💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JoJo Siwa says today's music is "not true music"

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Reginald

"Not true music" okay little girl sit down --

Until you've spent dozens of hours in a studio creating your own instruments from scratch through synthesis, tweaking patches, filters,  and oscillators, you can't speak on how much effort it takes to create electronic music :oops:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97

I think to translate what everyone agrees with is that the current state of music is pretty much passionless and everything sounds the same. That’s what most of y’all are thinking, right? Not that today’s music isn’t true music lol

tomdsgn

I mean idk and idc who she is, but she ain’t exactly wrong. Not many “classic” songs these days that will survive generations the way older music does. 

Woohoo

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

Lion Heart

Would queen of pop Jojo Siwa lie? 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

48 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I think to translate what everyone agrees with is that the current state of music is pretty much passionless and everything sounds the same. That’s what most of y’all are thinking, right? Not that today’s music isn’t true music lol

This is what she's trying to say. 

Think Zedd and Madeon and Skrillex are gonna stand the test of time? Nope. As much work as they may put into designing the electronic melodies and soundscapes, it still doesn't match the pure talent and ability one needs to make a song with real instruments. Notice how offended Zedd was when it came out that he can't really play piano? It's cause they all secretly want to be known as real musicians. 

But songs like Gaga's "Edge of Glory", "You and I", Adele's singles, earlier Taylor stuff like "Love Song"...THOSE songs will be remembered and played for generations to come. 

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, brownie said:

This is what she's trying to say. 

Think Zedd and Madeon and Skrillex are gonna stand the test of time? Nope. As much work as they may put into designing the electronic melodies and soundscapes, it still doesn't match the pure talent and ability one needs to make a song with real instruments. Notice how offended Zedd was when it came out that he can't really play piano? It's cause they all secretly want to be known as real musicians. 

But songs like Gaga's "Edge of Glory", "You and I", Adele's singles, earlier Taylor stuff like "Love Song"...THOSE songs will be remembered and played for generations to come. 

All of this!! And before anyone says it, there are obviously exceptions (Bad Romance being one of them)

imnotyourbabe10

While I have to agree that JoJo's music and others of recent times are pretty Scheiße, Our Lady, who Art in Pop did say,

145356-Pop-Music-Will-Never-Be-Lowbrow.g

I'm not sure what to make of this because, well...you've all heard what's "popular" in 2019 :wtfga:

beaublue

Do y’all who are saying she’s “right” know all the work that goes into designing specific sounds, synths, drum pads, modular instrumentation etc? That sh*t takes way more time & effort than playing a guitar & recording it. Yeah some producers throw sounds together but where do those sounds come from? They come from hours & hours of tedious work designing sounds playing them over & over for hours just to get it right. Ugh whatever, just another D list celeb trying to elevate herself by bashing other people while she makes kids bop anthems. “Real” instruments do not define music, drum pads, modular, synths etc are just as much instruments as a piano.

BeyerJ

What is people's obsession with instruments?

With computers and sound synthesis you can create almost literally anything you want.

It's like saying today's drivers aren't real travellers because they don't use horses. :laughga:

47 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

All of this!! And before anyone says it, there are obviously exceptions (Bad Romance being one of them)

Some of Gaga's Fame Monster / BTW electronic stuff rises above on her sheer creativity! Bad Romance will remain a classic because its lyrics are incredibly creative and smart (referencing hitchcock films, a chorus unlike anything anyone had heard before) and Redone's sound was fresh and new at the time. Now he's cannibalized his own sound for his own productions and its dated, lol. 

But compare Bad Romance to something modern and shallow like "ME!" or "Megatron" or "Break Up With Your Girlfriend" and you start to see the point. Music needs passion and creativity to stand out, and most of modern pop isn't cutting it. The few pop artists who take the time to use real instruments tend to put more thought and time into lyrics, melodies, instrumentals, etc. 

This is what Jojo is trying to say. 

6 minutes ago, BeyerJ said:

What is people's obsession with instruments?

With computers and sound synthesis you can create almost literally anything you want.

It's like saying today's drivers aren't real travellers because they don't use horses. :laughga:

What a terrible example, lmao. 

It's more like making a movie on your iphone vs shooting on 35mm film: anyone can shoot a movie on their iphone, but it'll never ever compare to the color and clarity of 35mm film stock. (Which you need training to use and shoot on properly. It takes a lot of actual effort, unlike filming stuff on your iphone.)

Anyone can make a pop song on garageband on their laptop, but it'll never compare to the talent needed to compose a song with an 80-person orchestra. 

Right now we're getting too many garageband tracks and not enough orchestras. 

Is she forgetting the explosion of electronic dance/trance music in the 90s tho? Or the electro pop of the 80's? Instruments don't make music automatically good 🙄

Archived