• Last Reply
Queen Bitch
4 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Cher remains unbothered.

tumblr_nuhrtiTGG51r5xo1go1_250.gif

Cher could never.

KURUSHITOVSKA
22 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Then how did it go #1 for a second week? Didn't that promotion end after the first week? :trollga:

And in the US, Gaga didn't need any bundles.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not hating Madonna, just replying to this user.

You don't have to reply me because I know already lmao, I was just stating that he said Gaga never used bundles but she did.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

17 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Gaga can debute #1 without any bundle, she proved it many times before

With that ASIB light, next album will have a big start. Just hope she'll have longevity.

Right and Taylor has sold a lot more than Gaga but she’s still bundling. it’s so on trend on no one will fault her for it I can see her team doing it. 

Honestly it all depends on how good the music is. I don’t think Taylor would bundle anything if she knew the music was good enough but I think she knows it’s an underwhelming era. Also record companies can do sales forecasts before an album really even drops so we can all pretend we know the tea but they have actual professional analytics. 

Illuminati Freak

Adding another number one to her illustrious career. 

Jose P

Gotta love how people in here will still find ways to hate on her and belittle her even when she’s doing well. The album has been receiving lots of acclaim so you hating ass bitches should take your negativity somewhere else cause the Queen ain’t having NONE OF IT.

madonna smoking GIF

Guest Adarsh
16 hours ago, August3 said:

Cher could never.

Dancing Queen, Cher’s 26th album debuted with 153k units, and out of those 150k were pure sales. Madame X is Madonna’s 14th album. 

Plus it’s 79 on Metacritic, as opposed to Madame X’s 72. 

So do your research before coming for the Goddess of pop xoxo

simbiosis
9 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Gotta love how people in here will still find ways to hate on her and belittle her even when she’s doing well. The album has been receiving lots of acclaim so you hating ass bitches should take your negativity somewhere else cause the Queen ain’t having NONE OF IT.

madonna smoking GIF

That’s the thing. Some people here come across as really bitter.

Always try to to bring M down, whatever the situation, but it’s plainly clear where that resentment comes from. :ladyhaha:

A #1 is a #1, and if it drops the following week, whatever. It happens with every artist out there, and we are talking about a woman who is 4 decades into her career. Not a newcomer or someone in their 3rd album. This is a significant achievement if it happens, and this album, very much deserves it, with it getting so much acclaim from fans and critics alike.

And the bundles thing, if these are part of the sales, the same thing applies. Every artist does it, so if its a criticism you apply to M, you must apply it to everyone. But you know what, it’s just the way the music business works nowadays. Sales are dead. Even Paul McCartney did a bundle with his Egypt Station last year. 

So all in all, no need for shadiness, bitterness and resentment — it will be just another achievement in the Queen of Pop’s long and successful career.

oh yeah yes GIF

doppelganger

15k streaming numbers is really impressive for Madonna. Caution had only 8k.  

I'm not a fan of bundles but I don't think it's not fair. Artists cannot rely on bundles every single time especially when they aren't good performers. 

Edit : plus it's a small tour anyway. I think Madonna can still sell out arenas. 

shoful

Yessss!!! This album deserves all the acclaim it is getting! It is a true return to form. I have had it on repeat since release and I cannot get enough 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

ChavaWM

I can't believe I'm here defending Madonna but damn, those she has personally victimized really broke their hips sprinting in here being negative.

I hope she does get a #1, not many female pop artist are experimenting with sounds anymore, especially at her age. So good for her. 

Queen Bitch
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

Dancing Queen, Cher’s 26th album debuted with 153k units, and out of those 150k were pure sales. Madame X is Madonna’s 14th album. 

Still Cher has never had a #1 album in the US.  The only thing she's a goddess of, is a Goddess of Cover Songs. And congratulations to Cher for getting a higher Metacritic with an Abba cover album, which is probably the safest type of cover album she could do. 

RoverLoader

I think even in the space of a year actual sales have really really dropped. If Cher were to release that album today, I doubt it would get as high pure sales figures. Also, let's not forget that the album was more or less a tie up with Mama mia 2, an extremely popular franchise. However, not gonna take away from her achievement, those numbers are amazing for a 26th album, even if it is popular covers,

RoverLoader
3 hours ago, doppelganger said:

Edit : plus it's a small tour anyway. I think Madonna can still sell out arenas. 

The Spice Girls are selling out STADIUM tours in the UK. Madonna can certainly still sell out arenas and stadiums.

Didymus
4 hours ago, Adarsh said:

:koons:

You tried. But Dancing Queen is a cover album of legendary ABBA (!) songs and it was written about my music critics accordingly, making its Metacritic score (which is based on just 10 reviews btw) unworthy for comparison to others.

I hope you don't seriously think she would've sold as much if it was another critically bashed original studio album.

Archived