💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Enigma LV Visual Backdrops and Technology

automatic

Featured Posts

Bradley

@Didymus I would reply to your post except I am incredibly busy. :selena:

I will at some point, perhaps in a few hours or tomorrow but I have so many commitments rn. I might PM you instead. Please forgive me. :selena:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
9 hours ago, elijahfan said:

This is one of the reasons why I constantly reject the opinion of people who haven't actually attended - I'm pretty sure most of them will see stuff for the first time with this vid. I'll never stress this enough, but YouTube videos don't do a concert justice.

Yeah I came here to say that. I haven't seen it, but even from this video, I have seen the visuals in a whole new light.  For instance, I had no idea that the ring that hangs up there was 3D and had depth. I thought it was flat. Seeing things in this way really makes me appreciate the work put into the show and also understand why Gaga keeps taking it with her everywhere. She put a ton of time and money into this (not her own, but still) so it makes sense to bring this along.

I will, however, still say that I think a few costumes could be better. This video makes me appreciate the production value a lot more, though. It's much more akin to TMB 1.0 (especially being in a theater) in that it really utilizes the space that it's in and is by and large designed for that which means that to get the best experience you ought to see it there. It's not meant to tour, it's not meant to be shown on a bunch of YouTube videos (which we can go back and forth on whether or not that is a good idea in this day and age), it's meant to be seen live. TMB 1.0 doesn't look incredibly spectacular either at first video glance, but I've heard it is also amazing to see live.

Didymus
30 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I'm sorry but did you say that you preferred if she didn't do an acoustic segment? I think shows without acoustic sets can get tedious and monotonous. I attended Beyonce's OTR II Tour and I thought the biggest problem was how it was fast-tempo from beginning to end with no sorts of tonal changes whatsover. I think piano sets provide a nice change to the pace and tone.

I love her acoustic segments, it's just funny to me that even though it's just Gaga on stage they're 1000x more effective in terms of commanding my attention than the performances of her biggest hits :air: That means something's not right in the designing of those other numbers.

If it's just about "ok, let's do a few pop numbers and then give me a breather at the piano 'cause I'm gonna be tired, and that's where I'll really shine anyway" then that's just... lame. The whole show needs to be equally transporting and feel "urgent" and visceral at every second, not when she finally sits down :rip:

32 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I feel like what you are looking for is attitude. And attitude roots from acting on stage. I mean sure it could make a show better, but if you put in excellent vocals, tightly choreographed dance moves, theatricality (JD, Paparazzi, ScheiBe, the whole acting with Enigma, anime interludes), amazing lasers, lights, structures and backdrops, as well as a great and inspirational message, I don't see how it can be not enjoyable.

I really doubt Katy Perry can put on a better residency.

Katy does all of those things too though, minus the "excellent vocals" but as I've already said, the very fact that Gaga overchoreographs her songs makes her vocals less than excellent, she can barely hit a high note in the acoustic sections 'cause she's so tired. If I want to hear her excellent vocals I'll go to her jazz show :shrug:

And that's exactly the point/problem: when she has a jazz show where she puts on a better performance overall at the same time as her pop show, what does that say about her status as a pop performer? :emma: There have been such great, amazing, innovative and creative residencies before, it's shocking to me that Gaga thought a compilation of her old choreos and a new stage and screen design she just borrowed from someone else was enough, esp. when she says during these shows that she's very tough on herself artistically and holds herself to the highest standard possible :toofunny: Like, sorry, but if you can't even change a couple of choreos and if you use a stage prop to just stand still for 3 minutes straight, then you're not holding yourself to the highest standard, period.

Didymus

This is how you can do a residency without just performing songs standing in one spot doing the same choreo you've always done:

Take us on a journey, god damn it. LMs are way too easy on Gaga.

Magui

Didn't even realize that all that is happening during the show. Amazing! Experience everything live must be really, really amazing. I read about every person that attended and that post here, so that just confirms their experience there. 

Hybrid AT

Oh wow, I see the girls are fighting  :vegas:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d13648963464d386f

Honestly, I'm not gonna spend my time, effort and energy on trying to convince someone who clearly cannot be pleased. To invalidate this whole body of work by using denigrating words such as mediocre, barely achieved, below average and failed is just pushing it a little too far and just said to ruffle some feathers for the sole purpose of agitation. 

