💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Madonna - God Control

EdX

Featured Posts

simbiosis
1 hour ago, Charlie said:

That’s exactly the language used in abusive relationships. 

Her statements are of love and compassion and a call for change, not a type of language used in an abusive relationship.

She is showing exactly the same thing we see in films, tv shows, videogames 24/7, with the key difference that she is doing it by making it explicit in her art that this type of violence can happen anytime anywhere.

I’m very sorry you have experienced the violence that guns can cause closely, and understand where you are coming from. My view is however different to yours, because I’m looking through the perspective that art can lead to change, while you are seeing from an exploitative prism.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

I think we shouldn't argue with people who are victims or lost their loved ones and their friends in Pulse massacre or any other shooting massacre, we should listen and show support, so please think twice before you're writing, sometimes it's not about of being right or stan wars, it's about helping and listening to another person about their own trauma, it's real life above the forum or stan culture, so please people, don't attack @Charlie, just try to listen and open your mind a bit.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

@Charlie im sorry to hear about what happened.

I salute you for your initiatives and bravery :hug:

I respect why you feel that way about this video but  remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is a forum website. Some users here can be a bit childish and immature . If you feel personal attacked, you can always report it to mods or add them to your ignored user list. 

I wish you all the best :heart:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

zakariah

damn, this gave me confessions era teas during the dance sequences :flower:

and this really is one of her best videos of all time, it honestly should even be nominated fro VOTY at the vmas but we all know they won't even have the sense to put madonna in the shortlist now

BlingNotTheMusic
26 minutes ago, Charlie said:

That’s exactly the language used in abusive relationships. 

“I’m sorry I hurt you, but it’s out of love and I hope to condition to train you how I see fit” 

Thats not love. That’s fear and she’s profiting for being a shock jock, and I know in my heart it’s wrong — regardless of gender, race, religion, or ideology. 

She took it too far, and this has to be the worst contribution to pop culture creativity in recent memory. 

Again taking the artist out of the equation. Putting on display the mowing down of people in a nightclub is wrong. Period. And anyone that again think this is “awesome” doesn’t understand the actual work it does to help heal a community and fight the politicians on the ground or in the arena. 

End of argument. 

🏽

If someone in the public eye, ie. Madonna, doesn't use their platform to broadcast this message many people won't know or care about the issue. Sometimes it takes violent imagery to wake people up. 

Sassy McSass

I liked everything about this, specially the way the story is told backwards and that she sees news about gun violence - as we all do almost every day now it seems...- and goes out thinking “that won’t happen to me”. Also every stare she gives while in front of the typewriter... Wow. She can say so much with just her eyes. It’s heartbreaking but I loved it.

I liked that she included the disclaimer at the beginning because these images are haunting. That was very sensitive of her. I know it’s a more than necessary conversation but I couldn’t imagine suffering something like this and watching this video. I can’t imagine bringing myself to watch it again soon, to be honest, even though I liked it.

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

As a resident of Orlando and as a community member apart of the healing process after the Pulse massacre I do not support the imagery or storytelling component of this video.

I condone this message in its entirety.

This is wrong, disgusting, and disturbing  that she is profiting off the backs of dead people of color and marginalized communities. 

There are other ways to handle this dialogue.

F$&@ her. 

What happened in Orlando that day was horrific and graphic. This is simply just highlighting it in a music video. 

Im sorry but I really am sorry for your losses you had to deal with due to the pulse shootings but how else can we as people educate ourselves and understand narratives surrounding sensitive issues if media like this isn’t shown and thoughts surrounding the issues aren’t Provoked?

It’s like over here in the UK we have nightly soap operas air and throughout the years people complain when there’s storylines of child abuse, rape and knife crime. But the thing is I believe we have to show scenes which are graphic or scenes which provoke thought so we can spread the message and make people understand. It’s like one soap aired a storyline of take earlier this year and it received complaints for being too graphic (they didn’t show sex they just showed the guy grab the girl and push her around) but the sad fact is that it’s what happens daily to many people. 

