💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No gaga album has blended genres as well as Born This Way

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa
17 minutes ago, xxxtentacion said:

How does ARTPOP have VAPORWAVE elements tho?  Can you explain?... I mean, not to be rude but you sound like u know nothing about vaporwave or just discovered it to be reaching like that 

if you look through the thread i corrected myself:vegas:

i meant synthwave:vegas:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
20 hours ago, FentyGa said:

The Fame Monster was full on eurodance with synthpop, rock, and classical influences. A true precursor to Born This Way, just a little more messy.

TFM is not messy :excuseu:

♄ Kindness Police.

Charles Manson
27 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

if you look through the thread i corrected myself:vegas:

i meant synthwave:vegas:

Yeah, i didn't pay attention to the other posts. As for the blended-genres thing, Born This Way has a lot of different influences but that doesn't mean it's her "best album" like some people on here said. It's still pure pop music, but with some classic rock and generic eurodance/techno influences. 

TFM stays being her magnum opus, Born This Way had potential but it ended up being all over the place in terms of mixing and production, you can blend-genre and still be coherent. To me the issue  with this album is that Gaga took herself wayyy too seriously at that time, it lacked some laid-back moments. There are japanese artists that also try to experiment with multiple-genres and blend metal, edm and even rap music together but they do it in a way that the "messiness" isn't distracting or disturbing,  cause they just embrace it and own up to it.

BTW sounds like Gaga just tried to mix a shitload of genres without ever reaching that cohesive mixture.  it could have been so much better. I feel like it's in the middle between messy and predictable, maybe it would have been better if she experimented more, it's like they tried to do something but were scared to go further.  The album definitely has some 80s influences that could have been explored way more deeply, sonically. 

27monster27
15 hours ago, MasonG said:

Noooo she didn't say this, did she? I really doubt it

She said something like, "You look like a star.". I could be thinking of a different concert, but she definitely didn't say anything about Lucifer or sacrifices.

he/him/his

steven

BTW is probably her best album when it comes to execution, exploring different genres and styles. Gaga and her team need to bring that kind of quality on LG6.

Smother Em Eh

I agree but I do think ARTPOP did it too. 

Also as many said there is no song on ARTPOP that is vaporwave & no song on Joanne that is even close to alternative. 

Born This Way is such a diverse album that still manages to be cohesive and I love it. Everything about the album is amazing from the concept/message to the sounds to the visuals to the lyrics. What a legendary album. Gaga really did that :applause:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

monster4life231
23 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

There’s no such thing as “dark pop”. :air: It’s all relative. And so what if 80’s pop uses the Linn Drum and the DX7 synthesizer? I highly, highly doubt Born This Way uses those instruments. Born This Way isn’t even analogue for all I know. It’s digital. And 80’s pop can include a broad range of sounds: Rock, Dance, New Wave, R&B, Funk, you gotta get specific on what you’re talking about here. As for European club music having “a strong bass rhythm and melodic hooks”, I know that. I’m not stupid. I’m a musician. “European club music” is not a genre. What this dude is really talking about is House Music. Almost all the songs on the album have a House beat and rhythm (MTN, BTW, GH, Judas, Americano, Scheibe, Bad Kids, HML, Electric Chapel, maybe TEoG). Latin Pop very obviously has a lot of acoustic guitar in it’s sound. I know that. But Latin Pop can be Rock, R&B, Dance, or whatever. Very specific Latin Pop genres are flamenco, tejano, mariachi, salsa, reggaeton, bolero, merengue, cumbia, conga, mambo.... Those are the most widely heard ones internationally.

EDM refers to many things. It can mean an abbreviation for Electronic Dance Music, meaning any dance music that is electronic, or it could mean the culture/marketing gimmick (think of festivals and pool parties that play brostep and Dutch house like Excision and Martin Garrix) that encompasses a lifestyle that plays the music, or it could be referring to commercial big room house music (e.g. Swedish House Mafia and Calvin Harris). ARTPOP doesn’t really represent any of those outside of the first one. It is predominantly Electro-House. Only Gypsy is big room house.

I think the terms used by the original poster were umbrella terms to include a wide range of music genres and personally I think that they were suitable.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Archived