bye. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI
5 hours ago, hardcore1996 said:

Okay trust and believe i love gaga and i...uhh... dont care for nicki.

Gaga: Came from a well off white family (her dad had a key role in putting wifi in hotels) from the upper west side, she always knew if music didnt work she’d be alright. 

Nicki: Came from the projects in Queens. That’s all I know but it’s all you gotta know. 

Nicki is wrong in so many ways but to say lower class POCs dont have to work twice as hard to get halfway to where upper middle class white people get easily?? that’s ignorant sis do your homework. If you don’t like Nicki there’s sooooo many other things to come for than the fact that her and other female POCs have less privilege in the world we live in

:excuseu:

You can also look it from another point of view. How hard do immigrants have to work to achieve anything? 

I don't care about racis until ANY/EVERY race becomes as munch as inclusive as they're exclusive. 

Black people hate gay people. How can you even think about discriminating anyone when you're the discriminated one? 

I'm a simple gay white guy in Croatia and I have it easy but we cannot do anything in the world if only one group of people are changing. We need to change all together. Some need to be more accepting and some need to be accepted. Equality means no special rights when in fact we give minorities better rights here in Europe. At least in Croatia. As a minority you don't need to work yet you get financial aid every month. And people are pissed because of that. 

LilyLark
3 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

I stand with Nicki. The music industry has a way of making black artists especially woman of color feel inferior to their white counterparts even though I don't agree about what she said here.

I agree that there's systematic racism and misogyny in the music industry. I think people got caught up on the tiny part that inferred about Gaga (that she deleted) because Gaga did have a small influence (although Lil' Kim was obviously her main influence) to miss her broader point about double standards in the industry. At the same time, while there are double standards she's just been so unprofessional as of late she can't chalk up all her problems to them.

However, it's frustrating that she took her 12 year anniversary to...dunk on Cardi, a successful young Black rapper/songwriter/producer. And Cardi does write a lot of her own rhymes, despite what Nicki implies, co directs her videos, etc. That's just what is so frustrating for former fans and people in general—that's she constantly coming for other women when they do nothing to her (Cardi hasn't even acknowledged Nicki's existence in months). She has legit reasons to be annoyed with Miley, but slut shaming her was out of line, too.

NCgaga
10 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I agree that there's systematic racism and misogyny in the music industry. I think people got caught up on the tiny part that inferred about Gaga (that she deleted) because Gaga did have a small influence (although Lil' Kim was obviously her main influence) to miss her broader point about double standards in the industry. At the same time, while there are double standards she's just been so unprofessional as of late she can't chalk up all her problems to them.

However, it's frustrating that she took her 12 year anniversary to...dunk on Cardi, a successful young Black rapper/songwriter/producer. And Cardi does write a lot of her own rhymes, despite what Nicki implies, co directs her videos, etc. That's just what is so frustrating for former fans and people in general—that's she constantly coming for other women when they do nothing to her (Cardi hasn't even acknowledged Nicki's existence in months). She has legit reasons to be annoyed with Miley, but slut shaming her was out of line, too.

What systemic racism did Nicki receive? I want someone to explain this to me. Black and white artists are the most represented in the industry. In fact- when you compare racial representation in the industry to the population of the USA- the American music industry prefers black people over the larger Latino minority. In fact there is as much black representation as there is white in the industry. It’s a privelege to be a black artist as they are favored over other minority groups. They Do t even have to be talented- as the biggest earners are mumble rappers who have ghost writers. Systemic misogyny- yes. Racism, no. 

Taylorrgh
1 hour ago, NCgaga said:

What systemic racism did Nicki receive? I want someone to explain this to me. Black and white artists are the most represented in the industry. In fact- when you compare racial representation in the industry to the population of the USA- the American music industry prefers black people over the larger Latino minority. In fact there is as much black representation as there is white in the industry. It’s a privelege to be a black artist as they are favored over other minority groups. They Do t even have to be talented- as the biggest earners are mumble rappers who have ghost writers. Systemic misogyny- yes. Racism, no. 

Sis what are you talking about? :fail: there is so much systematic racism and colorism in the industry that has affected many black acts for decades. You have got to be kidding me lmao

RahrahWitch

Bit of a late reply here but...

We all Lived trough Gaga's rise to fame. It was insane, You couldn't go anywhere without hearing about that Crazy Lady Gaga and what she'll be wearing next or doing in her next music video. Other musicians and labells seen this success and tried to emulate it, Just look at the main Pop girls before Gaga in terms of music videos and Red Carpet fashion and then look at it after. Nicki especially was one of these artist that hopped on that bandwagon.

Miss Piggy
17 hours ago, The Bling said:

FBC.jpg?2606

:ally: lemme be the first to post the pic

What even is Rihanna doing in this pic though :selena: she's in no way, shape or form ever been inspired by Gaga

Christina Aguilera  clearly was inspired by Madonna. Rewriting history, disgusting, not based on facts, by Lady Gaga Facts.

xtinam10.jpgchristina_madonna_02.jpg

The Bling
42 minutes ago, Miss Piggy said:

Christina Aguilera  clearly was inspired by Madonna. Rewriting history, disgusting, not based on facts, by Lady Gaga Facts.

xtinam10.jpgchristina_madonna_02.jpg

Oh I never noticed the Human Nature reference

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Hybrid AT

well time to say goodbye to ur career ms. nokia minach

giphy.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

hardcore1996
12 hours ago, NCgaga said:

So OVER this victim mentality on this website.

Plenty of artist came from middle class- they should not be told that their “privilege” got them a record contract. How are you going to compare Nicki to Gaga?  Gaga is literally in the top 3 of the most talented and well versed pop states to come out in decades. Gaga also wrote and musically composed her music AND WAS STILL DROPPED from her original label . Beyoncé also came from upper middle class In Houston with her mom being the head over a beauty shop. Her father even quit his job- due to that income. 

if anything- it is a privilege to be black and white in the industry. American music industry is composed of primarily black and white artist- while the largest minority group is Latin with a small representation- and Asian American with basically zero representation. You have no talents like Migos and countless mumble artists with almost ZERO TALENT getting huge contracts, and prettty white girls who can carry a tune also getting contracts over thousands of average looking indie artists. 

So over this narrative that it’s only white people who benefit from any privelege. Look at the music industry- what do you see? How many of those artists are A) talented B) anything other than white or black?  Few.  

i’m not saying her whiteness or privilege got her where she is by itself i said it made it easier. read lol

hardcore1996
8 hours ago, JFK said:

You can also look it from another point of view. How hard do immigrants have to work to achieve anything? 

I don't care about racis until ANY/EVERY race becomes as munch as inclusive as they're exclusive. 

Black people hate gay people. How can you even think about discriminating anyone when you're the discriminated one? 

I'm a simple gay white guy in Croatia and I have it easy but we cannot do anything in the world if only one group of people are changing. We need to change all together. Some need to be more accepting and some need to be accepted. Equality means no special rights when in fact we give minorities better rights here in Europe. At least in Croatia. As a minority you don't need to work yet you get financial aid every month. And people are pissed because of that. 

did you really just say black people hate gay people??????? black people got us our rights lol do ur homework

not a french fry

If I were Nicki, I’d be crying tears of joy and thanking them for comparing me to Gaga, like that’s a huge compliment 

social experiment gone wrong

NCgaga
5 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

Sis what are you talking about? :fail: there is so much systematic racism and colorism in the industry that has affected many black acts for decades. You have got to be kidding me lmao

What I said was perfectly clear. Give me an example of how racism has deterred Nicki’s career. She is just grasping at straws. 

Charles Manson

Why is this delusional clown acting like she fkn invented wigs when she just sucked the blood out of lil kim?

also that hardcore album by lil kim >>>>> anything by nicki

she didn't invent or revolutionate anything, lil kim already did everything she did in the 90s (almost 25 years ago)

Female sexuality, emancipation, showing her boobs and ass, Kim already did everything.

DAGWxrFUQAAkOD7.jpg

she has no classic album and i ain't talking about charts or number ones, a "legendary rapper", a queen is supposed to have a classic album like HARDCORE, The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill or Supa Dupa Fly, Nicki is more of a popstar, a female pitbull that jumps on every track possible, she's mostly known for her pop features and starships/superbass, she has no rap top 5 solo hit like Cardi, Missy and Lil Kim, so for me she's not the queen of rap 

The13thNote

I love how she mentions Gaga without mentioning Gaga. Shows how much power Gaga has right now. 

Archived