💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Stranger Things | Season 3 Discussion

mariomania1234

Featured Posts

River
58 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Tbf, they've kinda dragged this plotline out for 3 seasons so I dont think itll be too difficult to wrap up. Without the little cliff-hangers it could have ended at S1 or S2. 

Hopefully S4 is just as good as 1 and 3 though. Finished watching it today and my life no longer has purpose đŸ˜Ș

yeah you're right, in some sense they had to

Spoiler

re-open the gate to make this season lol

I also think that El is suffering too much, like I would just go crazy if I lived this kind of life :laughga: sometimes I just want her suffering to end, I can't watch it when she screams and everything

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Felixorfelicia
6 hours ago, Dominic said:

Netflix haven't renewed it officially but the creators have said S4 will be the last. 

I thought they had a 5-season plan 

Tease it to Jesus

Eido
1 minute ago, Felixorfelicia said:

They planned that it would last for a maximum of 5 seasons depending on what netflix give them the opportunity to do. So I think they would most likely do a season 4 then a movie 

Dominic
49 minutes ago, Felixorfelicia said:

I read an article yday and it quoted the writers saying they had always intended it to be a four season arc. I'm almost certain it was recent đŸ€”

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Felixorfelicia

1 hour ago, Dominic said:

I read an article yday and it quoted the writers saying they had always intended it to be a four season arc. I'm almost certain it was recent đŸ€”

Well in april last year, Shawn Levy (producer)  said:

"We have a good sense of stuff that happens in Season 4. Season 4 is definitely happening. There's very much the possibility of a season beyond that one, that's currently undecided." (https://www.newsweek.com/stranger-things-season-4-everything-we-know-1447348)

but yeah maybe after 4 seasons the characters have suffered enough lol

Tease it to Jesus

I just hope that they do something different in Season 4. Don't get me wrong, this season is AMAZING and the plot doesn't feel very tired, I just hope that they don't do the whole 'oh sh*t guess what, the Upside Down monsters are back!!', you know what I mean?

Damon

overall i really liked this season, it was good

really loved how they developed the characters except for Hopper, he seemed like a maniac the whole season

am i the only one who find the russian story kinda random? :selena: like theydidn't put much effort in giving background to it, just shoved it in so all the characters have something to do

... and now i just sit in silence.

Anderson123

I really loved this season, didn't feel like it had any filler content because I binge watched it and was really entertained all the time with all of the storylines getting together. There's this one small detail I noticed and has not been mentioned yet on this thread but I assume it's going to be part of next season:

- You know that scene where it's raining and Will is trying to make the guys play Dungeons and Dragons with him, he gets mad and has a breakdown, leaves the house and Mike chases him and tells him what's wrong because they're growing up and that it's OK if he doesn't like girls, they stare at each other like Will was trying to say that yes, in fact he doesn't like girls. That was really powerful because I know what that feels like so I hope they pick up on that and don't leave it here.

Miel

Okay, after sitting and processing it for like about a week, I think I have some quick final thoughts on it.

It's definitely the most entertaining season, and the most fun, and the absolute best visually. But the writing and tone and occasionally even characterization was kind of hit or miss, especially when compared to the writing and tone and characterization in season 2.

It's a charming season, but I wanted different things from its writing. Sometimes more (characters and dynamics, specifically Billy/Max and how that relationship grew and changed between ST2 and ST3, Nancy's workplace environment actually being explored and not just a shallow backdrop, maybe exploring whatever the hell Jonathan was doing, probably more sympathetic and nuanced writing for Hopper and Billy to make their arcs actually feel complete and not hollow), and many times less (still not sure how I feel about the underground Russian base subplot, Karen's scenes were unfortunately useless until her scenes with Nancy so her part arc in the first episode was weirdly executed, Dustin and Suzie's... duet).

3 points in and ready for more

Dutch

Hmm, I guess I’m the only who didn’t like this season as much as the first two...

youandi

I adored it! Felt like such a step up from series 2! 

I've seen a few people say they think it's gotten samey but I don't see how wildly different they can go when they're building a specific story. It's not like each series hasn't had its own main story and smaller arcs anyway. 

Suspiria
On 7/8/2019 at 10:31 PM, River said:

I also think that El is suffering too much, like I would just go crazy if I lived this kind of life :laughga: sometimes I just want her suffering to end, I can't watch it when she screams and everything

Same lol. I'm really not an empathetic person but I feel like I'm getting a brain aneurysm every time she uses her powers:ladyhaha:

Suspiria

Just finished the series. Overall very entertaining, couldn't stop watching. Visually great - starcourt mall is a total eyegasm. The shots with Billy fighting the monster and the fireworks going off in the mall were just a visual feast, would frame them on my wall.

I definitely miss the mystery and suspense of the first series though, it was what made it appealing. It feels more like an action show now. But I guess that had to happen. However I do think they could cut down on the violence and gore... I just don't think the show needs it. And honestly I feel really uncomfortable watching children kiss so intensely lol... like they could've cut that down a bit.

Another thing I kind of miss is the sense of family love. Like there were definitely some cute and relatable moments amongst the friends - when Will realises his friends are growing up without him, when Dustin comes home and no one cares. However I wish Joyce and the other parents would care more about their kids lol... it just seems kind of unrealistic that these parents would just let their kids disappear for days on end, especially after all they've been through. And in series 1 Joyce's character was just so much more interesting because she was a really believable mother who really cared about her family

I also wish they would make it more believable that it's actually in the 80s. On an aesthetic level it's great. But really, would a priviliged jock who's used to every girl falling at his feet really just be immediately understanding and cool about his crush being a lesbian? I felt like that scene could've been more realistic. Billy's open racism was convincing though.

Bring on season 4!

Haroon

Just finished S3, watched it over the past few days :party:

I liked it, more than S2 but less than S1 (probably because of that whole fresh and new feeling). I was so emotional at the end and I was like “wow it’s over” and then BAM the little cliff hanger which also made me like “ :koons: “ inside because it made sense to just end things and I don’t want things to drag :sweat:

It was cool how there were multiple fragmented stories going on throughout and then they came together harmoniously and made sense :nick: It wasn’t complicated or convoluted and it looked amazing :giveup: I watched the first half on my phone when I wasn’t at home and then watched the rest on TV and wow I regret not watching it all on TV :laughga:

Archived