💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga + Taylor Swift?

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

So, with Taylor having just announced that her music video is going to feature multiple celebrities (most of whom are linked to gay culture) - I started typing out a topic on here to discuss how 'separate' Gaga is from modern artists, and how she'd *never* make a cameo feature in something like this. 

But then I kind of shook myself, remembering when Taylor mentioned Gaga in her Entertainment Weekly interview:

Spoiler

“When people think she’s gonna go one way, she goes the exact opposite. She did that Tony Bennett record and won a Grammy. And then she pivots and goes and wins a Golden Globe for American Horror Story: Hotel. And then she pivots and does Joanne. And then she pivots and wins an Oscar for A Star Is Born. That’s so cool, that ability to be so capable in so many different worlds. There’s so much dexterity to her career.”

And why is this significant, you ask? 

Because the Entertainment Weekly interview was *literally* themed around easter eggs. Taylor discussed her use of easter eggs, filmed a video specifically about them and dropped several new easter eggs in the interview. 

For example, wearing pin badges for the cover shoot, Taylor hinted at 'friends' (Katy Perry link + having her 'friends' in the YNTCD music video), the word 'calm' and dropped other subtle clues, too. 

What's more? Every recent artist Taylor has mentioned all end up linking to one of her projects. She randomly mentioned Brendon Urie, Paul McCartney, Ellen, Adam Lambert, Ciara, RuPaul - to name only a few - and they *all* are involved in the Lover era. 

And remember, Gaga was mentioned very specifically in the Entertainment Weekly 'easter egg' edition... /and/ was presented her ASIB Golden Globe by - so very randomly - Taylor Swift :shocked:

Spoiler

I *highly* doubt for this speculation to become true.  But Taylor releasing a pride themed track with a celebrity-filled video, and having previously talked about Gaga in the context of easter eggs... is pretty interesting to say the least.

Personally, I *really* hope for this to not be true. I could never imagine Gaga featuring as a cameo in a Taylor Swift video, and I think the song is really quite awful - so I wouldn't love for Gaga to be associated to it. 

But hey, true or not, it's an interesting thought. Perhaps, if not in YNTCD, they may have worked together on something else? Taylor's recent connection to Gaga does seem quite odd.

subtext / fantasy

Luna Lovegood

another unnecessary meltdown coming right up yup!

get.gif

luna’s advocate

Ryusei

I don't think so.. they're just 2 people who don't mesh in any way to me. I think that was just a bit of admiration without easter egg intent. 

Musery

gagaweekly

I don't think gaga will go to studio to be a cameo for like 3 seconds.. If they are collaborating, I think it would be more bigger thing than appearing at music video as cameo.

Ally Campana

Well they’re two of my faves so, it would be great for me if it’s true 

Does it matter? Damage is done

OMonster

As I said, I think it's pretty unlikely... but it is definitely odd how everyone who Taylor mentions recently end up featuring in something. And the fact that the EW edition was based on easter eggs - it's worth considering at least.

subtext / fantasy

monketsharona

She won't join this mainly because she never merged herself with amount of other artists for that kind of things.

Not shading Taylor, but I feel like Gaga would no like being here just here to promote new Taylor Swift song even if it's linked to LGBT. At the end of the day that song is part of promotional campaign of Taylor for her upcoming album. 

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I don't think so.. they're just 2 people who don't mesh in any way to me. I think that was just a bit of admiration without easter egg intent. 

Yeah. I could see her being a feat. on a Taylor track, but not popping  up in a MV.

LaLa

I would *love* for them to do something together, but I honestly can't imagine it. Surprise me, girlies!! :legend:

Archived