• Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
6 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Uh Despacito was only 2 years ago.

Don't remind me :saladga:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Pacify Him

gp is bored with all those other names— I am too — and it’s why he’s so successful right now. They’re al getting so dry

I’m getting on your nerves

The13thNote

I just don't get it tho. Like.... it only has 399M streams. That's alot. For like Pink. But.....like.....not for an 11 week #1. Something seems off. 

And we know millenials and gen zs aren't buying it. Like....how tf does it have this stamina with average streams and average sales? 

Sucker literally has the same amount of streams and it was #1 for a week. And OTR has been out longer than Sucker.

LOVE JUNKIE
14 hours ago, Twitter said:

No. 2 slots due to Hurricane Nas X: 

1. Post Malone - Wow
2. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
3. Shawn Mendes - If I Can’t Have You
4. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care
5. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
6. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down

Taylor and (potentially) Shawn getting blocked twice is wild. Literally ruining their entire eras with one track... ICONIC :flower:

Spoiler

also blocking out all that stale white male energy :applause:

on a three day bender

14 hours ago, River said:

I didn't listen to it yet :sharon:

Me neither. I'm sure it's crap. 

LOVE JUNKIE
53 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

I just don't get it tho. Like.... it only has 399M streams. That's alot. For like Pink. But.....like.....not for an 11 week #1. Something seems off. 

And we know millenials and gen zs aren't buying it. Like....how tf does it have this stamina with average streams and average sales? 

Sucker literally has the same amount of streams and it was #1 for a week. And OTR has been out longer than Sucker. 

Idk where you're getting your numbers but... OTR had the original track (which was released in December 2018 but didn't go #1 until April 2019) and then the remix was put out the following week which gave it 143 million streams in a single week (a record-breaking number surpassing Drake's "In My Feelings" which had significantly less with 116 mil in a week). OTR then went on to have 100 million+ streams per week for the next 8 weeks (which is insane) and it has the three highest weekly U.S. streaming totals in the history of digital music plus nine of the eleven largest overall. On top of all that, it accumulated more than twice as many Hot 100 chart points as the song in the number two position for 8 weeks which is the most of any number-one single since "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston which was 26 years ago.

on a three day bender

Nikolai Barrow

I love Old Town Road. But i'm still shocked it's been number 1 this long. 

holy scheisse

All songs that got blocked were unworthy and the riding anthem deserves this :teehee:

BrickMonster

i think it might be a good thing in the long run because it will force labels to rethink how they market music. the same old tricks didn't work so it might make for new creative release ideas in the future. 

Gracious Gaga

Actually all those other songs are not as good or iconic or impactful as OTR.  It deserves its spot.  

Whether you like it or not, OTR is THAT song.  You can’t deny it.  It is the IT song rn.

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived