Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Megatron Outstreamed By Shallow - Why?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

The Queen (#2) of Rap released her new comeback single but failed to outstream various older songs. Why? :huh:

7 Rings - 2,074,329

Shallow - 1,876,854

Sweet But Psycho - 1,501,420

Megatron - 1,485,677

giphy.gif

Brooklyn Knight

because nicki being involved n drama seems to be the only way her name pops up in the news, its unfortunate,  but true, people aren't really coming to her for music, they're coming to watch her pop off...

AlexanderMagno

I just think female rappers in general have a short success time span. Even the best ones. Lil Kim, Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah, Foxy Brown... They get really high relatively fast, but can't keep the pace. They still are relatively successful, but not really as relevant.

Nicki Minaj was lucky to embrace a pop approach and LOTS of collabs, but it was a matter of time. And it already happened with the album Queen.

The difference is, nowadays we have the Internet and pop forums and the stans are way too intense over wars and bringing musicians down, so there's more attention to her downfall.

RAMROD
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

I just think female rappers in general have a short success time span. Even the best ones. Lil Kim, Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah, Foxy Brown... They get really high relatively fast, but can't keep the pace. They still are relatively successful, but not really as relevant.

Nicki Minaj was lucky to embrace a pop approach and LOTS of collabs, but it was a matter of time. And it already happened with the album Queen.

The difference is, nowadays we have the Internet and pop forums and the stans are way too intense over wars and bringing musicians down, so there's more attention to her downfall.

Do not include Missy in this. She would have on roll still if she didn't suffered from Graves disease that caused her to take long hiatus. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Catnikko

it'll probably grow.. Didn't it just come out? I haven't even added it to my playlist yet

Actual patient

beaublue

Because rap music has a high turn over rate which results in a short life span. The market for rap music is so over saturated now that it’s rare a rap song will be number one. Old Town Road was the exception & got a boost because of the controversy around it.

Lottie Winters
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Missy Elliot has always and will always be relevant. 

LordEnigma

It's a horrible song :ladyhaha:

She used to make iconic pop culture moment but this is just not it :vegas:

Chun-Li should have slayed though

PartySick

I only just realized that y'all were referencing a Nicki song and not Meghan Trainor.

So that's probably part of it.

🖤

AlexanderMagno
9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Do not include Missy in this. She would have on roll still if she didn't suffered from Graves disease that caused her to take long hiatus. 

Didn't know that, I specifically didn't include Lauryn Hill because of her issues as well. Nevertheless, it seems really hard for them to make a strong comeback. Well, it's actually hard for almost everyone nowadays if you think about it.

Archived