💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JoJo Siwa says today's music is "not true music"

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

beaublue
1 minute ago, brownie said:

Dude, literally my whole metaphor was about finding a better metaphor than the dumb "horses and cars" metaphor from the last page. 

I hope all those people who play piano get into a real studio and include real pianos in their music instead of synthetic ones. All I can say. 

All I’m saying is it’s not the quality of the equipment but the person using it that makes it good. It all comes down to the persons talent, anyone can make a song with real instruments but it doesn’t make it good by default, ya know? Lol anyway, good talk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

All I’m saying is it’s not the quality of the equipment but the person using it that makes it good. It all comes down to the persons talent, anyone can make a song with real instruments but it doesn’t make it good by default, ya know? Lol anyway, good talk

But that's literally my argument -- that ANYONE can use ANYTHING with passion, but in MOST cases, the select few that take the time to strive for the best equipment usually also come with extra passion and creativity. AKA Gaga fighting for no autotune and real piano. Tarantino fighting for 70mm film. Kubrick fighting for and using NASA lenses for his movies. 

The TRUE greats follow a pattern of always striving for the best equipment / instruments / gear / lenses / film stock, etc etc at all times. The lesser ones like Charli go "guys I made 30 tracks on my laptop and IM THE BEST POP STAR EVERRRRR". 

beaublue
Just now, brownie said:

But that's literally my argument -- that ANYONE can use ANYTHING with passion, but in MOST cases, the select few that take the time to strive for the best equipment usually also come with extra passion and creativity. AKA Gaga fighting for no autotune and real piano. Tarantino fighting for 70mm film. Kubrick using NASA lenses for his movies. 

The TRUE greats follow a pattern. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

beaublue
11 minutes ago, brownie said:

season 9 hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lol I meant the fact that we were debating the same conclusion from different perspectives 😂

3 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

I think to translate what everyone agrees with is that the current state of music is pretty much passionless and everything sounds the same. That’s what most of y’all are thinking, right? Not that today’s music isn’t true music lol

But that can be said about literally every decade. It is such a cliche thing to say. AKA "the kids nowadays".

21 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Lol I meant the fact that we were debating the same conclusion from different perspectives 😂

Oh, hahaha. Thanks for ending this respectfully! I posted that gif cause I *KNOW* my side/opinion is terribly pretentious, but it really is what I believe. I currently am a commercial editor/director and I want to strive to make films on Kubrick/Hitchcock/Tarantino's level. I'm a nice but terribly pretentious/old-fashioned person who really loves analog things and strives to use the best of everything, lol. I see your point so much but...there are so many people making bad songs on their laptops or releasing cheap lazy movies just to turn a quick buck that I don't have much respect for people not actively striving to make the best of their art.

So much of today's pop is so manufactured and sanitized and electronic that I feel its kinda soulness -- funny enough, I thought the same about Unsane. It was more a gimmick movie than a real movie. (To me.)

sillynate
7 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

Eighties

Seventies

Nineties

Yeah cuz electronic music didn’t exist until the 2000’s

Killa

Not She shading the people that write her music. Sweetie you just might have to do it yourself

beaublue
58 minutes ago, brownie said:

Oh, hahaha. Thanks for ending this respectfully! I posted that gif cause I *KNOW* my side/opinion is terribly pretentious, but it really is what I believe. I currently am a commercial editor/director and I want to strive to make films on Kubrick/Hitchcock/Tarantino's level. I'm a nice but terribly pretentious/old-fashioned person who really loves analog things and strives to use the best of everything, lol. I see your point so much but...there are so many people making bad songs on their laptops or releasing cheap lazy movies just to turn a quick buck that I don't have much respect for people not actively striving to make the best of their art.

So much of today's pop is so manufactured and sanitized and electronic that I feel its kinda soulness -- funny enough, I thought the same about Unsane. It was more a gimmick movie than a real movie. (To me.)

I agree lol I don’t like most of the current music for the same reason. It irritates me that people are putting out the lowest common denominator of music & making money & people are accepting it instead of wanting something better. I honestly feel like “JoJo Siwa” is one of those lowest common denominators so the fact that she’s criticizing others while simultaneously putting out garbage is annoying af. I LOVE Hitchcock & Kubrick, I also love David Lynch, I’m sure you know of him. Mulholland Drive is one of my fav movies along with Eraser Head.

53 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

I agree lol I don’t like most of the current music for the same reason. It irritates me that people are putting out the lowest common denominator of music & making money & people are accepting it instead of wanting something better. I honestly feel like “JoJo Siwa” is one of those lowest common denominators so the fact that she’s criticizing others while simultaneously putting out garbage is annoying af. I LOVE Hitchcock & Kubrick, I also love David Lynch, I’m sure you know of him. Mulholland Drive is one of my fav movies along with Eraser Head.

Lynch is my literal idol. Twin Peaks: The Return is one of the very few pieces of art I consider perfect -- and he spent years making it, carefully writing the script with Mark Frost and spending a year shooting it.

Funny enough, his one movie I don't care for is Inland Empire -- which he shot on a cheap camcorder with almost no budget. It has its moments, but it ruined his theatrical reputation for a reason. (Proving that even a "master" using cheap equipment can completely fail...but when given film and a real crew, he excels!)

I don't like Jojo's music either and think its weird she's saying this, but I also still agree with her statement and think its great that she's gonna strive for real instruments on her next album. I'm 99% sure all of her early/current pop/electronic stuff is pushed on her by producers and the label if she feels this way.

If you agree on all this and "that people are putting out the lowest common denominator of music & making money & people are accepting it", I'm confused as to why we were debating then haha

Musicisfreedom

How do you sleep with a whole ass piano on your bed? You okay JoJo?

Bitch I'm Madonna

RochestrMonstr

She shouldn’t have used the term “true”. And she should have acknowledged that her own current music is the absolute perfect example of the sound she is speaking against.  

It’s cool that she wants to grow as a singer, if it’s true. I’m curious to see how her career plays out. Her fan base is unsurprisingly young but surprisingly large. Although I’m not sure how helpful her young fan base would be in her transitioning to adult pop (probably not at all), it still gives her a bit of a head start. 

Archived