Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why does the GP love ENIGMA more than fans do?

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

The13thNote

Damn. People are fuggin pressed in this forum tonight for some reason. 

Don't y'all understand this is Gaga saying goodbye to the beginning of her career?

The second decade is about to deliver some wildnew ****. 

#YouNeedToCalmDown

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ydnmnme
39 minutes ago, LaLa said:

The GP like Enigma because it is a fun, high energy, entertaining show. Gaga serves vocals and is engaging to the audience. 

My theory about fans is that the ones complaining about Enigma aren’t really complaining about Enigma. They are complaining because we’re in a blackout period basically and people are restless. When we hardly see her for months and then we do see her and she’s “just” doing Enigma, something we’re very familiar with by now, people get grumpy. It could literally be any show and people would complain.

It’s like the Born This Way Foundation. I’m sure if asked independently of anything 99.9% of fans would say they are so proud of the work Gaga does, happy she does it etc. But when she hasn’t tweeted for 3 months and then tweets about the BTWF suddenly fans are all “omg fu*king BTWF lol who cares”. 

I hate to say it but I think if she can was constantly posting Vegas selfies and giving interviews about the show and serving NYC-style looks all over town a lot of people would suddenly have less problems with Enigma. 

Thank you! That’s exactly what happens in my head! Couldn’t say it better.

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

2School4Cool

I personally feel that some people within the fan base expect too much from her. This is a GAGA show. The setlist, the outfits, the choreography, the stage, the storyline, it’s all as Gaga as it gets, so I personally don’t get how any fan could be let down by this show. I’m not saying people can’t have their opinions, I just personally don’t see how this show could be a let down. 

See The Best In Everyone

BlingNotTheMusic
19 minutes ago, Nino said:

Tell me what about her new show with an entirely different setlist, stage, new choreo, COMPLETELY different backdrops, a plot,  new costumes, and different musical arrangements where she only sings 1 song from Joanne screams jwt 2.0. Enlighten a mindless gaga worshipper who lacks the mental capacity to understand why the show sucks :oprah: 

See my post above. But during both JWT and Enigma we heard:

Just Dance

Pokerface

Lovegame 

Telephone

Alejandro

Born This Way

Sheiße

Applause

Paparazzi

Edge of Glory

Million Reasons

Bad Romance

12 of the same songs. So over half of the show is songs we saw at her last tour. I'm not saying she should scrap them all. But shorten JD, PF, BR, etc and play Heavy Metal Lover, Marry The Night, Hair, The Queen, Swine, Venus, GUY, Fashion!, Gypsy, Donatella, Electric Chapel, Vanity, I mean she has SO MANY OTHER SONGS. Hell, maybe even do, idk, I Want Your Love. The sis has options...

Stage and lights are impressive

Costumes are....a choice. The only memorable one imo is the opening one which she wears for Just Dance and Poker Face. 

The "new choreo"....two words, human airplane :huntyga:

The plot is literally TMB but with anime...

EDIT: I also really like the outfit she wears when she's on the robot. That was a slay. 

giskardsb

because hardcore fans judge everything by what has already been, and they expect Gaga to keep them interested in a show by changing things up because they have seen it 20 times on youtube.

The GP sees things with fresh eyes and without as many preconceptions.   And the GP is likely to take in the whole experience, rather than nitpicking details.

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few." - Zen Master Suzuki.

Experience Gaga every time as if it was the first, and you will enjoy her much more.   Judge her with an "expert fans" mind, and you will see only deviations from your vision of perfection.

2School4Cool
1 minute ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

12 of the same songs. So over half of the show is songs we saw at her last tour.

No disrespect, you’re entitled to your opinion, but to be fair you could say the same about any other artist. Artists play the hits, that’s just what they do. They need to play the songs people know. The rest of the show is full of old deep cuts I honestly doubted she’d ever perform live again. 

See The Best In Everyone

giskardsb
1 minute ago, 2School4Cool said:

No disrespect, you’re entitled to your opinion, but to be fair you could say the same about any other artist. Artists play the hits, that’s just what they do. They need to play the songs people know. The rest of the show is full of old deep cuts I honestly doubted she’d ever perform live again. 

justice for "I like it Rough" tho.

