Nicki shades Billboard for comparing her to Gaga

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
2 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

20 years? You’re gonna have to mention Madonna as well because she did it before Gaga. 🤓 And Cher 20 years before that.

Honestly every artist has an impact on subsequent artists. Cher/Madonna/Grace Jones/David Bowie/Elton had an impact on Gaga, Lil Kim/Gaga/Grace Jones on Nicki, Grace Jones for Rihanna, Cher/Debbie Harry on Madonna, and so on.

Mitchey
6 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

20 years? You’re gonna have to mention Madonna as well because she did it before Gaga. 🤓 And Cher 20 years before that.

Madonna’s fashion has never been as outrageous as Gaga’s OR Cher’s.  And we’re talking about the immediate impact of Gaga’s eccentricity in 2008-2010 and how artists evolved over night to keep up with Gaga, who was stealing all of the spotlight on the red carpet

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

Honestly stan accounts need to stop egging this ish on and dragging Gaga into it—Nicki is just looking for attention based off an article that's nothing like she said it was and luckily no one but Gaga stans are really dragging her into it—Shade room, etc. is bringing up Lil Kim and Meghan into this drama.

hankhatesyouall

Why does everyone still pay attention to this...person? 
Her attention-seeking antics are getting old.
She's just trying to say something outrageous to rile up fan bases. 
I don't believe she actually means what she says.

TeenIdle

She's a joke. Always pointing out how she brought back female rap when all of her hits are pop.. Take a seat and enjoy your irrelevance. You're not gonna be credited for anything anytime soon. 

Smother Em Eh

I can’t stand her arrogance :excuseu:

Nicki just admit you’re inspired by Gaga it’s obvious :ladyhaha:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Inferno

Everytime Nicki tries to make a point in defense of herself she has to throw another woman under the bus. Every damn time. She can be very trumpian and culty if you look at the manipulation here with how its this combination of making people feel sorry for her and also riling them up to hate on someone else (in this case mostly Cardi with all that shade about writing and partially Gaga because now everyones going to be like "f*ck that white bitch youre the goat"). So all of this deflects not only from her own hypocrisy in all this posturing about how people shouldnt pit women against eachother when its against her while simultaneously pitting women against herself, but also from the original point which was that Pink Fridays general fashion aesthetic was very Gaga which makes sense since Gaga was a phenom at the time and im sure the label pushed Nicki in that direction because it was then profitable and she was a drama major and was down to be about it anyway like....if it were not for The Fame, Pink Friday would not have looked like that. Period. And none of that is negating the fact that Gaga wouldnt exist without references either. So everyone thats ready to hop on that "but but Gaga looked like Madonna and Dale Bozio and Grace Jones and la la la" all those people are credited in her album booklet, literally, Nicki can't even just admit that Pink Friday had some Gaga-esque flavor. Why? Why is that so painful for her?

I literally see her fans acting as if there was nothing Gaga about Pink Friday. How can you be so blind? They weren't all just already doing all that before The Fame. They weren't. Period. Not even Katy Perry, she was kitsch and camp yeah but in a much more obviously sexual way, it wasnt so much about straight up theater. Why can't people just GIVE gaga credit where its due? She shifted pop culture at that time using influences from the past and her peers had to hop on that train because it was so successful and the labels wanted money. Why is that something people refuse to acknowledge as fact?

KleinGa
55 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

Literally no mention of Nicki... like AT ALL.

Exactly. She took it as a personal attack. If the shoe fits...

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Everytime Nicki tries to make a point in defense of herself she has to throw another woman under the bus. Every damn time. She can be very trumpian and culty if you look at the manipulation here with how its this combination of making people feel sorry for her and also riling them up to hate on someone else (in this case mostly Cardi with all that shade about writing and partially Gaga because now everyones going to be like "f*ck that white bitch youre the goat"). So all of this deflects from the original point which was that Pink Fridays general fashion aesthetic was very Gaga which makes sense since Gaga was a phenom at the time and im sure the label pushed Nicki in that direction because it was then profitable and she was a drama major and was down to be about it anyway like....if it were not for The Fame, Pink Friday would not have looked like that. Period. And none of that is negating the fact that Gaga wouldnt exist without references either. So everyone thats ready to hop on that "but but Gaga looked like Madonna and Dale Bozio and Grace Jones and la la la" all those people are credited in her album booklet, literally, Nicki can't even just admit that Pink Friday had some Gaga-esque flavor. Why? Why is that so painful for her?

People took it mostly as shade against Meg, since she omitted Meg in her first post, and the double standards in the music industry (not so much at Gaga) and the shade room made it all about Meg and Lil Kim—so luckily Gaga's been left out  of this mess except for Gaga stans on twitter trying to drag her into it.

But the thing is the o.g. article isn't even claiming that Gaga inspired Nicki and is mostly about BTS—it doesn't even mention Nicki. It's a fan account twisting a few comments by a journalist with a dismissive graphic made by a stan—it's obviously not even from Billboard. She's just seizing on legit issues—like white privilege, misogyny, ageism—to try and start ish based off a stan account being dumb, etc.

Yeah, Lil Kim and Gaga obviously had an impact but I'd rather Nicki not even admit it at this point. Best for her to just not even mention Gaga imo.

TeenIdle

And let's not forget Nicki recruited Gaga's producer, so he could deliver some hits 

tiffany pollard laughing GIF

Inferno
9 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

People took it mostly as shade against Meg, since she omitted Meg in her first post, and the double standards in the music industry (not so much at Gaga) and the shade room made it all about Meg and Lil Kim—so luckily Gaga's been left out  of this mess except for Gaga stans on twitter trying to drag her into it.

But the thing is the o.g. article isn't even claiming that Gaga inspired Nicki and is mostly about BTS—it doesn't even mention Nicki. It's a fan account twisting a few comments by a journalist with a dismissive graphic made by a stan—it's obviously not even from Billboard. She's just seizing on legit issues—like white privilege, misogyny, ageism—to try and start ish based off a stan account being dumb, etc.

Yeah, Lil Kim and Gaga obviously had an impact but I'd rather Nicki not even admit it at this point. Best for her to just not even mention Gaga imo.

Barbs are taking it as shade against Meg because barbs are crazy and were upset that she didn't list Nicki in her top 5 female rappers a week or so ago. Even though shes given her props like a million times and they even have a good relationship considering she commented on the post and nicki not only responded but responded to a fan admitting that meg shows love. So the post was about Cardi, and as she has multiple times in the past, throws racial shade at Gaga as if she hasnt been a phenom that influenced culture and is literally just an overrated white woman. That is the point Nicki always tries to make. then she edits out the part about gaga for what? like...this is what i hate about nicki minaj. i want to like her, i like her music, but shes so overly defensive and gets toxic. and then people validate her toxicity and no one truly holds her accountable. Gaga isnt left out of this at all imo, it just happened, so its going to get picked up by publications and she will absolutely be mentioned.

when nicki first entered the mainstream she had nothing but positive things to say about gaga and wanted to work with her, imo I think Gaga was on her arrogant bag back then, probably acted above working with nicki and nicki being nicki never let that go and thats fine. tbh none of her peers from that time period seem to like her, either theyre spiteful or she rubbed them the wrong way from behind the scenes stuff we'll never know anything about. but over the years nickis thrown these little digs gagas way and its annoying to me. like publically, gagas never had anything to say about nicki so i really dont get it.

Awakened M

Someone send her a therapist. She needs one badly.

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Archived