đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga not influenced by Madonna

Nino

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

It's not solely about the songs and how they sound. It's more the fact that she has been inspired fashion and image wise. Like in a lot of Gaga's outfits you can feel the reminiscence of Madonna's Con Bra.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McYves

Oh please of course she's influenced by M. Stop this!

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

beaublue
7 hours ago, Nino said:

we- 

I'm a huge madonna fan, I just don't think the music that Gaga herself makes has anything to do with Madonna. This comment reeks of insecurity. Embarrassed for u.

You're right about that at least lol her music has nothing to do with Madonna.

Guillaume Hamon

Any new provocative blonde popstar was sure to be called the "new madonna". Even in her Just dance era when she had done nothing "madonnesque" yet she was already compared to madonna just over that lmao. ;)

Now G clearly referenced M a few times and said herself that she was "one of the most influential artist for (her)" back in 2008 so she was honest about who influenced from the get-go.

The thing is people acted like if G was referencing M 24/7 when she wasn't and also forgot that M had 25 years to try everything so OF COURSE G was about to do thing with folks yelling "nothing new, M was doing that in...".The ones yelling that also forgot that there were nearly always people doing those things before M herself did. :lmao:

VOLANTIS

Well Gaga did thank Madonna by name in her album so there’s like actual proof Gaga has been inspired by Madonna. We Gaga stans don’t have to feel so defensive about it though. Madonna has played a huge role in fashioning what we now know as pop music so just take that as how ever you like but let’s not pretend Gaga isn’t pop music just to separate her from Madonna. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Guillaume Hamon
44 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Like in a lot of Gaga's outfits you can feel the reminiscence of Madonna's Con Bra.

True but M's conic bras were called bullet bra in the 40's and seen on every pin up. Gaga did take influence from M but it was rarely M stuffs in the first place. :) 

Oriane

Yes, I've never understood this Madonna obsession... Just because she's a popstar and used sex in her visuals. I see a lot more influences from Queen, David Bowie, Elton John, and rock stars in general...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

I totally understand why Grace Jones was pissed at Gaga.

Honestly Jones had around 6 or 7 hits and most were covers ore re-works of other artist tracks so I don't see why she would be pissed at gaga for taking from her looks to build her own style since she did that with music.

It wasn't just music btw, Jones re-made Marlene Dietrich or Bowie photo-shoots too. They all borrowed from others to make their own thing when we look at it and that's 100% okay.

Didymus
45 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Yes, I've never understood this Madonna obsession... Just because she's a popstar and used sex in her visuals. I see a lot more influences from Queen, David Bowie, Elton John, and rock stars in general...

How are there more Queen references than Madonna ones? :koons:

She literally dressed up as Madonna with an elongated shoulder pad 80s jacket tributing both Bowie and Jackson to open the Monster Ball. Her message was obvious: she's a hybrid and Madonna is part of her superstar DNA, as she had no problem admitting until 2011.

lady_gaga_is_copy_paste_08.jpg

She barely referenced Queen in her whole career.

Lord Temptation

Madonna was inspired by the pin up girls and bombshells from the midcentury (30s 40s 50s 60s).

Gaga was inspired by avant-garde rebels of the late 20th century: Warhol, Grace Jones, Bowie, Prince, Mercury, Bjork.

Probably the only thing about Madonna that influenced Gaga was her determinism. Other than that, they are two totally different artists.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Madonna was inspired by the pin up girls and bombshells from the midcentury (30s 40s 50s 60s).

Gaga was inspired by avant-garde rebels of the late 20th century: Warhol, Grace Jones, Bowie, Prince, Mercury, Bjork.

Probably the only thing about Madonna that influenced Gaga was her determinism. Other than that, they are two totally different artists. 

Then how the **** do you explain Gaga listing Madonna as part of her biggest inspirations alongside Bowie all throughout her first years? :madge:

Some of you do the most to deny the obvious even when Gaga hands it to you on a silver plate.

Oriane
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

How are there more Queen references than Madonna ones? :koons:

I wouldn't say the references itself but her whole behavior and artistry. I don't know how to explain it but when I see Freddie Mercury on stage, when I hear him singing, and when I hear their music, I definitely see how Gaga was influenced by them. I don't particularly see it when I see and hear Madonna, except for the obvious references, but her musical and artistic heart is somewhere else.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Didymus
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

I wouldn't say the references itself but her whole behavior and artistry. I don't know how to explain it but when I see Freddie Mercury on stage, when I hear him singing, and when I hear their music, I definitely see how Gaga was influenced by them. I don't particularly see it when I see and hear Madonna, except for the obvious references, but her musical and artistic heart is somewhere else.

Then why is she singing pop music? :emma:

And why did she base her approach to music video's on Madonna and Michael? Why did she base her approach to touring on Madonna? :laughga: I haven't seen Freddie do choreos all night.

Lord Temptation
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Then how the **** do you explain Gaga listing Madonna as part of her biggest inspirations alongside Bowie all throughout her first years? :madge:

Some of you do the most to deny the obvious even when Gaga hands it to you on a silver plate.

She also thanked Chanel, Bowie, Prince and Warhol for being her biggest inspirations. Madonna is not the only one, nor is she the biggest. She’s just one of many artists who influenced Gaga during her early years. But one thing with Gaga is that she is a classically trained artist and so her myriad of influences and inspirations come from two very different, antithetical worlds (even if we only “saw” the avant-garde side during her 2008-2011 imperial phase). 

Gaga has always been more of a pendulum rather than a shapeshifter like Madonna.

Musicisfreedom

She is inspired by Madonna for sure. Not as much as the media acts like, but she certainly is inspired by her.

Music-wise i hear way more Bowie, than Madonna. Even KISS I can hear in her music more than Madonna. Fashion wise I see a lot of Madonna, but possibly even more Björk and Cher. I think it's more she's inspired by pop culture and especially music and fashion from the 70s and 80s. Which automatically, of course, includes Madonna. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived