💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki shades Billboard for comparing her to Gaga

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

hardcore1996

I don’t think she’s as influenced by Gaga as a lot of you are saying. Lil Kim was doing the avant garde, OTT fashion with colourful and unconventional wigs back in the late 90s early 2000s and I can promise you that’s where nicki got her inspiration from. Gaga has done wonderful things with fashion but she’s far from the first and I can guarantee you Nicki studied Kim and thats where that all comes from. 

BUT I’m sure her team knew Gaga was popular atm and wanted to cash in. Everyone did. But that’s not where the beef is and it’s not where nicki herself, not her team at the time, needs to oay what they owe.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
Just now, hardcore1996 said:

I don’t think she’s as influenced by Gaga as a lot of you are saying. Lil Kim was doing the avant garde, OTT fashion with colourful and unconventional wigs back in the late 90s early 2000s and I can promise you that’s where nicki got her inspiration from. Gaga has done wonderful things with fashion but she’s far from the first and I can guarantee you Nicki studied Kim and thats where that all comes from. 

BUT I’m sure her team knew Gaga was popular atm and wanted to cash in. Everyone did. But that’s not where the beef is and it’s not where nicki herself, not her team at the time, needs to oay what they owe.

Most of us agree with you on this—it's Lil' Kim that was her main influence. Plus, the IG is basically one long subtweet at Cardi and she deleted the small inference to Gaga (the Billboard article wasn't anything like the stan account posted and didn't even mention NIcki).

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

THIS IS WHAT REALLY MAKES ME MAD ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, THEY ARE ACTUALLY (sometimes) MORE RACIST THAN EVEN WHITE PEOPLE WHEN THEY PLAY THE VICTIM ONLY BECAUSE THEIR SKIN COLOR. :saladga: It's like they deserve the world because is "so much harder" to get to the top because they're black. Lady Gaga took years of her adolescence + hard work + pation to get where she is now. And almost every single artist does that too so she ain't special AT ALL.  Is it so hard for this "grown up" woman to accept she was inspired by Lady Gaga during those years? I'm REALLY sick of her and her toxic personality, and that's one of the reasons she will never get that #1 song and grammy besides her basic lyrics

(also she still thinks she is a barbie..  excuse me but on which planet?  :air:)

Sis this is racist. Delete.

hardcore1996
42 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

THIS IS WHAT REALLY MAKES ME MAD ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, THEY ARE ACTUALLY (sometimes) MORE RACIST THAN EVEN WHITE PEOPLE WHEN THEY PLAY THE VICTIM ONLY BECAUSE THEIR SKIN COLOR. :saladga: It's like they deserve the world because is "so much harder" to get to the top because they're black. Lady Gaga took years of her adolescence + hard work + pation to get where she is now. And almost every single artist does that too so she ain't special AT ALL.  Is it so hard for this "grown up" woman to accept she was inspired by Lady Gaga during those years? I'm REALLY sick of her and her toxic personality, and that's one of the reasons she will never get that #1 song and grammy besides her basic lyrics

(also she still thinks she is a barbie..  excuse me but on which planet?  :air:)

Okay trust and believe i love gaga and i...uhh... dont care for nicki.

Gaga: Came from a well off white family (her dad had a key role in putting wifi in hotels) from the upper west side, she always knew if music didnt work she’d be alright. 

Nicki: Came from the projects in Queens. That’s all I know but it’s all you gotta know. 

Nicki is wrong in so many ways but to say lower class POCs dont have to work twice as hard to get halfway to where upper middle class white people get easily?? that’s ignorant sis do your homework. If you don’t like Nicki there’s sooooo many other things to come for than the fact that her and other female POCs have less privilege in the world we live in

:excuseu:

Serial Chiller
6 hours ago, LilyLark said:

More like Lil Kim to be honest with a sprinkle of Gaga and Grace Jones—but yeah, fans really need to let it go. Nicki thrives off attention, the article isn't at all what she made it out to be, and that graphic is fake, arrogant, and dismissive. little monsters really don't need to give her ammunition to call the fanbase problematc.

whatever if u believe Gaga didn’t change anything in these pop girls pre 2010 and post 2010 you’re delusional. 

Galagala

Lol her attitude in this article is so laughable and pathetic. :selena:

NCgaga

Nicki is my favorite out of all the rappers out there. But why she have to make it about race? In 2008, before Nicki even existed on radio- Gaga switched the whole industry up. Everyone was doing her sound and dressing outlandish. If Nicki thinks for once she didn’t jump on that bandwagon, then she needs a serious reality check. 

This is close to unstanning her. Learn some control Nicki! 

NCgaga
1 hour ago, hardcore1996 said:

Okay trust and believe i love gaga and i...uhh... dont care for nicki.

Gaga: Came from a well off white family (her dad had a key role in putting wifi in hotels) from the upper west side, she always knew if music didnt work she’d be alright. 

Nicki: Came from the projects in Queens. That’s all I know but it’s all you gotta know. 

Nicki is wrong in so many ways but to say lower class POCs dont have to work twice as hard to get halfway to where upper middle class white people get easily?? that’s ignorant sis do your homework. If you don’t like Nicki there’s sooooo many other things to come for than the fact that her and other female POCs have less privilege in the world we live in

:excuseu:

So OVER this victim mentality on this website.

Plenty of artist came from middle class- they should not be told that their “privilege” got them a record contract. How are you going to compare Nicki to Gaga?  Gaga is literally in the top 3 of the most talented and well versed pop states to come out in decades. Gaga also wrote and musically composed her music AND WAS STILL DROPPED from her original label . Beyoncé also came from upper middle class In Houston with her mom being the head over a beauty shop. Her father even quit his job- due to that income. 

if anything- it is a privilege to be black and white in the industry. American music industry is composed of primarily black and white artist- while the largest minority group is Latin with a small representation- and Asian American with basically zero representation. You have no talents like Migos and countless mumble artists with almost ZERO TALENT getting huge contracts, and prettty white girls who can carry a tune also getting contracts over thousands of average looking indie artists. 

So over this narrative that it’s only white people who benefit from any privelege. Look at the music industry- what do you see? How many of those artists are A) talented B) anything other than white or black?  Few.  

vertigostick

Problematic clown. She‘s always had an awful attitude. And she‘s a flop now #Karma

Taylorrgh

I stand with Nicki. The music industry has a way of making black artists especially woman of color feel inferior to their white counterparts even though I don't agree about what she said here.

JusKeepBreathin

The audacity to compare herself to Beyoncé and shade Gaga in the same rant.

lady gaga beyonce GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

CAPTAINXGAGA
11 hours ago, liquidsunshine said:

She’s delusional for thinking she’s invented colorful wig when she debuted around GAGA But FACT she did re jump start a whole female rapping game. So credit that to her. 

Girl, Everything Nicki came in the industry with she got from lil Kim she ripped off her style from gaga and lil kim. The only reason why her rap run was so long is because labels weren't into signing female rappers at the time. Now that we have Cardi, City girls, Megan the stallion and Iggy she's burning out that's why she's mad. 

Archived