Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Are billboards numbers legit

Louvre

Featured Posts

Arturo
1 hour ago, Gypsy Life said:

Those streaming numbers are "on-demand". They don't include YouTube.

Billboard, however, are very inconsistent when it comes to separating on-demand streams and overall streams in their articles.

You should also remember that Pandora for example counts for Billboard, and they get halved for charts, but not to RIAA certifications at all. It's all very confusing.

I think they include youtube. They def do for Shallow and Million Reasons numbers. For her earlier stuff, I think there was a cut off point where Nielsen started counting streaming maybe like 2010 or 2011? Maybe even later. That would result in the discrepancy between the amount of streams BB reported in February 2019 and the streams being used for RIAA (which would include numbers from even before Nielsen started counting)

4 hours ago, Maleficent said:

i'm just mainly shook my this. this seems like an absurdly high number--who decides this? 

i think it's the ammount of streams that sums up to the cost they'd pay the artist for one purchase 

ice heard one side from above

Cherubjudas
4 hours ago, Economy said:

But that's globally I don't think it was for the US

Im almost sure she only had 2 singles surpass the 6M mark in the US and it was Poker Face and Just Dance

Both poker face and just dance crossed 7M in USA.Im talking about  sales

CataleyaDeters
7 hours ago, Economy said:

But that's globally I don't think it was for the US

Im almost sure she only had 2 singles surpass the 6M mark in the US and it was Poker Face and Just Dance

they are both at 7 Million now :D 

Cataleya Deters

Archived