Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Child's Play (2019) Discussion Thread

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

unnamed-1-5-768x576.jpg

Although I'm a huge horror fan, I was not entirely excited about this reboot. But after hearing that critics fans and critics were giving the movie  positive reception, I had to go watch it. I saw it last night and it was a really good and fun horror movie.  It was funny, campy, scary, and a little gory. Mark Hamill did a great job. Audrey Plaza was great. Chucky is ugly as hell but you get used to it as the movie progresses.

I never really enjoyed the Chucky movie franchise except the original Child's Play 1 and 2.

What are your guys' thoughts?

KleinGa

i was super excited for it but this sucked so hard omg. I watched it last night.

Im a huge fan of Chucky and the fact that they removed the supernatural element from it annoyed me. They also changed the entire character "Chucky" - his dialogue used to be snarky, overly sexual and profane and they just made him into a robot? kinda stupid.

It was funny but didn't do the chucky franchise justice. 

XxBones

I really want to see it! I was very shocked by the good reviews. As soon as they announced it and had trailers I just viewed it as a cheap remake without any of the original people. Why remake it when it already exists? I am wondering how it will be if people say they like it. 

AlexanderMagno

I didn't really enjoy the first movie.

And the sequels were all so campy and I really don't like that.

So basically, the good reviews are not enough for me. This is definitely not my kind of horror movie.

FlopSlurper
8 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I didn't really enjoy the first movie.

And the sequels were all so campy and I really don't like that.

So basically, the good reviews are not enough for me. This is definitely not my kind of horror movie.

From what I watched, it was more of a comedy movie rather than a horror movie, take that as you will :poot: but I personally enjoyed it and it made me laugh a lot

AlexanderMagno
18 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

From what I watched, it was more of a comedy movie rather than a horror movie, take that as you will :poot: but I personally enjoyed it and it made me laugh a lot

Yeah that's basically why I'll pass this one :sweat:  not really into comedies.

I want a super scary movie. One that will make me **** my pants, for real, and keep me from sleeping. I really miss that :poot:

Borislshere

Absolutely loved it. A very different take on Chucky which I was excited for. Also the kills?? still as creative always. 

I loved it. I think the modern twist on the story was so much smoother. You almost feel a little sympathetic for Chucky throughout the movie because all he wanted was a friend, but he had no sense of control. FEELING SAD FOR ROBOTS Y'ALL.

aubrey plaza legs GIF

GAMS, gay popstar

RoverLoader

I'll stream it when someone uploads it. Not paying good money for something that's obviously gonna be predictable trash.

River

Chucky looks like a lost member of the NSYNC

Not gonna watch tbh

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

lgaga1fan

Was a whole ass serve. They didn't lie when they said it was gonna be surprisingly emotional either. The new Chucky was pretty interesting, and Andy (Gabriel Bateman) was great as well.

GagaMariaSpears

It had a different vibe from the original movies but it was updated pretty well. I never thought I'd feel sympathy for Chucky, his purpose was to make users happy and that was what he tried to do. Also this had one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while.

LUO YI

I wanted to watch but yeah I won't pay for comedy :laughga: sorry, I guess I'll see it later, maybe a I will appreciate it bettef

The night sky tells all

Archived