Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Gaga actually sing INLA?

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

SHALLOW

I mean, some falsettos are a bit difficult, but not as much not crying while listening to it :messga:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
21 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Gaga is one of the best vocalists in the industry but I don’t think she is THAT perfect. Only Whitney and Mariah at their peaks can do that. Gaga even struggles vocally with some of her other demanding songs like Perfect Illusion and that crack in her voice (the final ‘I’ll never meet’) during the Oscar performance of Shallow still gives me anxiety everytime I think about it.

Those are totally different registers though. In Perfect Illusion she's in her chest voice and belts the notes out. She's pretty much at the top of her register there, in INLA it's her headvoice and she's not really up in some really high notes, the most dificult thing is breath control and she has that down. I actually think she might be able to sing it perfectly, it's just that Gaga doesn't really use her headvoice much. It's a pity though cause its very air light and beautiful.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Gagz4Gaga

All these vocal chanteuse saying that INLA isn’t a hard song but y’all can only sing it on your own keys. My point was on how Gaga specifically sang it in ASIB. :saladga:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Stephen

The thing with movies though is they could do 5 takes if they need to, like hypothetically if she messed up takes 1-4. We would never know.

LGMonster95

She definitelly can sing it. I think she will nail it perfectly if she gets herself in the same mood as when she record it. The headvoice in the chorus is the most difficult thing in this song which she proved it a lot of times on her shows that she can sing it like that (on her last jazz shows she actually sings it that way on some parts) And I'm pretty much sure that she can also sing Shallow perfectly if she tries to sing it like in the movie (she never tried to sing it in Ally's style, she just goes full on with her aggresivity while in her movie she's more dramatic than aggresive)

Gagz4Gaga
5 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Those are totally different registers though. In Perfect Illusion she's in her chest voice and belts the notes out. She's pretty much at the top of her register there, in INLA it's her headvoice and she's not really up in some really high notes, the most dificult thing is breath control and she has that down. I actually think she might be able to sing it perfectly, it's just that Gaga doesn't really use her headvoice much. It's a pity though cause its very air light and beautiful.

Thank you! Now this is more of an intellectual response in regards to my question. I really like your informative insights.

Not those “oh it’s not difficult I can sing it in my car and while showering” bullcrop.

nostalgia’s for geeks

Miel

I think Gaga could easily sing this song especially within the context of its filming.

Now, could she easily sing this song as an encore of an ENIGMA-like show? Probably a better question. Although I think she could easily nail it for Jazz + Piano.

3 points in and ready for more

Mirages
5 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

All these vocal chanteuse saying that INLA isn’t a hard song but y’all can only sing it on your own keys. My point was on how Gaga specifically sang it in ASIB. :saladga:

It's literally in G major - the most common key in music right next to C major :huntyga:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

FentyGa
20 minutes ago, BlueyOysterCult said:

A few months ago yes.. But she is struggling a little bit with her songs lately. She needs to stop whatever she is doing that is damaging her voice (but I'm sure she knows better than me :vegas:). 

smoking, probably

elijahfan

Of course they can always enhance parts that weren't completely perfect when shooting (just look at what they've been able to do with Madonna's Eurovision performance...), and actors always re-record parts of dialogue in postproduction through ADR (additional dialogue recording). So to answer your question: yes, I think she did do it in one take, and they might have tweaked some parts in post.

But I do believe her to be capable of delivering a show-stopping and perfect performance on take 1. I mean, there are countless videos of her performing alone on her piano that are just perfect through and through, like every performance she ever did for Howard Stern for instance. And if the Sound of Music tribute didn't put her on the level of Whitney or Mariah in your eyes, then I don't know what will.

The Z

The song isn't that hard for her to sing, since it's far from her highest notes, and she kinda stays in the same tune the whole song. Once she hits it, she keeps it, if that makes sense :) 

Creyk

This is not one of her more challenging songs.

I Don't Know What Love Is, Swine, Perfect Illusion, I Like It Rough. Now those are hard.

Hurem
2 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

I’ll Never Love Again is probably one, if not THE most difficult song in Gaga’s discography

In what world? :rip: 

Archived