💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Madame X sells 4,000 copies in her second week.

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

Horrible. Like most bad albums (MDNA, Rebel Heart, Britney Jean, Glory, Lotus etc) the single choices don’t matter. The public just simply interested in any part of what these artists are putting out. Especially albums that are put out simply for the sake of touring. You can tell very little effort is put into them

Arturo
1 hour ago, TheBatman said:

Madame X IS a killer album. Wither away?! Retire because u said she should? Her status as the Queen of Pop is untouchable, and I hope she continues as long as she wants to.

Is this below not accurate? 

Anyway the #1 is a huge achievement, she may have become more of a cult artist like Prince and Bowie now but hey she can still get that #1. And what matters most is the calibre of work she is creating is masterful. Incredible album and videos. That's what I'm here for.

That’s SPS.

Mana Mahad
8 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Horrible. Like most bad albums (MDNA, Rebel Heart, Britney Jean, Glory, Lotus etc) the single choices don’t matter. The public just simply interested in any part of what these artists are putting out. Especially albums that are put out simply for the sake of touring. You can tell very little effort is put into them

You forgot to mention Joanne. :vegas:

Weasel

Ageism is real y'all. Whoever calls this tragic, let's see how much Gaga would pull when she's 60 and radio refuses to play her music. Then again, they already pretty much refuse to play her music anyways #2018radioisours :huntyga:

JusKeepBreathin
20 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Ageism is real y'all. Whoever calls this tragic, let's see how much Gaga would pull when she's 60 and radio refuses to play her music. Then again, they already pretty much refuse to play her music anyways #2018radioisours :huntyga:

Well hopefully she'll do Cher numbers not Madonna numbers.:ohwell:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Quartz

It's the autotune ya'll.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Jose P

F*ck the GP honestly. Artists like Ed Sheeran are triumphing but albums with true artistry and well developed concepts are underperforming. I’ll never understand the way the public ignores older artists. Once they’re 20 years into their careers, people start saying they should retire, “has-been”, desperate, etc. At least Madonna kept churning out hits until 2009-2012. Let’s hope Gaga can have that longevity, cause this will eventually happen to her as well :bradley: 

Smother Em Eh
7 hours ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

This is really unfortunate considering all the work and thought that went into this album. I saw a mini documentary on it and how it came to be. She's inspired by so many things. Madame X's messages, imagery, production, and concept is miles ahead of many better selling albums this year...

That sounds really interesting. 

Could you send me a link to it? I’d love to watch it. I love things like that from Artists!

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Smother Em Eh

I don’t think sales really mattered at all to her this Era. For her it’s all about passion and expression rather then selling.

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

DeleteMyAccount

As a business perspective, it's really embarrassing. And the hype for God Control really should've been known by her team before anything else was even released. I had a friend that was part of the filming for God Control and they talked about how great and controversial it would be. And yet it took forever to come out. 

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, hausga said:

Wouldn't that be worse??:oprah:

Nope 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RoverLoader

Well it was still no1. That's what will be on the history books. I do find it rather sad though to a certain extent. I don't think it made a difference what singles were released either. I mean we've had FIVE videos in like 6/8 weeks. That's unprecedented from Madonna.

However Madame X seems to be hanging on better in the UK and Australia, which are two markets where it didn't get to no 1. Either way, I'm happy with the output and promotion of this era. You can't say she didn't put her heart into this.

Archived