Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Madame X sells 4,000 copies in her second week.

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

BrickMonster

this is honestly the trajectory of most legacy pop stars, and even icons. sad but true. 

i'm sure gaga herself is aware of this, which is why she's trying to play the long game. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NNES

I'm not surprised, this is by far her worst album (YET! :trollga:)... If she had made a good album, this downfall wouldn't exist. 

To all the Madame X lovers who will come for me: It peaked higher than Erotica, Bedtime Stories, RAY OF LIGHT and Rebel Heart... If this makes you happy :ally:

tenor.gif?itemid=9083311

Ronk

I'm one of those who got a CD with my ticket to Madame X in December.  Already received the CD in the mail.  But like all my Gaga albums, it will remain wrapped and I will listen to the downloads or streams.  I am so stoked for this concert.  I followed her  through the '80 when she made her first 4 albums.  :legend:

I live outside the space time continuum.

simbiosis

Come back to me when current hit girls are able to even sell 4K in their second week in a few decades time! This, in the very unlikely scenario, that they manage to have a career spanning 3-4 decades. 

Madame X is EVERYTHING a Madonna fan could ask from her almost 37 years into her career. Amazing music, outstanding visuals, and highly accomplished concept. 

She is refusing to be put down simply as a legacy artist, like all of her peers from the same or earlier generations; she wants to keep creating and putting original material out there. Just a few days ago she gave us a brilliant and politically important performance for thousands of fans at World Pride, marking the historic 50 years anniversary of Stonewall.

She could simply rest on her achievements and her millions, get a Broadway musical done, a biopic, become demure and take on the typical behaviour of a 60 year old woman, or do a greatest hits tour, but no... She doesn’t want to, and that should be acknowledged and respected. 

All of us who appreciate her and love her, will always be here to recognise that once more she is persevering and pushing the envelope of what is expected of her as a woman, as a female pop star, as the Queen of Pop.

BlingNotTheMusic
21 hours ago, Smother Em Eh said:

That sounds really interesting. 

Could you send me a link to it? I’d love to watch it. I love things like that from Artists!

I honestly didn't think it was official but it shows her entire interviews and everything. Enjoy!

BlingNotTheMusic
6 hours ago, Ronk said:

I'm one of those who got a CD with my ticket to Madame X in December.  Already received the CD in the mail.  But like all my Gaga albums, it will remain wrapped and I will listen to the downloads or streams.  I am so stoked for this concert.  I followed her  through the '80 when she made her first 4 albums:legend:

I'm so jealous of you tbh. To follow an icon since their birth :wub:

Stephen

Not sure why people are acting like this is bad :huh: Madonna is not trying to be the it girl anymore, she has legend status. Of course her hardcore fans and followers bought the album the first week, and it went #1 :shrug:

RoverLoader
8 hours ago, BrickMonster said:

this is honestly the trajectory of most legacy pop stars, and even icons. sad but true. 

i'm sure gaga herself is aware of this, which is why she's trying to play the long game. 

Yep. Tbh, I see Gaga these days as almost mirroring Cher's career rather than Madonna. I expect as Gaga gets older, she will do more acting and less traditional albums. It seems she has been embraced by Hollywood whereas Madonna never was, despite a few hit movies here and there.

Ronk
22 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

Yep. Tbh, I see Gaga these days as almost mirroring Cher's career rather than Madonna. I expect as Gaga gets older, she will do more acting and less traditional albums. It seems she has been embraced by Hollywood whereas Madonna never was, despite a few hit movies here and there.

Could happen.  I'm stoked that I have tickets to see Cher on December 6, and Madonna the next day.  :excited:

Ronk
23 hours ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

I'm so jealous of you tbh. To follow an icon since their birth :wub:

I have followed many artists at the start of their careers, including Madonna, Britney, Elton, Cher, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Rickie Lee Jones, Arlo Guthrie, Joni Mitchell.  Even Tony Bennett  ... my father was a jazz musician.

I wish people would celebrate what Madonna has done.  She advanced pop music, pushed the envelope, was an inspiration to many, and  was an influence to artists who followed, including Gaga.  She did all that in the '80s, like Gaga did 20 years later.

Archived