GypsyBabe

1. Fans are bitter that she is stuck in Vegas and not traveling and need to justify not being able to go. 

2. Fans watch crappy twitter videos and expect to get the whole energy of the show. 

Monsters legit complain about everything. When JWT came out, fans were TRASHING it as unimaginative and basic and so inferior to her previous tours. Now I see tweets every day praising it with things like "We didn't know how good we had it" "take me back to JWT" "we were robbed of a professional recording of this masterpiece".... The same will happen for Enigma. 

I also think that its unfair to complain about the storyline while simultaneously praising TMB 2.0...I mean really :selena:

But opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. 

⚯͛

2School4Cool
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

justice for "I like it Rough" tho.

Okay I would love to hear that live

8 ball bold move GIF by White Castle

See The Best In Everyone

KatieJudasGaga4
3 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Just Dance

Pokerface

Lovegame 

Telephone

Alejandro

Born This Way

Applause

Paparazzi

Edge of Glory

Million Reasons

Bad Romance

The description for ENIGMA literally says performing her biggest hits and the ones you listed above are her biggest ones. "a brand-new odyssey of her pop hits built as an experience unlike any other in Las Vegas,". Of course she would add in a few fan faves like Scheisse, Government Hooker and BDR, but people should've known its mainly going to have her biggest hits. ENIGMA is mainly for the public, not her fans. 

Diamond heart99

Because the GP has more taste than you give them credit for. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

4 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Just Dance - Also heard on all her tours since it was released

Pokerface - Also heard on all her tours since it was released

Lovegame  - Also heard on all her tours since it was released

Telephone - Also heard on all her tours since  it was released

Alejandro - Also heard on all her tours since it was released

Born This Way - Also heard on all her tours since  it was released

Sheiße - Also heard on all her tours since it was released, except artrave

Applause - Also performed at all her tours since it was released

Paparazzi  - Also performed at all her tours since it was released

Edge of Glory - Also performed at all her tours since it was released, except artRAVE(where it was performed, but only in part)

Million Reasons - Literally from 2 albums ago

Bad Romance - Also heard on all her tours since it was released

SO, I guess it's more of a Lady Gaga Tour 5.0 than JWT 2.0? :confused:

9 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

play Heavy Metal Lover, Marry The Night, Hair, The Queen, Swine, Venus, GUY, Fashion!, Gypsy, Donatella, Electric Chapel, Vanity, I mean she has SO MANY OTHER SONGS. Hell, maybe even do, idk, I Want Your Love. The sis has options...

GUY  and MTN are the only singles in that list, and are both panned flops(justice for MTN!!), not every song on that list was actually released, and IWYL isn't even hers :awkney:  But again these songs were all abandoned after the album they're associated with and have nothing to do with the JWT? :confused: 

11 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Costumes are....a choice. The only memorable one imo is the opening one which she wears for Just Dance and Poker Face. 

It's also worn for LoveGame, I don't agree that the costumes were wrong choices, but I will admit they look amazing in person and sometimes not so much on camera. They're still different costumes from the JWT though :confused: 

12 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

The "new choreo"....two words, human airplane :huntyga:

Was she a human airplane at the JWT? I just mainly remember her walking around the stage except for a few key numbers :confused:

14 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

The plot is literally TMB but with anime...

TMB was a reference to The Wizard Of Oz, which Enigma is NOT. But even if it was "literally TMB with anime" Wouldn't that be TMB(one of her beloved tours) 2.0 instead of JWT 2.0? :confused: 

GypsyBabe
53 minutes ago, Saeed said:

I actually love it because its the first show to have Gaga singing Shallow live  :heart:

I went opening night and I heard it live the very first time she played it...still shook :giveup:

⚯͛

giskardsb
10 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I also think that its unfair to complain about the storyline while simultaneously praising TMB 2.0...I mean really 

All of her storylines have been unnecessary and incohesive imo and could be done without. At least until she does her Tony winning rock opera.

Diamond heart99
11 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

1. Fans are bitter that she is stuck in Vegas and not traveling and need to justify not being able to go. 

2. Fans watch crappy twitter videos and expect to get the whole energy of the show. 

Monsters legit complain about everything. When JWT came out, fans were TRASHING it as unimaginative and basic and so inferior to her previous tours. Now I see tweets every day praising it with things like "We didn't know how good we had it" "take me back to JWT" "we were robbed of a professional recording of this masterpiece".... The same will happen for Enigma. 

I also think that its unfair to complain about the storyline while simultaneously praising TMB 2.0...I mean really :selena:

But opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. 

giphy.gif

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Archived