Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's "You Need to Calm Down" leads to spike in GLAAD donations

smokingthemall

Featured Posts

smokingthemall

(Billboard)

taylor%20swift%20LOVER.jpg

"According to TMZ, since the release on midnight on Friday (June 14), there has been an influx of donations to GLAAD, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. GLAAD also started a Facebook fundraiser for fans to support the LGBTQ advocacy work for Pride month, with $1300 as a goal since 13 is the pop star's lucky number."

"GLAAD has yet to publicly confirm the correlation between Swift's song and the donations, they organizion has been shouting out the catchy tune on Twitter, and is selling a limited edition sticker with the song's lyrics."

chase your big, beautiful dreams

Gracious Gaga

I’m glaad that something good came out of that horrible cringey lyric 

♄ Kindness Police.

weed

doing the Lord's work despite all the pressedt gays :applause:

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, neptugne said:

doing the Lord's work despite all the pressedt gays :applause:

When Trump was elected the ACLU got millions in spiked donations, doesn't mean we should praise Trump for it

Purr more, hiss less.

funkyhaus

For those complaining about her using LBGT+ for sales (and any brand that capitalizes on Pride month etc), it ultimately benefits the cause and supports us :ohwell:

Squeeshy Keety

I think it has something more to do with Dan Howell coming out at the same time, who has a massive fanbase, than just 'Why be mad when you can be GLAAD' and 'Shade never made anyone less gay,' but great news nonetheless :party:

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

Kimmo

Not enough, I’m expecting more if she wants my approval...

giphy.gif

She makes 1 Million sales first week for almost every album, give us more coins sis...

giphy.gif

Hottie Detector

Donna Noble
50 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

She makes 1 Million sales first week for almost every album, give us more coins sis...

giphy.gif

She needs to pay the bills too, she must have difficulty keeping the heating on with her 320 million dollars

Government Hooker-eh

highlikegaga

when she pays back all of the gheys student loans. THEN she'd be considered an ally.:ohwell:

Versace
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I’m glaad that something good came out of that horrible cringey lyric 

You Need To Calm Down 

tumblr_nye2jez7xc1tuej5fo6_250.gif

DelusionalGaga

Donations to a cause are always good but let's not pretend like those people suddenly decided to care about the LGBTQ+. It has everything to do with the fact that Taylor's fans are crazy and would do anything for their snake lord. 

Archived