Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling shows her alleged transphobia again

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, affection said:

where is the argument ? are you trying to imply that men can't be feminists ? can't have an opinion on feminist and trans-topics ?

excuse me wow GIF by Mashable

No, I never said that. I am a man myself and I am a feminist. What I really meant to say is that a trans woman can never be a part of feminism (and represent feminism) because they have experienced and benefitted from some degree of male privilege. Usually a whole lot.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dollardays
7 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

No, I never said that. I am a man myself and I am a feminist. What I really meant to say is that a trans woman can never be a part of feminism (and represent feminism) because they have experienced and benefitted from some degree of male privilege. Usually a whole lot.

So you are a man, haven't you "beneffited from male privilege"? 

And since when benefiting from privilege takes away your right to be a feminist or fight for human rights? Wth

5 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

You are contradicting yourself. How can you be feminist but a trans-woman can't be ? Why is there a need to undermine the struggle of trans women in order to highlight the issues of biological women ? Isn't that transgression instead of progressing together and fighting various forms of sexism together ? I don't understand why it can't exist simultaneously in some people's eyes. Is every biological women's struggle the same ? Not in any way. There might be women arguing, that the never experienced sexism. Does that mean they shouldn't stand up for women who have ?

LetsGetHigh
53 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

The amount of effort you put into protecting her honestly... JK Rowling isn't an untouchable god-like being.

Two posts is a huge amount of effort to you? :fail:

elijahfan
1 hour ago, uo111 said:

She has clearly not made her opinion on transgender rights clear.

Unless she has, and I have missed it? Do you have quotes showing her thoughts on transgender rights?

Innocent until proven guilty is the expression, right? Can we not delve into character assassination before we get something more consistent than an obscure follow on Twitter?

Pacify Him
57 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Two posts is a huge amount of effort to you? :fail:

:laughga:

Spoiler

What is in your first post is what I'm talking about, hun, but go off :laughga::laughga:

I’m getting on your nerves

uo111
4 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Innocent until proven guilty is the expression, right? Can we not delve into character assassination before we get something more consistent than an obscure follow on Twitter?

In the court of law, yes. That really isn't relevant here.

And it's actually pretty consistent and also... not that obscure. A quick google search can find a lot of things about it, from way further back than today. This twitter thread shows a lot.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, uo111 said:

In the court of law, yes. That really isn't relevant here.

And it's actually pretty consistent and also... not that obscure. A quick google search can find a lot of things about it, from way further back than today. This twitter thread shows a lot.

Didn't it occur to you that she might have followed this person to better clock her in private?

Still took a look at the thread you sent, and saw that among others, she was being criticized for following Graham Linehan - well, I actually follow Graham Linehan too because I enjoyed his TV show The IT Crowd. Am I responsible of some of the things he might have said, or tweeted? I certainly hope not, as I'm currently unaware of Graham Linehan being problematic, but apparently me following him makes me a terrible person according to this thread.

This goes to show you that a person isn't responsible of the things others write on the internet - following someone doesn't mean you agree, or are even aware, of everything this person thinks, thank God for that. What is it you’re trying to say? That she led a double life for decades and is only now revealing her true nature through calculated Twitter follows? Sounds realistic enough for you?

So until she actually tweets something problematic herself, you guys have fun with your little character assassination crusade.

Guest Adarsh
8 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Says a man who has enjoyed the benefits of male privilege all of his life. 

I’m a gay person of color who has been bullied for being “too effeminate” and “too skinny” right from the time I was 3 years old. I live in a homophobic third world country where it’s impossible for me to even kiss my boyfriend without the constant fear of being beat up on the streets. Where random people on the street laugh at my ‘flashy’ outfits everyday. 

Isnt it convenient to pass judgement over an anonymous internet profile! 

BUtterfield 8
Just now, Adarsh said:

I’m a gay person of color who has been bullied for being “too effeminate” and “too skinny” right from the time I was 3 years old. 

Isnt it convenient to pass judgement over an anonymous internet profile! 

DRAG THEM

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, Rainbow1 said:

DRAG THEM

I really don’t want to fight with people, but it’s so annoying tbh. And my comment was not even directed towards JK Rowling, I was talking about the transphobic ‘feminist’ she follows on twitter. 

Ronald Allen

Transphobia is not cool and I dont remember when it was hip to be gay and called an abomination /or hated by republicans.:fthis:

spread love ,respect,compassion AMEN!!!!

PlanetChromatica

I have my racist and bigoted Grandmother-in-law on Facebook, does that mean I agree with her views? NO.

This is literally such a stupid thing and so over-dramatic. The woman she follows could be someone she knows personally or has met and followed her on twitter innocently, JK is a known feminist, so obviously follows and connects with many different feminists and they all have slightly different views of what feminism is about. People need to see the bigger picture and not jump to conclusions, (such as, oh she follows this person so she must also be trans-phobic!).

Everyone has different opinions and views, even within groups that have over arching views such as feminism. Take Christianity for example, there are many different Christians with different views of what it means to be Christian and most priests or practicers will mingle or know other Christians from over churches that have different views but that does not mean they agree with each others views entirely.

I'm so tired of cancel culture, no one is perfect, people make mistakes or do things without realising it may hurt someone later on or look like a hidden motive. There is also the fact that this subject has become such a mine-field, there are so many different terms, labels and things you should or should not say it is very hard to keep up...

Didymus
13 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

I don't understand how such an inaccurate source has still not caused this thread to be closed when GGD strives to be very accurate when it comes world/entertainment news (cc: @Haroon @PartySick @HausOfMark; sorry for the tags, but i'm sure reports have been made and I will make sure to send one right now).

Why isn't it accurate? :air: There's links to multiple Twitter instances that link Rowling to transphobia wtf. Just because you don't like the content doesn't make it an inaccurate source...

Didymus
6 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

This is literally such a stupid thing and so over-dramatic. The woman she follows could be someone she knows personally or has met and followed her on twitter innocently

Again, people, read the article [or read my post below]

I mean, ok, I get that the cancel culture thing is annoying but just as you blame other people for being too quick to judge, maybe you're too quick to post your own opinion without even reading what the **** the conversation is about :air:

Archived