đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Madonna - God Control

EdX

Featured Posts

Charlie

As a resident of Orlando and as a community member apart of the healing process after the Pulse massacre I do not support the imagery or storytelling component of this video.

I condone this message in its entirety.

This is wrong, disgusting, and disturbing  that she is profiting off the backs of dead people of color and marginalized communities. 

There are other ways to handle this dialogue.

F$&@ her. 

fav song: lady haha — no floodz ft adele

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie

And PS. 

Literally anyone, which is literally everyone that’s on this forum heretofore that think this is “cool” needs some deep reflection.

I lost friends in my community. I have friends that were reeling from the trauma for years.

Just no. 

simbiosis
8 minutes ago, Charlie said:

As a resident of Orlando and as a community member apart of the healing process after the Pulse massacre I do not support the imagery or storytelling component of this video.

This is wrong, disgusting, and disturbing  that she is profiting off the backs of dead people of color and marginalized communities. 

F$&@ her. 

I understand you might feel like that, but the issue here is not about profiting, but about enacting change. The video and message of the song is meant to lead to cultural and political conversation about gun reform, and even more practically to support grassroots gun legislation organisations.

RoverLoader
10 minutes ago, Charlie said:

And PS. 

Literally anyone, which is literally everyone that’s on this forum heretofore that think this is “cool” needs some deep reflection.

I lost friends in my community. I have friends that were reeling from the trauma for years.

Just no. 

Gun violence has affected literally every single community in the country. CHILDREN were massacred in Sandy Hook ffs. No one think's it's "cool". People think it's a breathtaking, thought provoking  and necessary piece of art. If it even changes a few people's minds on guns and gun control then isn't that a positive thing? You are failing to see the big picture.

19 minutes ago, Charlie said:

F$&@ her. 

Ugh!!!  What are YOU doing to bring awearness to this issue?  you are nothing but a Madonna hater  and are using this video to justify your hate.  Grow up and get a life.   OH and..

F$&@ YOU.

TRUMP 2020

simbiosis
5 minutes ago, Charlie said:

And PS. 

Just no. 

And for the disco imagery and location, it is meant to trigger exactly this type of conversation. The use of a 1970s disco as backdrop is actually intentionally used to contrast the happiness and freedom associated with music and dancing which can suddenly be stopped by a gun.

Madonna said it herself: 

“I tried to bring the world of disco and freedom, and having that joy silenced by a small thing made of metal that can end someone’s life. The idea of the song is that I’m speaking about something very serious, but the music is disco. It’s ironic because we used to be able to go places like discos to have fun, to forget, to be free, and now even those places aren’t safe.”

She goes on to say:

"I made this video because I want to draw attention to a crisis that needs to be addressed. To me, this is the biggest problem in America right now. Understand that this is what happens. Guns kill. A bullet rips through your body, knocks you to the floor and takes your life, and you bleed to death. I mean this is reality. We know that gun violence disproportionately affects children and the disenfranchised in our society. This certainly inspires me to use my art and platform to advocate for change. We live in a democracy. We can change laws, but it requires organization -- and it requires consistency -- and it requires people doing what they can do -- at a grass roots level or on a larger scale. Which is what I'm trying to do. You can do it through your art, you can do it through activism in your own community. There are so many levels and ways to do it. I'm trying to stoke the fires and keep people focused on this crisis through my art and through my own statements."

Madonna is coming from a good and respectful place, using imagery that we see everyday on TV, films, etc, but that by being made intentionally shocking and graphic, might contribute to change.

Charlie
Just now, DavieX said:

Ugh!!!  What are YOU doing to bring awearness to this issue?  you are nothing but a Madonna hater  and are using this video to justify your hate.  Grow up and get a life.

F$&@ YOU.

Read my article here that I interviewed for and I opened up two galleries in Orlando that benefited QLatinx and the onePulse Foundation. I also consult for Pride fund to End Gun Violence in Washington. 

Take a seat

Thanks.

http://interactioninstitute.org/feeling-orlando/

https://www.pridefund.org/

instagram: Charlie.k.schaeffer for archived gallery photos. 

