Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Zimzalabim - Red Velvet + album

moonboywow

Featured Posts

imwoahvicky
1 hour ago, Antichrist said:

i just so happened to browse youtube when the premiere started & i checked it out, i have been their biggest stan during the ice cream cake era, but i'm obviously not feeling this at all. the whole point of the chorus being a repetition of the title makes me bored. i hope they have one more ice cream cake in their time tho :legend: that is if SM doesn't disband them before.

mess they're not being disbanded, this is so dramatic

they have two more titles with MVs and mini albums before the end of this year 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Ricksies

It's a grower of a song. When the chorus started I was :what:

Totally into it now. I love SM girl groups. 

imwoahvicky
42 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

i really wanna know that “same old thing” because they’ve been releasing the weirdest songs while also constantly separating “red” from the “velvet” concepts ever since, plus their songs haven’t been as successful as Twice and BP (except for Red Flavor). If anything, Zimzalabim is another testament to how SM doesn’t give a single f- about catering to people’s tastes

It's hard to compare them to TWICE and BP when TWICE basically caters to the general audience as we all know (which isn't a bad thing, it's just who JYP markets to) and YG's shtick is to make fans thirst for years until release

RV has had tons of success after RF tbh, their sales got released and (I was surprised) PKB almost broke 2m sales with just being 200k off, followed by Bad Boy (which was their biggest international success) that was just a little behind PKB's sales

Power Up secured their PAK (sold less than BB and PKB, but still broke the million mark) and was their highest selling album (Summer Magic) and Really Bad Boy...well.... :emma: 

obviously none are a Red Flavor or Russian Roulette, but 2018 was a huge year for them 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Neight Shayde
3 minutes ago, imwoahvicky said:

It's hard to compare them to TWICE and BP when TWICE basically caters to the general audience as we all know (which isn't a bad thing, it's just who JYP markets to) and YG's shtick is to make fans thirst for years until release

yeah i totally agree with their massive success lately i was just trying to question how anyone would think that RV is this money-maker that caters to the gp when they haven’t been that at all

imwoahvicky
Just now, BrothaGaga said:

yeah i totally agree with their massive success lately i was just trying to question how anyone would think that RV is this money-maker that caters to the gp when they haven’t been that at all

oh my bad :emma: but I just thought I should clarify to anybody who tries to compare them to BP and TWICE when it's obvious whose audience is what 

but I don't see them as catering to the gp just to be moneymakers at ALL, SM has had tons of success giving them experimental tracks (that's been overused considering there's been tons of those this year, but you get the idea) and I don't see the big deal in doing so? 

It's sad how people expect that since SM is such a big entertainment agency they're going to cater and such, but it would get rather boring if everybody produced the same music no? 

SM could've easily of done Red Flavor 2.0 but they didn't, you can see that they don't care and will continue to release what they please, if anything I'm glad we're getting a "kpop" feel type of song,

of course I wish the chorus had more added to it and the anti-chorus trend with repeating one word is getting tired, but overall it's pretty solid 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Neight Shayde
10 minutes ago, imwoahvicky said:

SM could've easily of done Red Flavor 2.0 but they didn't, you can see that they don't care and will continue to release what they please, if anything I'm glad we're getting a "kpop" feel type of song,

or they could’ve released “Sunny Side Up”, do a desert-themed video about correlations between the sun and eggs and call it a day :lolga:

It’s IGAB/Red Light but those actually had more structure than this one ++

Totally fine with the premature edging :derpga: with the verses in the song but I wish they showed the chorus choreo in the mv more.

idk probably not gonna get an all-kill but it’s doing pretty well on the charts which is amazing (#1-#2). maybe after people settle with the structure

imwoahvicky
1 minute ago, BrothaGaga said:

or they could’ve released “Sunny Side Up”, do a desert-themed video about correlations between the sun and eggs and call it a day :lolga:

nnnn

none of the b-sides could be the title :emma: just cause they're cohesive doesn't make them title worthy, SSU is good but it wouldn't be doing as well as ZZB is 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Neight Shayde
19 minutes ago, imwoahvicky said:

nnnn

none of the b-sides could be the title :emma: just cause they're cohesive doesn't make them title worthy, SSU is good but it wouldn't be doing as well as ZZB is 

oh absolutely ZZB trumps over all the other tracks but have you seen some of the comments on twitter :messga:

also zimzalabim might be my favorite rv title track. it’s like exo’s tempo all over again. they keep surpassing my expectations.

SchwineLove

I don't know that you all in GGD could sound so intelligent and spot-on when it comes to K-Pop, lol! I was like scrolling thru Twitter timeline and I feel lost from the hype, but here I feel affirmation of what I feel about the track, lol. I was thinking that SM try too hard to make this "experimental" but apparently not catchy enough and lack of melody

moonboywow
49 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

I don't know that you all in GGD could sound so intelligent and spot-on when it comes to K-Pop, lol! I was like scrolling thru Twitter timeline and I feel lost from the hype, but here I feel affirmation of what I feel about the track, lol. I was thinking that SM try too hard to make this "experimental" but apparently not catchy enough and lack of melody

Not to be off topic but that's how I feel about most of American pop. Taylor and gaga being exceptions to that.

Archived