💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reason for 'Scrapped' Projects

joannesrats

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, Schizophonic said:

if you listen to one of the recent madonna interviews, she complained how interscope wont pay for a faz gostoso music video and she would love to put out one but doesnt know how to finance it.

pretty sure half of the canceled gaga projects have the same issue. they plan it and when they didnt reach a certain amount of success, the label wont pay for it.

if ARTPOP would have been a ASIB kind of sales succsess, pretty sure we already had act two.

Why can't she pay for it herself? :shrug:

Gaga did that with G.U.Y or at least part of it. 

Schizophonic
35 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Why can't she pay for it herself? :shrug:

Gaga did that with G.U.Y or at least part of it. 

well and we see in guy, if someone pays it themself and the label dont fully support it, it wont lead anywhere...

GypsyBabe

Being a Stevie Nicks fan for like my whole life, I think that I am far less sensitive about these cancelled projects. 

Stevie's been spouting off supposed projects since the 70s. I’ve been waiting for her coffee table book of her poetry and watercolors since 1999...among countless other things. 

Creatives love to spout of creative ideas, but sometimes the logistics just aren’t there. I’m sure this happens with Gaga too. 

⚯͛

Didymus

She's under a lot more label pressure than she's owned up to, most pop stars are. They're simply not free to do anything, especially with the horrible contracts they sign. If Gaga couldn't even stop Interscope from forcing her to mix all of her vocals from 2008 to 2011 differently, then that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's also the issue of her apparently not wanting to share everything she does. There's that 2014 interview I'll never forget when she casually said she had several (!) finished (!) music albums (!) that will simply never see the light of day because they're not meant for the public but just for her and her friends. That's where the gems are, obviously, but either she's too aware of the role she has to play as a pop star, with which comes strategy and label co-operation, or she's genuine in the answer she gave back then: she doesn't like the influence the music industry has on her music. She called it "the machine".

Either way, it doesn't look good for us, the fans lol. But I'm definitely happy she seems to have realized that the endless hyping was good for nothing and she should restrain her enthusiasm a bit if she doesn't want to end up disappointing everyone. Granted, this fanbase will freak out even in the absence of her hyping anything, but it's a start :ladyhaha:

LilyLark
5 hours ago, ZwRaven said:

I have stuff I won't play for people they may even like. I have to be in love w a song I wrote (hope that doesn't sound narcissistic) before I'll play it out or even for friends. Leonard Cohen used to take years on the same song. So my answer as an artist and musician would be we are a fickle lot, and picky about our stuff. I've spoken to other song writers who feel the same as me and some who don't, but most do. That's why I respect freestyle rappers so much. That's total vulnerability.

I'm 95% sure Adele has said something along those lines—that she's picky and she records far more tracks than she ever can use for an album. I know it's long been rumored, at least by music critics, that Bey does something similar and even recorded up to 90 odd tracks for Lemonade.

My theory has always been that Interscope didn't want Gaga to compete against their other artists (which makes sense from a business point of view), was surprised at how well the ASIB album did WW and wanted to let it fully run its course, and decided to slot Gaga in for a late Q3/Q4 release. Gaga probably has some say, but pretty sure the labels have the final decision on when to drop most of the time. An October release for LG6 would be almost three years exactly since Joanne and a year since ASIB, which seems reasonable when you look at the release schedule of Bey and Adele (who have gone far longer), Rihanna since Anti, Lana, etc.

Now..my tin foil theory ties in with what you've said about artists having to be in love with the work and selective—I think LG6 was close to being done, since she's talked about working on it since 2017, but Gaga is picky and decided to go back and rework/add to LG6 once they gave her a later release window.

Glamourpuss
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

She's under a lot more label pressure than she's owned up to, most pop stars are. They're simply not free to do anything, especially with the horrible contracts they sign. If Gaga couldn't even stop Interscope from forcing her to mix all of her vocals from 2008 to 2011 differently, then that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's also the issue of her apparently not wanting to share everything she does. There's that 2014 interview I'll never forget when she casually said she had several (!) finished (!) music albums (!) that will simply never see the light of day because they're not meant for the public but just for her and her friends. That's where the gems are, obviously, but either she's too aware of the role she has to play as a pop star, with which comes strategy and label co-operation, or she's genuine in the answer she gave back then: she doesn't like the influence the music industry has on her music. She called it "the machine".

Either way, it doesn't look good for us, the fans lol. But I'm definitely happy she seems to have realized that the endless hyping was good for nothing and she should restrain her enthusiasm a bit if she doesn't want to end up disappointing everyone. Granted, this fanbase will freak out even in the absence of her hyping anything, but it's a start :ladyhaha:

I remember that too. Being a bit of a creative person myself I can totally understand why she has things she doesn't share. Sometimes you can write lyrics that have just poured out from your soul. Just writing the song itself can be cathartic and then that's it, you're done and you move on to something else. It's a bit weird to expect someone to want to share something so personal to them because writing a song can be like writing in your diary. So I do understand why she keeps some songs private and doesn't release them to satisfy the fans. 

Schizophonic

we all know what kind of sellout happens when a major superstar dies. they made britney record 100 tracks in 2007 wich they saved for the case she wont survive her breakdown. and wich they could mix later.

Reginald
10 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

if you listen to one of the recent madonna interviews, she complained how interscope wont pay for a faz gostoso music video and she would love to put out one but doesnt know how to finance it.

pretty sure half of the canceled gaga projects have the same issue. they plan it and when they didnt reach a certain amount of success, the label wont pay for it.

if ARTPOP would have been a ASIB kind of sales succsess, pretty sure we already had act two.

Kind of off topic, but I have a theory that the Act II cancellation is making ARTPOP into an even more enduring / collectable era for fans and the GP who ignored her then.  I may be slightly delulu :fan: but don't be too surprised if Gaga revisits ARTPOP in some form or another one day. I dont think Little Monsters will stop talking about it until she does lmao 

Archived