Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's "You Need to Calm Down" leads to spike in GLAAD donations

smokingthemall

Featured Posts

beaublue
1 hour ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

I think it has something more to do with Dan Howell coming out at the same time, who has a massive fanbase, than just 'Why be mad when you can be GLAAD' and 'Shade never made anyone less gay,' but great news nonetheless :party:

Lmao how do you correlate someone who has nothing to do with the organization to an influx of donations when there’s a direct correlation between Taylor’s new song & the organization? Did he tell his fans to go donate to GLAAD in his stereotypical coming out vid on YouTube? Haven’t watched it cause I don’t know who he is but I’m pretty sure there’s no GLAAD advertising or him shouting “go donate cause I’m gay!” Lol

Versace
10 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Donations to a cause are always good but let's not pretend like those people suddenly decided to care about the LGBTQ+. It has everything to do with the fact that Taylor's fans are crazy and would do anything for their snake lord. 

Aren’t you exaggerating a bit or does it come with the name 

ConcreteDelightfulAruanas-size_restricte

DelusionalGaga
8 minutes ago, Versace said:

Aren’t you exaggerating a bit or does it come with the name 

ConcreteDelightfulAruanas-size_restricte

How exactly am I exaggerating? Her albums and tours sell out like crazy, her videos get a huge amount of views and GLAAD receives a load of donations after she name-droppes them. Her fans would throw money into a fire if she told them to. Or do you actually believe that a song with lyrics as vague as YNTCD would actually make some impact for the queer community? Lmao but go off and call me delusional :ladyhaha:

Serial Chiller
17 hours ago, Spock said:

Invented gay rights 

Madonna, Gaga, and those who actually gave a damn about gay rights when it wasn’t cool, sweeties, I’m sorry. 

xoxojohnwayne
18 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I’m glaad that something good came out of that horrible cringey lyric 

can u just not

RAMROD

Hate her all you want, TS  obviously more impactful than you think she is.

17 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

let's not pretend like those people suddenly decided to care about the LGBTQ+. It has everything to do with the fact that Taylor's fans are crazy and would do anything for their snake lord. 

If those fanatism get them to do good things, why does it to be shamed? :shrug:

Wish some of Gaga fans here would do the same than bashing Gaga, their own faves, for selling thousand dollars jacket that will fund her BTWF that helped young LGBTQ from being homeless and get treatment from depressions, just in the name of "opinions" and "not delusional kind of fans". But busy about wishing LGbTQ get more attention on social media like some vapid instagram influencers. People need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DelusionalGaga
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

If those fanatism get them to do good things, why does it to be shamed? :shrug:

Because it's not actual support out of firm belief but just blind fanatism. I mean would they stand up to her if she suddenly decided to promote something bad instead e.g. homophobia?

I am personally more comfortable with people who actually believe that my community is worth supporting rather than just because a popstar told them to. :shrug:

gagaweekly

Why a lot of peoples are assuming that Taylor is being an ally for just commercial success? It's not the first time she mentions a lgbt right issues in her lyrics, she donated a lot of money for it, she promoted equality law, and I don't remember saying something homophobic in past (except Picture to Burn:toofunny:)

Of course I don't know why she supports LGBT issues, but why don't we focus on positive things she is doing which is helpful for our community. I think it would not be late to criticize her when she is revealed as a "fake ally" or something.  Just a assumption, but if male  celebrity did this kind of thing,  I don't think it would cause a backlash like this.

Archived