Of course, opinions are individual and perceptions are subjective, but they can clearly be stated in a more respectful manner. This is just disrespectful to her and her team, and becomes even more disrespectful when one hasn't even attended the actual show like  :air:

She sings her ass off for the whole duration of the show, dances, does acrobatics and gymnastics and never manages to miss a beat. The critics love it, the GP loves it, but her fanbase has to be the most negative. And some people forget that she planned the show while juggling ASIB, LG6 and god knows what not. She put this up in 6 months, literally 6 MONTHS yet some users have the audacity to discredit her of all the hard work and the efforts.

Oh well, just as Gaga herself says

"Thats why I'm the artist, and you're the public" :vegas:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Kindness Ponk
1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

No, but these are

gaga3.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

In terms of the outfits there is literally no comparison.

Spoiler

fashion-2013-1-lady-gaga-split-pants-mai

I am sorry but these BTWB looks always remind me of this.:oops:

Didymus
16 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Honestly, I'm not gonna spend my time, effort and energy on trying to convince someone who clearly cannot be pleased.

I can't be pleased? Then why did I call her jazz show genius two times in this very thread :emma:

17 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Of course, opinions are individual and perceptions are subjective, but they can clearly be stated in a more respectful manner. This is just disrespectful to her and her team, and becomes even more disrespectful when one hasn't even attended the actual show like  :air:

I think I stated my opinion quite respectfully, though. It's negative and critical, yes, but Gaga herself has noted she doesn't mind criticism as long as it's argumented, and that's what I do, I give arguments and explain why I didn't like it, and my logic is sound, even if you don't agree with it :vegas:

I didn't attend, no, but I still paid money to see her three times prior to this show and in all of those three times I found that the show looked better on camera than it did in real life, so I was never a fan of those "it's totally different/better irl" because that cliché is completely unwarranted. Some things you can criticize through video footage, some things you can't, which is why I'm not saying anything about mic and audio quality, the immersiveness of the visuals, the atmosphere in the concert hall, etc. But why couldn't I comment on the setlist, the storyline, the stage design and the choreography? :oprah:

18 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

And some people forget that she planned the show while juggling ASIB, LG6 and god knows what not. She put this up in 6 months, literally 6 MONTHS yet some users have the audacity to discredit her of all the hard work and the efforts.

So because she rushed herself we should praise her? Tell me how that makes sense. We already know she took someone else's story/stage concept for the show, and she clearly didn't invest a lot of time in the creation of new choreography or musical arrangements 'cause.. well, they're not there :toofunny:

I'm not at all denying she's working hard doing that show, esp. in her physical condition, but that doesn't have anything to do with the quality and design of the show itself, I'm afraid. That distinction doesn't seem to be comprensible for a lot of fans here, but I'm afraid it does apply :shrug:

Ronlop
31 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

And some people forget that she planned the show while juggling ASIB, LG6 and god knows what not. She put this up in 6 months, literally 6 MONTHS yet some users have the audacity to discredit her of all the hard work and the efforts.

I feel like when the whole "don't forget she rushed this. Considering she's busy, this is amazing!!" argument is used on a lot of her projects lately then that should already speak volumes :air:

I feel like it's just an excuse at this point. Especially because I feel during the beginning of her career she was way more busy and she still managed to put more effort and serve far more innovative and interesting things. 

Honestly, I just think her passion in trying to make things different appears less often than it has before. The MET Gala was a proof, to me, that it still exists in her somewhere.

joannesrats

Lets just remember that Enigma has been the most-loved show of hers for the GP. 

Didymus
3 hours ago, Ronlop said:

during the beginning of her career she was way more busy and she still managed to put more effort and serve far more innovative and interesting things.

Preach :koons:

2 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Lets just remember that Enigma has been the most-loved show of hers for the GP. 

Nah. Fame Ball and Monster Ball 2.0 >

Miel

I am very grateful to have been seated on the higher level, right in the center. Being able to see all of the visuals from a more broad point of view was really incredible, and close-up videos don't do it justice at all.

That said... I definitely think there could be less, I don't know, "blank" space on the stage floor? Either more props, or floor lighting, or even fog with lights and lower lasers. It just feels empty when you watch videos from the GA point of view. Floor lasers, fog, heavier projections- all could do wonders for the floor, in my opinion.

3 points in and ready for more

Angelm

The visuals are amazing :diane:

I’ve always wondered, was the “laser smoke” used? The one she uploaded a video when she was teasing the show? I think it’s used during TEOG but idk.

Archived