music news

Never Really Over Falls On Hot 100

theahsfan

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roboboy

Let's be positive. It's an achievement charting in the first place, she charted well, and i'm very grateful that she's bringing pop music back. Yes queen Katy.
:vegas:

Kimmo

It will come back next week after YNTCD video and her new alliance :bon:

swph5k.jpg

Hottie Detector

It is not that bad, the first week was just hype (as any comeback song) , in spotify, apple music and youtube the song is holding steady , she just need  the radios to pick this song up, this sounds like a summer smash that needs promotion. 

ElectricKing

I hope it does really well. I'm really rooting for her and it's a great summer song!

Zander

I’m out of touch with most popular music and what’s played on the radio but I’m kind of amazed at the longevity of some of the Top 10’s on the chart, like the Post Malone songs and Jonas Brothers :saladga: 

Enzo

Perfect Illusion remains unbothered

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Who cares, doesn't take away from the fact it's a great song

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Versace

I can literally tear up thinking about the current music climate. The late 2000's and early 2010's is the music of my generation. The songs and albums released will forever be my childhood/teenage years. It's sad to think that once pop was the reigning genre and how Gaga and Katy really helped bring it to the forefront. 

large.jpg

It's hard to believe the girl that gave us Teenage Dream and 5 #1 off that album is now struggling to break top 10. I felt the same sadness when Perfect Illusion a GAGA LEAD, couldn’t break top 10.

What has the streaming era done to our beloved pop artists and our beloved genre.

Also Taylor who we thought was keeping pop alive with 1989 and Reputation, might not get a #1 this year. I worry that pop as a genre and all the artists we grew up loving will very soon no longer be mainstream and on the forefront. Nowadays the streaming era decides on a weekly-monthly basis which one hit wonder it wants to capitalize. 

I know that chart success isn’t everything but believe it or not this is a commercial indication that Pop music is dying the same way rock music did, in the mainstream aspect at least. 

Never Really Over was an amazing pop song and deserved more success!!!

It did better than I expected tbh... i can't hear this song being in clubs tbh or becoming a song of the summer, at all :/

Dancin
14 minutes ago, Versace said:

I can literally tear up thinking about the current music climate. The late 2000's and early 2010's is the music of my generation. The songs and albums released will forever be my childhood/teenage years. It's sad to think that once pop was the reigning genre and how Gaga and Katy really helped bring it to the forefront. 

large.jpg

It's hard to believe the girl that gave us Teenage Dream and 5 #1 off that album is now struggling to break top 10. I felt the same sadness when Perfect Illusion a GAGA LEAD, couldn’t break top 10.

What has the streaming era done to our beloved pop artists and our beloved genre.

Also Taylor who we thought was keeping pop alive with 1989 and Reputation, might not get a #1 this year. I worry that pop as a genre and all the artists we grew up loving will very soon no longer be mainstream and on the forefront. Nowadays the streaming era decides on a weekly-monthly basis which one hit wonder it wants to capitalize. 

I know that chart success isn’t everything but believe it or not this is a commercial indication that Pop music is dying the same way rock music did, in the mainstream aspect at least. 

Dont be too dramatic. People said hip hop was dead in 2010 and now look at it, dominating again. Pop will come back soon, its cyclical. 

hmmm

evilfaqqot
22 minutes ago, Versace said:

large.jpg

tumblr_oxtm32tTPe1u5i578o1_r1_540.gif

Versace
11 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Dont be too dramatic. People said hip hop was dead in 2010 and now look at it, dominating again. Pop will come back soon, its cyclical. 

Even if it does. It'll be some new girls bringing it to the forefront not our favs :giveup:

Archived