Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Twitter is debating if Michael Kors is 'tacky' or 'luxury'

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ElectricKing

it became tacky as soon as every single woman started to wear their handbags

Lextyr97

Meanwhile I still walk around proudly in shirts I paid less than $10 for. Smh so materialistic

Delusional

THIS HONESTLY BOTHERS ME SO MUCH. When people talk about brands like this, it offends so many people. Like your basically saying the £400 bag I bought my mother for Christmas is garbage. They are at many different price points, just like Ralph Lauren, Versace etc! This was even basically shown on gossip girl how brands release cheaper lines of clothing and handbags.

Edit: I was also at a Michael Kors store the other day and the first handbag was there and it was superb quality, and looked even better in real life. I guess in the UK we just don’t have the cheap option? 

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

VoldeLorde2

I don't get the point of "this is tacky" or "that looks poor" or "that looks rich". It seems pointless to me. Let people buy what they want to buy, because they wouldn't have bought it if they didn't like it. 

LateToCult

“Couldn’t get Michael Kors if you were f*cking Michael Kors.” - Micky Minach

Zander

Luxury isn’t necessarily how much something costs. I think that term is quite subjective... 

I do think MK is quite a tacky brand aesthetically and I don’t think it helps that it’s commonly sold discounted either because when something becomes more accessible the brand loses its sense of desirability and “designer” status.

It's more accessible than other brands but that doesn't make it tacky. It's only tacky if you use it for status because compared to other brands it doesn't have much value. (And because most of it is ugly lol)

Regina George

People are literally being raped and killed in some countries right as you read this but twitter is talking about Michael Kors bags and arguing about them being cheap (or not). Sad. I think internet should be luxury because people who have access to it are too rural. 

LordEnigma

There are actual things to worry about in this world and people still fight over brands that only want to make money off of you :ladyhaha:

Fashion/Style is a fun way to express yourself but just because you have a certain brand doesn't mean you are any better than me. I proudly buy cheap and rarely shop. It feels better tO save money and be sustainable with fashion.

HoneyB

Honestly who gives a flying f**k what brand you wear, clothes are meant to cover your naked body and to express your style why would you shame someone based on how much they spend money on clothes? Not to mention, that the stuff luxury brands design look like literal garbage, and are wayyy overpriced for what it is that’s clown tingz:creepflop:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

JazzGa

Things can be both. Controversial opinion on this website, but Versace has a reputation of being luxury and tacky at the same time. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

jacs vs looser

Affordable does not equal tacky.
Unattainable does not equal tasteful.

People get so caught up in their struggle to reflect a high status on their social media that they only care about how a product reflects on them and not how good or bad the product is in itself.

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Things can be both. Controversial opinion on this website, but Versace has a reputation of being luxury and tacky at the same time. 

I don't think that's a controversial opinion at all :ladyhaha:

Honestly this is how I explain the idea of camp to the str8s

Archived