💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stanning Gaga Takes Patience

Princess Stache

Featured Posts

Princess Stache

I've loved Gaga and she's been my number 1 artist for about 4 years now, but I've discovered in that time just how patient Monsters have to be when it comes to Gaga being really active/releasing music.  I started stanning after discovering her whole catalog during Cheek to Cheek/AHS era in 2015.  The lead-up to LG5 (eventually Joanne) was PAINFUL; she apparently had an era planned, but didn't ever perform the lead single as intended when Bowie died.  She scrapped all the songs with RedOne and was pretty inactive until the release of Joanne.  

We're in another dry period right now, and apparently a lot of what LG6 was originally supposed to be was also scrapped.  DJWS said he no longer has much of a hand in the production of what was said to be "ARTPOP's little sister", SOPHIE is unsure if her collab will ever see the light of day, etc.  Studio sessions have been teased as early as late 2017, and we've gotten nothing new at Enigma sadly.

I LOVE this woman and respect all the time she puts into perfecting her work, but PLEASE hurry up girl!!  I'm starving!!  The ASIB soundtrack was fantastic and is still performing amazingly, but it didn't get the treatment an album would.  It only had 2 televised performances of Shallow (which was a fantastic milestone in her career), no real music videos or a new complete persona from Gaga, and we didn't get much of a look into the music aside from Shallow.  She's not doing many public appearances right now, and I just miss our girl!  I'm honestly not a fan of the way she's touring Enigma as private corporate gigs right now, and wish she would do a little more fan-fare.  No disrespect to mother.  She doesn't owe us anything and her vision is what's important, but it can be frustrating waiting so long for what's next after being blue-balled with teasers (Pregnant with LG6).  She teased so much of BTW and ARTPOP up to release, I wish she would just give us a little more, especially when she's isolated from most of her fans stuck in Vegas.  I'm hoping LG6 or at least a single or two are out before Enigma returns (fingers crossed).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyVida

I've been stanning since 2011 and I completely agree. We do have to wait a while in most cases for Gaga to be "on" as said in her 73 Questions Vogue video. But any amount of time is worth the wait for Gaga. Right now I'm just glad there are lots of other artists releasing so they can quench my thirst for Gaga

Stream COWBOY CARTER

thatfoxyfeeling

This is honestly nothing compared to the ARTPOP era, our girl is back on top and for all we know has been busy with other projects apart from LG6. I'm thirsty for new music but I know she'll deliver when she is ready...:huntyga:

55032026.jpg

rumours

I guess I don't really get this mentality. I'd rather her take her time and release something she really likes than rush something that she doesn't feel fully represents her in the moment.

Plus, she's had a pretty consistent release schedule compared to others, and the ASIB soundtrack came out less than a year ago. Imagine being an Adele or Shania stan where one could wait years to get anything new.

FfFfFfFF

She hadn't had an entire era planned and scrapped after the Bowie tribute, it's just that she changed the direction and scrapped some songs which is to different extends happens with every album. 

Also, stanning every artist takes patience! There are always some breaks between album eras with every artist out there. The fact that we are Lady Gaga fans makes us to concentrate on Gaga more and the wait feels bigger because of this. Being a Gaga fan nowadays takes just as much patience as being a Rihanna/ Britney/ Lana etc fan. But I essentially agree with what you are saying. The wait and especially the teasing gets frustrating sometimes.

misunderstood
34 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

Now imagine fans that are here since 2008/2009 :selena: 

Hi :cryga: I wasn't on here but I've been a fan since then :messga:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

misunderstood
30 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

This is honestly nothing compared to the ARTPOP era, our girl is back on top and for all we know has been busy with other projects apart from LG6. I'm thirsty for new music but I know she'll deliver when she is ready...:huntyga:

55032026.jpg

This.

From my personal experience as a stan, as much as waiting for her sucks. It's nicer because we aren't getting teased with snippets/lyrics/all we know is who she's working with. The ARTPOP blackout SUCKED the most because we didn't even know if she was okay, we were all over the place worried about her health, ARTPOP. etc. It was more chaotic it seemed and the wait was more painful. I'm still so happy she got through that long rough patch :(

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Didymus

"I LOVE this woman and respect all the time she puts into perfecting her work, but PLEASE hurry up girl!!"

:koons:

Bolkins

I think what she needs to do is just keep quiet sometimes. For instance hyping us about RedOne for LG5 and letting her producers share so much info about LG6 so early on, like we all get things change and that's understandable but perhaps just don't share info that is still in development and subject to change. It would certainly stop fans getting sky high expectations and then being pissed off if it doesnt happen, but I think she secretly likes watching us suffer. 

Didymus

It's time to accept she sees being a pop star as a job now and has let go, probably permanently, of this idea that her career is her life.

It's a hard pill to swallow but the signs are everywhere. She once literally said she would never live in Malibu and that she would rather spend all her money on her shows. And look now. I mean, it's almost funny but yeah. She's moved on. Most of her fans are still stuck in the 2009-13 phase where she still felt like a mother figure.

It's understandable from her side. She was catapulted into fame, her label probably pushed her to create a very personal relationship with her fans (which worked), she got overly attached, worked herself to death, and then realized hey I made enough money not to do this to myself anymore and just said goodbye, and now she's patiently waiting for her hardcore stans to realize that and live their own lives.

Was it a con trick? Yes. She even referred to herself as a con artist of fame. Should she own up to that today, having abandoned nearly her whole philosophy about being a star? Probably. But she's not gonna. So you're better off just dividing your attention among more artists and expanding your horizon. Just like she did a 180, her fans will have to too.

Princess Stache
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

"I LOVE this woman and respect all the time she puts into perfecting her work, but PLEASE hurry up girl!!"

:koons:

giphy.gif

Princess Stache
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

It's time to accept she sees being a pop star as a job now and has let go, probably permanently, of this idea that her career is her life.

It's a hard pill to swallow but the signs are everywhere. She once literally said she would never live in Malibu and that she would rather spend all her money on her shows. And look now. I mean, it's almost funny but yeah. She's moved on. Most of her fans are still stuck in the 2009-13 phase where she still felt like a mother figure.

It's understandable from her side. She was catapulted into fame, her label probably pushed her to create a very personal relationship with her fans (which worked), she got overly attached, worked herself to death, and then realized hey I made enough money not to do this to myself anymore and just said goodbye, and now she's patiently waiting for her hardcore stans to realize that and live their own lives.

Was it a con trick? Yes. She even referred to herself as a con artist of fame. Should she own up to that today, having abandoned nearly her whole philosophy about being a star? Probably. But she's not gonna. So you're better off just dividing your attention among more artists and expanding your horizon. Just like she did a 180, her fans will have to too.

This is a really hot and smart take.  I like it.

giskardsb
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Not sure she sees it as “just” a job, but it’s part of the portfolio and not a singular focus. And she discovered she needed some balance to survive.  The initial social media push was 100% from Troy.  He was a genius at marketing that can’t be denied. 

Archived