💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga have histrionic personality disorder?

Oyster

Featured Posts

Oyster

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/histrionic-personality-disorder

I was studying this in my psychology class and I honestly just kept thinking of gaga. Obviously I'm not saying she does and honestly she probably doesn't but some of these descriptions sounded interesting. I'm not trying to attack her, just curious and partially interested academically. 

"According to the DSM-5, for a diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder to be given, five or more of the following symptoms must be present:

Self-centeredness, feeling uncomfortable when not the center of attention

Constantly seeking reassurance or approval

Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior

Rapidly shifting emotional states that appear shallow to others

Overly concerned with physical appearance, and using physical appearance to draw attention to self

Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details

Excessive dramatics with exaggerated displays of emotion

Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are

Is highly suggestible (easily influenced by others)"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga

List the description here so we don’t have to click the link 

this is lazydaily after all

edit: just read the description.  I think it’s safe to say that most people who seek fame and go to any extent to achieve it would have a personality like this.

♄ Kindness Police.

Maleficent
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

List the description here so we don’t have to click the link 

this is lazydaily after all

Histrionic personality disorder is characterized by constant attention-seeking, emotional overreaction, and seductive behavior. People with this condition tend to overdramatize situations, which may impair relationships and lead to depression. Yet they are highly suggestible, easily susceptible to the influence of others.

Miracle

I've always thought her as of  a Borderline because us borderlines are the most talented people on earth xo

Glamourpuss

No. It's usually the kind of people who have unstable behaviour such as Demi Lovato and Lindsay Lohan. 

I think Gaga has natural emotional responses based on what's happening in the moment, because she's the kind who wears her heart on her sleeve. 

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I've always thought her as of  a Borderline because us borderlines are the most talented people on earth xo

There's got to be more to it than that. Is that all you're basing it on?

Miracle
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

There's got to be more to it than that. Is that all you're basing it on?

it's a joke...

Diamond heart99

No. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Sassy McSass

I find it curious you said that because I remember my psychiatry professor jokingly used her as an example of this. I do think you’d have to analyze her behavior in her personal life (which we know very little about) as well to reach a diagnosis like this. 

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

G U C C I

I've always been so curious about her mentally and how she seems to function so differently then most artists. But here's the thing with her: she can literally show you one side of herself so theatrically and dramatized so well and then next give you another side that is completely different. The only constants with her are that she is always so in the moment and she wears her heart on her sleeve. She is incredibly open. So much so I think some people don't know how to handle that. 

Oyster
3 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

I've always been so curious about her mentally and how she seems to function so differently then most artists. But here's the thing with her: she can literally show you one side of herself so theatrically and dramatized so well and then next give you another side that is completely different. The only constants with her are that she is always so in the moment and she wears her heart on her sleeve. She is incredibly open. So much so I think some people don't know how to handle that. 

This is exactly what the disorder is. All emotions (happy, sad, angry, proud) are intensified and that's why i think of her

Archived