💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

The Fame music videos uploaded to 1080p on Youtube

bornthispunk

Featured Posts

Saint Gaga
2 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Every Born This Way music video has an excellent storyline, great choreography, beautiful cinematography, and insane creativity. :vegas:

Born this way mv is so messy & dark...Edge of Glory has no story line & has zero creativity...Marry the night has a good concept,but really long & has very low replay value.. You & I has great visuals & choreo...But what was the  story though?? It was all over the place...so we've only Judas left:vegas:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haralampos

All the music videos were made for music channels back then and the standards for the masters was in SD and interlaced. YouTube introduced VEVO in late 2009 and HD and that's the real reason that record labels started making HD masters and not about HDTV. Now, some artists or directors have HD masters for their archive even before 2010 'cause the technology wasn't new anyway. Also record labels don't care about old videos with proper remasters and they're not going to act soon if there is not a big deal for them.

good

now waiting for Beautiful, Dirty, Rich, Eh Eh, LoveGame and Paparazzi to be updated to HD

tenor.gif?itemid=5916845

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Defmix100
On 6/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, Unbeweavable said:

360p was youtubes highest quality viewing option back then :air: we already know the BR fully HD MV doesn't exist, all the tour screen versions were just cuts from the filming tapes, they didn't put together the music video in a higher quality than we got

that's not true I have a video at 480p uploaded in 2008 and 1080p in Feb 2010, not sure how soon before Feb they allowed 1080p though

JustTea
14 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Was the video only filmed in 480p?

According to the making of video, looks like it was shot in 4:3 with Super 35mm film, which has basically 20-24 Megapixels. That means it's footage is close to 8K resolution, but they probably didn't edit/export it with high resolution... :wtf: 

latest?cb=20111120115415

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich MV was also 4:3 pre-Vevo, but they cropped it to 16:9 :duck:

Lona Delery

this looks upscaled and not real 1080p uhm so basically the same quality as before.

as someone already pointed out, those videos were probably never rendered in 1080p since YouTube's max resolution used to be 480p until 2010 or smth, so if they aren't going to find the project files on some random harddisk and actually export it in 1080p again, they'd basically have to start from zero and edit all the MVs from scratch, and they'd obviously never do that

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Defmix100
33 minutes ago, PoggersFace said:

According to the making of video, looks like it was shot in 4:3 with Super 35mm film, which has basically 20-24 Megapixels. That means it's footage is close to 8K resolution, but they probably didn't edit/export it with high resolution... :wtf: 

latest?cb=20111120115415

Beautiful, Dirty, Rich MV was also 4:3 pre-Vevo, but they cropped it to 16:9 :duck:

I don't think it was shot 4:3 because that Interscope documentary thing showed a take from Poker Face and it was widescreen unless they cropped in

Defmix100
16 hours ago, Quartz said:

Guys, we're gonna get something soon. Higher quality MVs is not a coincidence. They know people will watch her old stuff when she releases NEW material. Mark my words.

I genuinely think this happened because they play her music videos in the Haus of Gaga, I think at the time of sourcing they probably thought "these are better quality than what we have online we should reupload these versions"

JustTea
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

I don't think it was shot 4:3 because that Interscope documentary thing showed a take from Poker Face and it was widescreen unless they cropped in

Watch this and tell me it's not 4:3 screen at 1:12 :trollga:

Defmix100
7 minutes ago, PoggersFace said:

Watch this and tell me it's not 4:3 screen at 1:12 :trollga:

you're right, I was just going off of this (must be cropped)

Cassidyfal

how do they just change the quality? Lol i don't remember it being bad quality

Biggest Fan
On 6/14/2019 at 5:47 PM, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

LoveGame and Paparazzi aren't tho

We need LoveGame ‼️‼️‼️‼️

🤖

StarstruckIllusion
On 6/16/2019 at 6:21 PM, Lona Delery said:

this looks upscaled and not real 1080p uhm so basically the same quality as before.

as someone already pointed out, those videos were probably never rendered in 1080p since YouTube's max resolution used to be 480p until 2010 or smth, so if they aren't going to find the project files on some random harddisk and actually export it in 1080p again, they'd basically have to start from zero and edit all the MVs from scratch, and they'd obviously never do that

Umm??!?! Why not?!

Archived