Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does the GP love ENIGMA more than fans do?

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe
Just now, giskardsb said:

All of her storylines have been questionable and incohesive imo and could be done without. At least until she does her Tony winning rock opera.

Agree and AGREE. :tony:  I can't wait for her to get that Tony. 

The whole Enigma thing is so ridiculous to me. Before the first show, fans were like: "We want the teal wig", "we want DITD", "we want some kind of story like TMB", "we want more dancing", "we want the studio version of TEOG", "we want the GAGA attitude", "we want Shallow", "we want Aura"...and so on. She delivered all those things and people are still complaining. 

⚯͛

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
10 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

ENIGMA is mainly for the public, not her fans. 

Interesting observation. So why is the original poster asking this question?

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Interesting observation. So why is the original poster asking this question?

I was just asking. I already knew this was one of the reasons, but you know there can be many answers for one question. I just wanted to read other people's responses. 

Ally Campana

It’s the wig, some outfits and DITD choreo. Plus the make up and some parts of the storyline (eg. Tell me to go f*ck myself scene). 

Not my opinion, just what I’ve seen complaints about the most. I’ve loved Enigma since the show started. My only complaints are some of the outfits, specifically the green and purple one.

Does it matter? Damage is done

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, Nino said:

SO, I guess it's more of a Lady Gaga Tour 5.0 than JWT 2.0? :confused:

GUY  and MTN are the only singles in that list, and are both panned flops(justice for MTN!!), not every song on that list was actually released, and IWYL isn't even hers :awkney:  But again these songs were all abandoned after the album they're associated with and have nothing to do with the JWT? :confused: 

It's also worn for LoveGame, I don't agree that the costumes were wrong choices, but I will admit they look amazing in person and sometimes not so much on camera. They're still different costumes from the JWT though :confused: 

Was she a human airplane at the JWT? I just mainly remember her walking around the stage except for a few key numbers :confused:

TMB was a reference to The Wizard Of Oz, which Enigma is NOT. But even if it was "literally TMB with anime" Wouldn't that be TMB(one of her beloved tours) 2.0 instead of JWT 2.0? :confused: 

You literally just proved my point with the songs. We've continually heard the same ones over and over and over again. 

She "releases" the song when she releases the album. Therefore it should be fair game to play it on tour. 

I didn't say she did the human airplane on JWT. It's silly and I have no idea who told her that was a good idea. TF choreo is also questionable. 

There's no winning here, we clearly don't agree. I would just like some variety with the songs played and costumes that don't look like they are from the dollar store. I could honestly couldnt care less if there wasnt a plot (Coachella had no plot and was a great show with at least some diversity with the setlist {Venus, Sexxx Dreams, John Wayne, etc})

giskardsb
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

The whole Enigma thing is so ridiculous to me. Before the first show, fans were like: "We want the teal wig", "we want DITD", "we want some kind of story like TMB", "we want more dancing", "we want the studio version of TEOG", "we want the GAGA attitude", "we want Shallow", "we want Aura"...and so on. She delivered all those things and people are still complaining. 

If anything the enigma storyline is the most cohesive.  BTW alien storyline had potential I thought but the show was overwhelmed with the scale of everything. I enjoyed ARTPOP and JWT tours the most because they scaled back the distractions and let Gaga shine more. 

Bloody hooker

The GP loves it because they can finally see the talent that she has. All of those years of calling her crazy, weird, copycat, and reductive, they can finally see mostly everything she has done, doing, and going to do has a reason and meaning.

Some LMs hate it for multiple reasons. First, international fans feel betrayed in a sense. Having canceled tour dates, or having not seen Gaga in 7 years makes them angry and simply lash out. It seems that most of them have forgotten that she had people turn against her, went to a really dark place, and developed a serious medical condition. Second, going to Vegas is expensive as hell. No matter where in the world you are, Enigma tickets and travel is expensive. As an U.S. east coast monster, a plane ticket to Vegas is too much. For international monsters, it would cost them starting at $1,000 just for a plane ticket. 

There isn’t any legit excuses to hate on Enigma. I think everyone is just annoyed of waiting for new solo Gaga music (ASIB doesn’t count :bon:), so they blame Enigma and call it JWT 2.0.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

SKANK

She is a "pop" star, so people will always use her "popularity" with the GP to place value on her work. The press, fans, and the public use it to measure the sucess of her projects. But not all fans care about that.

If you feel validated that the same "General Public" that loves Old Town Road, Love Island, and Big Macs also enjoys your favorite singer's latest creative venture, god bless. For some of us, that kind of validation doesn't speak to the quality of her work. 

This site gets so touchy when it comes to other people's opinions. :toofunny:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

If anything the enigma storyline is the most cohesive.  BTW alien storyline had potential I thought but the show was overwhelmed with the scale of everything. I enjoyed ARTPOP and JWT tours the most because they scaled back the distractions and let Gaga shine more. 

I actually agree with you. If you really look at Enigma, it makes a lot more sense than people give her credit for. I just like that each of her shows is unique and has such an energy of the recent album. I think Enigma has all of them. Like her performance/energy reflects the era of the songs and that stage in her life. You can feel her pulling you into BTW during the robot segment etc. Its like being taken back in time. 

⚯͛

Madame Goo Goo

My only issue with Enigma is the fact that she only included 2 songs she's released in the past 5 years. Other than that, I absolutely love everything else about Enigma. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

giskardsb
9 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I actually agree with you. If you really look at Enigma, it makes a lot more sense than people give her credit for. I just like that each of her shows is unique and has such an energy of the recent album. I think Enigma has all of them. Like her performance/energy reflects the era of the songs and that stage in her life. You can feel her pulling you into BTW during the robot segment etc. Its like being taken back in time. 

Yeah I think she does channel each Era.  And I think Enigma is a nice blend of hits and fan favorite deep cuts.   "the Gp" won't know half that stuff so it's a little silly to claim it's all to serve the non-fan  imo. 

I don't buy the "Enigma is less creative" aspect so much either. TMB was a great set based on NY and some cool staging, but also a kinda silly gigantic anglerfish and barely there storyline.  Yet people think the discostick was a creative height.  BTW had some great moments and costumes but an overwhelming set and a giant inflatable roast turkey, er, pregnant body.  Enigma gets blasted because costumes and wigs don't match some pop star ideal, but imo the entire package works in context very well as a whole. 

I can point out stuff I didn't like or thought was silly in every show. But those things don't define the shows for me, they are noise in the signal of the great stuff, which simply for me is being able to experience Gaga performing.  She is why I'm there, not all that other stuff.  I guess I just don't get people being distracted by all the "noise" and losing sight of Gaga herself. 

Bradley
35 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

THANK YOU.

Now that you have pointed out this hypocrisy, I feel like they are only making these comments because it is situated in Las Vegas permanently.

If this very same show was brought to international markets, the fans wouldn't complain at all even if Gaga didn't change a single thing.

In short, the fans are letting the venue affect their opinions when the quality of the show should be determined by what you see inside, not where it is performed.

giskardsb
18 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

My only issue with Enigma is the fact that she only included 2 songs she's released in the past 5 years. Other than that, I absolutely love everything else about Enigma. 

I do agree with that. Justice for Mjh and Jw. 

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Me too. As someone who think Enigma is potentially her BEST show, I do think that the only thing you can complain is the fact that ARTPOP and Joanne were less represented. Maybe A Star Is Born too but I have a feeling she wants to keep Always Remember Us This Way for later to campaign for the Grammys.

Archived