💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Alejandro A Summer Song?

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

I sometimes see Alejandro on “Summer pop” playlists on Spotify, also the fact that it was released in april leads me to believe that her team was pushing for it to be a summer hit.

not to mention the lyrics “hot like Mexico”... and the overall Spanish vibe which is pretty popular with the Latin trend in our “summer” hits nowadays (this is kinda a reach but still). Do you guys think Alejandro was meant to be a summer song (which is something that Gaga doesn’t really have many of tbh), and do you think it would’ve done better with a more “sunny” music video instead of a wintery cold one like the one we have today?

FfFfFfFF

It sounds summer-ish and cold at the same time. The music video has those snowing scenes and they don't look out of place at all but at the same time the beat is warm and almost tropical. I could play it both in summer and winter and it would fit.

Widows Kiss
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

It sounds summer-ish and cold at the same time. The music video has those snowing scenes and they don't look out of place at all but at the same time the beat is warm and almost tropical. I could play it both in summer and winter and it would fit.

This. The song itself is a summer bop but the video makes me associate it with winter. The Alejandro MV is probably my favorite  Gaga video but I kinda wish she would have shot a cute summer video. :laughga:

Thrasher

Here in Europe (especially in the Mediterranean area) Alejandro was huge, absolutely bigger than Telephone for example, but it seems that in the anglophone countries it didn’t explode like that, so maybe we have a different perception about the song. A summer 2010 smash for me, such memories :heart:

“Come over, when you’re sober”

bloody g

Oh yes. It was everywhere.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Rifek

It won the Song of the Summer 2010 chart in Poland.

I remember the battle between Alejandro and Waka Waka.

But the better one snatched the 1st place :sis:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Widows Kiss
18 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Here in Europe (especially in the Mediterranean area) Alejandro was huge, absolutely bigger than Telephone for example, but it seems that in the anglophone countries it didn’t explode like that, so maybe we have a different perception about the song. A summer 2010 smash for me, such memories :heart:

It got blocked by Waka Waka all over Europe :air:

theahsfan
25 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

It was pretty huge in the UK

Widows Kiss
9 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

It was pretty huge in the UK

Was it tho? I think it missed top 10 and isn't even Platinum yet. 

theahsfan
1 minute ago, Widows Kiss said:

Was it tho? I think it missed top 10 and isn't even Platinum yet. 

It was #7 and it was at least big on radios, I remember Summer 2010 it was constantly playing and everyone here knows the song

Phoebe Buffay

The European song of the summer in 2010. It was everywhere and everyone stanned it. Whew, that's what I call A CLASSIC :diane: It's one of her most well known songs here.

Archived