Madonna made an outstanding piece of art with her music video and is using her platform to spread the message. If she said “***s r dead now lolz hehe” during the chorus then maybe I’d get the outrage but she simply showed what happens regularly in America. 

The bar in the video is not a direct copy of pulse itself so I can’t see any correlation there. Shootings happen, it’s a matter of life and I wouldn’t expect Madonna to censor something like this because it’s an issue what needs to be addressed. Shootings in real life are graphic, and much worse in the moment if you are ever unfortunate to experience one. 

Just be grateful someone so famous like Madonna is using her wealth and power to spread a wider message with the end goal that you (And many other people) don’t have to experience losing friends in our community again to such a terrible act! 

On topic; that was amazing 

🙋🏼‍♂️

Suspiria
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Can I pretend that Medellín and Crave didn't  happen. I started the Madame X era with Dark Ballet followed by God Control and then hopefully Faz Gostoso and thus ends the perfect Madonna Madame X era.  Most albums get a three single treatment anyways. 

The Medellín video was pretty good, and showed us ths nun, cha cha instructor, bride, equestrian etc.

The Crave video was just totally unnecessary, basically a Rebel Heart reject. I'm going to pretend it was just a promo single and not part of the actual videography:laughga:

God Control slays.

Sassy McSass
44 minutes ago, River said:

I think we shouldn't argue with people who are victims or lost their loved ones and their friends in Pulse massacre or any other shooting massacre, we should listen and show support, so please think twice before you're writing, sometimes it's not about of being right or stan wars, it's about helping and listening to another person about their own trauma, it's real life above the forum or stan culture, so please people, don't attack @Charlie, just try to listen and open your mind a bit.

This. Let’s be more supportive of others even when our opinions are different. We all come from different backgrounds and it affects our points of view.

I’m sorry for what happened to you @Charlie. I remember I only watched Gaga’s Till It Happens To You video once and regretted it after and I remember feeling awful when I came (or come) across this topic in movies and tv shows etc, because it happened to me, so I definitely can see your point. Thank you for sharing your story with us and I’m sorry in advance if my other comment may have offended you in any way.

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

Guillermo2

Is it my idea or Jonas Akerlund likes to show dead people in her music videos directions? :laughga:

Also... as a little monster it is impossible to not think about an attempt to imitate this scene of Judas (tear falling from one eye + close up)

BeautifulTalkativeKoi-size_restricted.gi

wanna post topics

Spock
4 hours ago, T E A said:

she said in an interview that she would like to make more videos but she's out of money. i can see why. :gaycat:

Do you have the link by any chance?

who will love me when the night is over

FameHookah
1 hour ago, Vegas said:

Love everything, the only thing I would change is the AWFUL Akerlund editing. As always with his videos, you can barely see what’s happening cause the shots last no longer than 3 seconds. :saladga: I don’t know who told him that was a good artsy move. Makes everything seem sloppy and amateur.

Its backwards i think, its not faster than John Wayne or Telephone tho

i could get the story.

WTF is MDNA

1 hour ago, Aquarius said:

damn, this gave me confessions era teas during the dance sequences :flower:

and this really is one of her best videos of all time, it honestly should even be nominated fro VOTY at the vmas but we all know they won't even have the sense to put madonna in the shortlist now

hahahah the vma's are a joke now   Taylor and her french fries suit will get VOTY I'm calling it now  hahahahaha   

TRUMP 2020

Illuminati Freak

One of my buddies lost his ex-lover in the Orlando Pulse massacre. He was very moved by the video and it brought up a lot of painful feelings and memories yes but he thinks Madonna is doing something great here. Opening up the discussion and bringing attention a bigger spotlight to issues. Using her artistry to yes provoke people and open their minds & eyes. Sometimes art makes people uncomfortable and isn't easy to digest, and it isn't pretty. But that's ok if some people have different reactions to it. Sometimes it's a violent dark side to everyday reality. My friend is still healing and so are many other people.

• Admin changed the title to Madonna - God Control

Archived