đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Everybody Loves Enigma: Why?

Nino

Featured Posts

Didymus
46 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Well, that's being a fan vs being a critic.   We always give people we like a larger margin of error, or the benefit of the doubt.   Critics are supposed to be "objective" irrespective of their fan status.   Critics are not necessarily better than fans, or vice versa, but if fans are able to enjoy an artists work, in spite of problems they could find if they switched into "critic" mode, then I'd say they have an advantage over the critics in real life, because they get to enjoy something critics don't, even if the critic thinks their standards are "low."  Sometimes high standards and critic thinking mean that your critic voice overwhelmed your fan voice and doesn't even allow you to enjoy the parts of the show you like.

Where that becomes a mess in particular is in Stan-world, where fans become harsh critics of other artists and can't see their own hypocrisy.  One of many reasons not to participate in Stan-wars, as it essentially automatically makes one a hypocrite.  When Gaga announced Vegas, many a Stan was caught by their own "has been" criticisms of other artists that had Vegas residencies.   I actually find it satisfying that Gaga Stans were bitten by their own Stan-war rhetoric.   I'm convinced 75% of the anti-Enigma, anti-Vegas hate stems simply from Stans caught in their own bullets.  

I got nothing :emma: Great reply.

You're probably right. I do enter critic mode a ton and even though I can actually distinguish that from just enjoying something for what it is, I don't often express that verbally. And that probably makes me not look like a fan sometimes.

Anyway thanks for not biting my head off.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ElectricKing

It encapsulates her entire career up until now, especially when you consider the Jazz show too. You get a little bit of every album, you get the traditional lady gaga speeches, the 'weird' stuff as the GP would label it and her time at the piano.

There's something in the show for everyone. It's perfect for the GP really and a good way to get them on board before LG6!

I think when people complain about the fact the song arrangements are the same, as a fan I understand totally. But because this show is for everyone, she can't really change the songs up because this is a residency, not a tour. The demographics for this are quite different to her tours so she can't change the songs up too much or no one will recognise them! Think of it this way - if you were a casual fan of someone, would you want them to perform their hits the way you heard them or remix them so much you don't even recognise them? Gaga got rave reviews for artRAVE but the main complaint was she didn't perform enough of her hits, I remember reading someone complained about the fact she did a 30 second acapella of TEOG. I was there to hear ARTPOP, casual fans/GP were there to see the hits.

OpenHeartedMonster

Because Gaga seems to enjoy the show herself which I think is the most important thing!

Of course she's also a great vocalist and can dance well, too. I personally really like when artists dance when performing. The energy in the show seems amazing (even though I'm one of those who has only seen videos so far but am trying to get myself there) and to see her doing the thing she's best at and seemingly puts all her heart to it is incredible!

I think most people who have seen Enigma live (or only videos which I think can give a little taste of the live experience) can identify am I right?

OpenHeartedMonster
7 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

Think of it this way - if you were a casual fan of someone, would you want them to perform their hits the way you heard them or remix them so much you don't even recognise them?

This! And also for GP it's more enjoyable when they can actually recognize the songs and that can be one thing that initially got them to buy tickets and see the show

giskardsb
31 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Any way thanks for not biting my head off.

I try not to do that but am not always successful.  When I find myself sniping personally at people it usually means time for a GGD vacation. 

Didymus
23 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

The demographics for this are quite different to her tours so she can't change the songs up too much or no one will recognise them!

Sure they will... why wouldn't the melody be enough? :shrug:

Audiences have no problem with rearrangements as long as artists don't do it with like one of the more recent hits, and if it's well done and adds something. Like, she'd be an idiot if she did it with Shallow but why couldn't she reimagine PF? Are people still that hungry to jump to that same arrangement? I think they'd appreciate a new jacket, actually :ohwell:

Remember how crazy audiences went with that LoveGame remix during TFB? Yes, he public comes to see her hits, but not necessarily in the exact same form as they're used to :huh: 

ElectricKing
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Sure they will... why wouldn't the melody be enough? :shrug:

Audiences have no problem with rearrangements as long as artists don't do it with like one of the more recent hits, and if it's well done and adds something. Like, she'd be an idiot if she did it with Shallow but why couldn't she reimagine PF? Are people still that hungry to jump to that same arrangement? I think they'd appreciate a new jacket, actually :ohwell:

Remember how crazy audiences went with that LoveGame remix during TFB? Yes, he public comes to see her hits, but not necessarily in the exact same form as they're used to :huh: 

I do agree with you there, but LoveGame transitioned into that remix rather than replaced the original mix. Plus Gaga was the biggest star on the planet at that time, some people only just wanted to see Gaga to say 'I've seen Lady Gaga'. She's in a different point in her career now and those hits are much older, TF and TFM were released within one year in most countries so she could afford to change certain arrangements (even though most were the same), because they were fresh.

brucee

because Gaga on a stage is something so great and powerful wether she makes a MB 4.8 or jazz of just piano live.

Because we acknowledged the fact that it's good for her and her health, and for her own history. And finally because it's a good show. 

None of us would say no to free tickets. 

hello hello baby.

GagaUnderYou
On 6/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, PinkPop said:

It encapsulates her entire career up until now, especially when you consider the Jazz show too. You get a little bit of every album, you get the traditional lady gaga speeches, the 'weird' stuff as the GP would label it and her time at the piano.

There's something in the show for everyone. It's perfect for the GP really and a good way to get them on board before LG6!

I think when people complain about the fact the song arrangements are the same, as a fan I understand totally. But because this show is for everyone, she can't really change the songs up because this is a residency, not a tour. The demographics for this are quite different to her tours so she can't change the songs up too much or no one will recognise them! Think of it this way - if you were a casual fan of someone, would you want them to perform their hits the way you heard them or remix them so much you don't even recognise them? Gaga got rave reviews for artRAVE but the main complaint was she didn't perform enough of her hits, I remember reading someone complained about the fact she did a 30 second acapella of TEOG. I was there to hear ARTPOP, casual fans/GP were there to see the hits.

When an artist tours for an album, it's to promote that album. This is not new and Gaga shouldn't have to only be playing her hits. It's the fan's job to listen and prepare to hear the album live and the in between hits are the gems. Enigma is great because it mainly comprises her hit songs, even the "fan faves" are pretty popular minus Government Hooker. 

Gagadonna

Because it's a bad show and people have bad tastes :coffee:

JK. Because it captures the very essence that made Gaga big back in 2010, and because she's hot right now in the public eye. 

ElectricKing
9 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

When an artist tours for an album, it's to promote that album. This is not new and Gaga shouldn't have to only be playing her hits. It's the fan's job to listen and prepare to hear the album live and the in between hits are the gems. Enigma is great because it mainly comprises her hit songs, even the "fan faves" are pretty popular minus Government Hooker. 

That is not the goal of a Las Vegas residency. 

GagaUnderYou
On 6/29/2019 at 7:30 AM, PinkPop said:

That is not the goal of a Las Vegas residency. 

The goal of the residency is for her to generate tourism in Las Vegas. 

This was also seen as a healthier alternative for Gaga as a performer with a condition that affects her career while still turning a high profit. 

ElectricKing
3 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

The goal of the residency is for her to generate tourism in Las Vegas. 

This was also seen as a healthier alternative for Gaga as a performer with a condition that affects her career while still turning a high profit. 

Yes and she will do that by performing her hits, not a new album. 

GagaUnderYou
2 hours ago, PinkPop said:

Yes and she will do that by performing her hits, not a new album. 

Sorry, that’s what I meant. I don’t agree with her promoting a new album in Vegas but it’s possible. Britney did so as well. 

Archived