Nicki shades Billboard for comparing her to Gaga

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
11 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Barbs are taking it as shade against Meg because barbs are crazy and were upset that she didn't list Nicki in her top 5 female rappers a week or so ago. Even though shes given her props like a million times and they even have a good relationship considering she commented on the post and nicki not only responded but responded to a fan admitting that meg shows love. So the post was about Cardi, and as she has multiple times in the past, throws racial shade at Gaga as if she hasnt been a phenom that influenced culture and is literally just an overrated white woman. That is the point Nicki always tries to make. then she edits out the part about gaga for what? like...this is what i hate about nicki minaj. i want to like her, i like her music, but shes so overly defensive and gets toxic. and then people validate her toxicity and no one truly holds her accountable. Gaga isnt left out of this at all imo, it just happened, so its going to get picked up by publications and she will absolutely be mentioned.

when nicki first entered the mainstream she had nothing but positive things to say about gaga and wanted to work with her, imo I think Gaga was on her arrogant bag back then, probably acted above working with nicki and nicki being nicki never let that go and thats fine. but over the years she throws these little digs gagas way and its annoying to me. whether people notice it or not. i feel like she tries to influence black culture to not like lady gaga tbh.

Never thought I'd be happy about the Barbs—them making it all about Meg probably gave Gaga some breathing room. Yeah, this might be picked up but since the Billboard article that she lost it over isn't even real—it's a Billboard journalist talking about BTS who barely mentioned Gaga and didn't even mention Nicki—I doubt it will get picked up by the tabloids. If anything, if it is picked up they'll base it off Meg/Lil Kim since that's how the Shade Room took it.

Black culture, especially African American culture, isn't monolithic so generalizations have to be taken with a grain of salt. In general, straight up pop and electropop just isn't that popular with many Black radio stations, BET, etc. unlike Ariana's trap infused pop. But there's downsides to white artists being favored by the Black radio stations and artists, too, like Ariana and Post Malone have been hardcore dragged for being culture vultures at times. At the end of the day, Nicki isn't deciding anything in the music scene anymore (she just dragged BET and alienated a lot of people for it) and Janelle, Patti, Lizzo, Cardi all like Gaga and Rihanna is basically ambivalent but has shown love in the past—which is about as good as Gaga will probably get which is fine imo.

Edonis
4 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

Why are ppl like this :fail:

Does stan twitter actually think these kinds of posts are funny...or?

The other option is that the account actually wants Gaga dragged.

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

It's a racist troll account. I've seen nearly identical ones do the same thing with Ariana, comparing her to Black artists,, etc. Only thing to do is call them out for being a racist troll account and mass report them.

Inferno
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Never thought I'd be happy about the Barbs—them making it all about Meg probably gave Gaga some breathing room. Yeah, this might be picked up but since the Billboard article that she lost it over isn't even real—it's a Billboard journalist talking about BTS who barely mentioned Gaga and didn't even mention Nicki—I doubt it will get picked up by the tabloids. If anything, if it is picked up they'll base it off Meg/Lil Kim since that's how the Shade Room took it.

Black culture, especially African American culture, isn't monolithic so generalizations have to be taken with a grain of salt. In general, straight up pop and electropop just isn't that popular with many Black radio stations, BET, etc. unlike Ariana's trap infused pop. But there's downsides to being favored by the Black radio stations and artists, too, like Ariana's been hardcore dragged for being a culture vulture at times. At the end of the day, Nicki isn't deciding anything in the music scene anymore (she just dragged BET and alienated a lot of people for it) and Janelle, Patti, Lizzo, Cardi all like Gaga and Rihanna is basically ambivalent but has shown love in the past—which is about as good as Gaga will probably get which is fine imo.

Imo Gagas like relevance is always hanging on by a thread, so I just think Nicki knows this and is always trying to spark another post-BTW-ARTPOP kind of media dragging for some reason while simultaneously supporting all of Gagas peers. Like....imo something probably went down with them behind the scenes like professional squabbles whether it be Boomkack moving to nickis camp or redone producing for her or whatever. Nickis involvement with Madonna and M.I.A. of which we know how they have felt about Gaga over the years. Something is up with Nicki and Gaga tbh. Its overall a pretty silent thing publically but its clear theres hostility there.

Inferno
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

Does stan twitter actually think these kinds of posts are funny...or?

The other option is that the account actually wants Gaga dragged.

Yup.

nodandsmile
9 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

No no no  no!!! And the sad thing is that she has so many stan accounts like this. Wanna believe that account wants Gaga dragged but well even here sometimes ...

OT: Ever since Cardi came around, she lost her damn mind. I can't even anymore. Too f*cking unbearable!

LilyLark
Just now, SimplyTheBest said:

No no no  no!!! And the sad thing is that she has so many stan accounts like this. Wanna believe that account wants Gaga dragged but well even here sometimes ...

Yeah, that racist troll does the same thing with Ariana and other celebrities and pits them against Black women. The only thing to do is to call her out as a racist troll/report her.

nikola

Nicki became such a laughing matter... All she does these days is seeking attention by attacking other people because that's the only way she can get attention.  I mean look at Megatron it mega FLOPED 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

HosedDownGypsy

shes just jealous cause she didnt get to touch the melon :oops:

ladygagacardib1102.jpg?w968

RAIN ON ME

monketsharona
15 minutes ago, Alecgaga said:

Nicki has bad Attitude :reductive:

She is ending her own career the same way Azealia ended hers

DelusionalGaga

I almost feel sad for her because she's so pressed all the time. Can she just stop expecting people to kiss her a$s all the time and go back to making music? 

Illuminati Freak

One day she'll end up digging her own grave and go the ways of Azealia Banks if she continues down this path. 

Archived