Charlie
5 minutes ago, DavieX said:

Ugh!!!  What are YOU doing to bring awearness to this issue?  you are nothing but a Madonna hater  and are using this video to justify your hate.  Grow up and get a life.

F$&@ YOU.

And yes, I was happy to create paintings that started a positive movement towards healing. 

Do yourself a favor and do some homework 

simbiosis
2 minutes ago, Charlie said:

And yes, I was happy to create paintings that started a positive movement towards healing.  

And that exactly it that Madonna is doing here, @Charlie. As I just showed you in my previous replies to you, the same way you created paintings to start a positive movement towards healing, Madonna is creating music, visuals and using her massive platform to contribute to a positive movement towards gun safety and reform.

Evil R
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I understand the video seems confusing. IMO, it isn't a story but rather flashes of a story in Madame X's mind.

I agree with you. She first starts writing by having a flashback of what really happened and her memory goes back. At the end we saw that blonde Madonna watching the news of another shooting on TV, she didn't care and went to the club anyway. I like the ending, it shows how we see those devestating things happening around the globe and we act like it won't happen to us.

Maleficent
3 hours ago, Andreu said:

Praying for Faz Gostoso to be the next one

i think she already filmed a video for Batuka (or maybe Come Alive) on the Portuguese Coast. 

Babel

Love everything, the only thing I would change is the AWFUL Akerlund editing. As always with his videos, you can barely see what’s happening cause the shots last no longer than 3 seconds. :saladga: I don’t know who told him that was a good artsy move. Makes everything seem sloppy and amateur.

Maleficent

i think this WAS planned to be the lead, as it was a the first video shot for the era (back in march/april). Maybe they worried it would be TOO controversial and they’d have another American Life disaster their hand. 

If you think about it, the singles went from super safe to super campy (Medelling, I Rise, Crave, Future, Dark Ballet, God Control, (possibly) Batuka) 

Charlie
15 minutes ago, simbiosis said:

And for the disco imagery and location, it is meant to trigger exactly this type of conversation. The use of a 1970s disco as backdrop is actually intentionally used to contrast the happiness and freedom associated with music and dancing which can suddenly be stopped by a gun.

Madonna said it herself: 

“I tried to bring the world of disco and freedom, and having that joy silenced by a small thing made of metal that can end someone’s life. The idea of the song is that I’m speaking about something very serious, but the music is disco. It’s ironic because we used to be able to go places like discos to have fun, to forget, to be free, and now even those places aren’t safe.”

She goes on to say:

"I made this video because I want to draw attention to a crisis that needs to be addressed. To me, this is the biggest problem in America right now. Understand that this is what happens. Guns kill. A bullet rips through your body, knocks you to the floor and takes your life, and you bleed to death. I mean this is reality. We know that gun violence disproportionately affects children and the disenfranchised in our society. This certainly inspires me to use my art and platform to advocate for change. We live in a democracy. We can change laws, but it requires organization -- and it requires consistency -- and it requires people doing what they can do -- at a grass roots level or on a larger scale. Which is what I'm trying to do. You can do it through your art, you can do it through activism in your own community. There are so many levels and ways to do it. I'm trying to stoke the fires and keep people focused on this crisis through my art and through my own statements."

Madonna is coming from a good and respectful place, using imagery that we see everyday on TV, films, etc, but that by being made intentionally shocking and graphic, might contribute to change.

That’s exactly the language used in abusive relationships. 

“I’m sorry I hurt you, but it’s out of love and I hope to condition to train you how I see fit” 

Thats not love. That’s fear and she’s profiting for being a shock jock, and I know in my heart it’s wrong — regardless of gender, race, religion, or ideology. 

She took it too far, and this has to be the worst contribution to pop culture creativity in recent memory. 

Again taking the artist out of the equation. Putting on display the mowing down of people in a nightclub is wrong. Period. And anyone that again think this is “awesome” doesn’t understand the actual work it does to help heal a community and fight the politicians on the ground or in the arena. 

End of argument. 

✌🏽

• Admin changed the title to Madonna - God Control

Archived