💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Kylie's 'Step Back In Time' is a trip down memory lane

crownlessking

Featured Posts

crownlessking

Monsters, have you checked out Kylie's 'Step Back In Time' yet? Or seen her sick performance at Glasto? I've got full on Kylie fever, so I wrote a review of her greatest hits album which covers everything from 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' right up to her new B-side 'New York City'.

What's your favourite track from the album? Did anything you loved not make the cut (I'm bitter there was nothing from 'Kiss Me Once' on there, tbh.

Anyway, links here: https://screenstreams.co.uk/2019/06/kylie-minogue-step-back-in-time-review.html

Let's talk Kylie.

kylie minogue GIF

Musicisfreedom

So happy to see Kylie getting some love on here! I adore her, and Step Back In Time is such a fabulous album! 

Bitch I'm Madonna

NewUsername

I saw her live this weekend and was kinda underwhelmed tbh.
The opening and the red part were really cool, but then a lot of the other stuff felt really out of place and for a much older audience (I'm 27). 

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, NewUsername said:

I saw her live this weekend and was kinda underwhelmed tbh.
The opening and the red part were really cool, but then a lot of the other stuff felt really out of place and for a much older audience (I'm 27). 

Well, she has been around since the 80s - and this is a greatest hits tour. That's probably why. But I think Kylie's music is for everyone! From Loco-Motion until now! 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Hades

I love many of her songs like On a night like this, Red Blooded Woman, the whole X and Aphrodite but i think she hasn't evolved lately. I didn't enjoy Kiss Me once-Golden much:noparty:.

crownlessking
1 hour ago, Musicisfreedom said:

So happy to see Kylie getting some love on here! I adore her, and Step Back In Time is such a fabulous album! 

The taste JUMPED out. It's so good, right? Reliving her top hits is definitely an experience I need rn

crownlessking
1 hour ago, Hades said:

I love many of her songs like On a night like this, Red Blooded Woman, the whole X and Aphrodite but i think she hasn't evolved lately. I didn't enjoy Kiss Me once-Golden much:noparty:.

Damn, Golden is my fave album of hers! Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Red Blooded Woman is an absolute jam, we can agree on that!

Bio

Love Kylie but yeah, we already have "This Is Kylie" playlist on Spotify, no one needs a Greatest Hits in 2019.

crownlessking
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

Love Kylie but yeah, we already have "This Is Kylie" playlist on Spotify, no one needs a Greatest Hits in 2019.

Yeah, I touched on this in the review. Still, it's nice to have another way to listen to her, I guess? *shrugs*

WitnessEye

It sucks. Only one new song (it is very good tho)  and we already heard It a year ago. I am a CD collector too, design of an album is TRASH. A flop.

IAmNotHere1997
53 minutes ago, Bio said:

I get your point, but keep in mind that she also has a big older audience, people that grew up with LPs and not a Spotify premium subscription, and I'm pretty sure they're not that MAD about this release. Greatest-hits albums are usually the first go-to albums for the general public. The ones that always re-enter the albums chart after a performance or something, you get what I'm saying. They have their own purposes, especially when it comes from an artist that debuted in the 80's, and being streamed by teens is not the MAIN one. It may also debut at #1 in the UK, so she's getting her coins.

crownlessking
52 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

I get your point, but keep in mind that she also has a big older audience, people that grew up with LPs and not a Spotify premium subscription, and I'm pretty sure they're not that MAD about this release. Greatest-hits albums are usually the first go-to albums for the general public. The ones that always re-enter the albums chart after a performance or something, you get what I'm saying. They have their own purposes, especially when it comes from an artist that debuted in the 80's, and being streamed by teens is not the MAIN one. It may also debut at #1 in the UK, so she's getting her coins.

Exactly this. It's smart marketing if nothing else.

Plus, it gets to introduce a whole new generation to the wonders of Miss Minogue.

Archived