💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Fans, Gaga, and the Apollo

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Can some fans stop dragging Gaga so d*mn hard all the time? I've already seen people sharpening their claws even though the Apollo show hasn't even started. I agree that jazz and piano is probably more suited to a historic, smaller theater but Guns N Roses and U2 have performed at the Apollo. Engima isn't going to be weirder, or more "wrong," than a Guns N Roses show.

I'm not saying Gaga is above criticism—I've dragged her myself at times—but some of y'all are going way too far. It just feels like some are determined to see the "worst" in Gaga. The Brian thing is a prime example. His show is described as "after dark cabaret" and he regularly kisses a burlesque dancer during his show for a sketch. However, some of y'all were acting like he was uncomfortable and Gaga was on the verge of sexually harassing him. Another example is "she's dragging the audience/cursing them out" when it's part of the Enigma concert banter. Context matters, but people disregard the context or make an awkward situation even more awkward.

It's far worse on social media (and I know some of y'all have big fan accounts), because some of the out of context or just plain incorrect sh*t is picked up by the tabloids. That's what happened with the Brian thing and Gaga going "be kind or f*ck off," I even saw a lot of fan tweets used in an article about Brian. And sure, you can say Gaga should know better about how things can be taken out of context—but I honestly can't think of another fan base that is so eager to tear down the person they "stan" or doesn't use common sense and realize something can be taken out of context/or is out of context and will get Gaga dragged.

Most fan bases are protective, h*ll actually way too protective. Even if you think Gaga's done wrong (I know a lot still felt the Brian thing was wrong), unless it's Chris Brown level wrong I don't understand trying to "expose" her on social media—she's a decent person who has provided us entertainment throughout the years and so we should give her some basic respect.

Anyway, rant over and I'm sure I'll get dragged for this but it is what it is.

With the Brian thing, she's done this with her Dancers since literally the Fame Ball. Before that she was grinding on Starlight. It baffles me that the new wave of fans from ARTPOP-now think it's unnacceptable.

Same with her concert banner. Sis has basically always treated her audiences like garbage, the things she used to call us would get her "cancelled" in an instant today :air:. She's a ROCK STAR for christs sake

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, Nino said:

With the Brian thing, she's done this with her Dancers since literally the Fame Ball. Before that she was grinding on Starlight. It baffles me that the new wave of fans from ARTPOP-now think it's unnacceptable.

Same with her concert banner. Sis has basically always treated her audiences like garbage, the things she used to call us would get her "cancelled" in an instant today :air:. She's a ROCK STAR for christs sake

Exactly, if anything she's toned it down. She knows calling the audience a bunch of wh*res  isn't going to fly in 2019, the age of social media. It's just annoying seeing some fans taking her concert banter or her sketches or antics way out of context, or seeing the "worst" in it.

Bonkers

I hope you get thru to at least one little psycho out there.  

BTW, I picked out an avatar for you:

2014-04-02-gaga-thumb.jpg

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Delusional Aura

We went through a period of about 3-4 years of Gaga being overly SERIOUS. So when she is being all 'crazy' now, fans thinks she's serious. Don't hate on the fans. 

GypsyBabe

People have just forgotten who they are stanning. Typical monsters complaining that they want Crazy-Ga back and when she comes back they get salty. You can't make fickle people happy. :smh:

⚯͛

andy232000

Ya’ll take things way too seriously sometimes. I rarely comment anymore cause I don't feel like exhausting myself with either side

Archived