💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

A Rod talks Kylie’s rich life, calls Idris Elba “black guy”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

006575-BA-5-D30-485-B-BFAA-7474-ACDE4-FE

Alex Rodriguez spilled the details of his conversation with Jenner at the Met Gala in an article published Tuesday in Sports Illustrated. The retired Yankees slugger also likely offended many with his insensitive way of identifying celebrities at his table by their race. 

“We had a great table,” Rodriguez said of his and fiancée Jennifer Lopez’s dinner mates at the gala. “The black guy from ‘The Wire’— Idris Elba, yeah, and his new wife.

“Some famous singer next to me, I don’t know what her name is,” he continued. “Versace — Donatella. We had Kylie and Kendall. And we had an Asian gentleman from ’Crazy] Rich Asians,′ the lead. Kylie was talking about Instagram and her lipstick, and how rich she is.” 

Rodriguez managed to avoid other misfires in the SI interview, though the magazine recounted a conversation with Lopez that reveals he didn’t know the meaning of the word “balmy.” 

“It’s balmy tonight,” she says, dreamily.

“Balmy?” Rodriguez asks. “How do you spell that?”

“B-A-L-M-Y. Balmy.”

“What does it mean?”

“It means when there’s a little bit of a humidity in the air. It’s hot but not scorching. When it feels like there’s a blanket around your skin. Balmy.”

“Use it in a sentence?”

“The air was balmy and thick as we rode to the graduation ceremony.”

“See? She’s a wordsmith,” Rodriguez says admiringly. “I told you.”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d12613be4b0a39418697db1

Hottie Detector

Kimmo

Also referring to J-Lo...:poot:

2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

“Some famous singer next to me, I don’t know what her name is,”

giphy.gif

Hottie Detector

Regina George

Did we really think he's intellectual? :huntyga: I didn't.. don't know about you..

The Child

Nothing offensive here lol.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

To be honest A Rod himself is a mixed Latino who clearly has some indigenous and black in him. Also depending on where he was raised and grew up, race and identifying ppl by race isn't seen as such a big thing or a bad thing. Of course you'd expect that with time and all his success and fame he would take some time to be more eloquent but some ppl truly never change and I guess he is one of them...Not an excuse by the way just an observation.

sipthistea
21 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Also referring to J-Lo...:poot:

giphy.gif

What a way to shade his own fiancé 

AlexanderMagno

But how would you describe Idris Elba if you didn't know his name? :laughga: seriously, what's wrong about calling him "the black guy from The Wire"? Are we pretending people aren't black or white or any other colour they present I guess?

Smother Em Eh

Why do people even pay attention to her? I don’t get it. She’s not that great. 

To each their own I guess:smh:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

LateToCult

Not much going on upstairs. I’m sure JLo will end up making the big financial decisions from here on out.  :poot:

The Child
4 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Why do people even pay attention to her? I don’t get it. She’s not that great. 

To each their own I guess:smh:

Who is her?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived