💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Slate: "YNTCD is a cringeworthy attempt to write another Born This Way”

Username239

Featured Posts

McYves

Cringy as ****. I like Taylor Swift and I loved 1989 and some songs from Reputation (and some older singles also) but I CAN'T with this era. To be completely honest it feels reductive. Anyways, let's wait til the full album is released. But ME! and now this? I can't.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno
11 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Thanks for only reading the first sentence of my post. Maybe read the rest of it and then we can have a real conversation. Instead of taking bits and pieces to make an argument about nothing 

I read every sentence and have no idea what you're talking about. Your whole post was about Taylor releasing something just to make money and that there are better ways of being an ally, and I answered you saying Taylor and Trump are not comparable and that she's just doing her part like any other ally.  She's acknowledging Pride Month with a single, something that everyone, even homophobes, will be listening to. So, everything I said was a response to your whole post ;) maybe you should read my answer better.

16 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Sorry, LGBT people are not fighting for allyship scraps in the year 2019. Taylor's indebted to them, not the other way around. YNTCD wouldn't exist without queer slang and gay people have every right to discuss a song "for them" thats really about her lame self. 

Allyship scraps?? :ladyhaha: foda-se, again, some of you should really live in an age where no one would show support for you. Seriously, to think that LGBT can be this ungrateful.

Am I the only one that is low-key already bopping along to the lyrics?

I like the beat and I don't care if it's childish. Life is more fun as a kid anyway. Don't take everything so seriously babes.

giphy.gif

LordEnigma
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

we f*cking get it it's the worst song ever bla bla bla you dont need to post every f*cking review. There were also positive reviews but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUVK Puta Swift

I'm hardcore triggered, gimme WPs or smth idc

Grow up - and get used to this. Not everyone is going to love everything you like/do :ladyhaha:

Stephen

Its NOTHING like btw :lmao:

I'm not a TS fan but the lengths people go to to discredit people they don't like is really insane. Been seeing it with Katy and Madonna as well recently. Everyone needs to lighten up. 

holy scheisse
56 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I don't agree with the queer-bating criticism at all (I'm on Twitter all the f*cking time and I've never heard any mass, hysterical speculation about Swift's sexuality), but this bit is spot on: 

Nearly identical to what I said in one of the million YNTCD threads yesterday. It's just lame!

And the people getting angry that some queer people have the audacity to criticize a straight celebrity trying to signal their allyship in this particular way with this particular corny song: We don't have to suck up to these people! We don't have blindly thank straights for any self-serving, branded™ cynical support they give us simply because they're not homophobic! :saladga: 

Not all displays of support are effective and we're allowed to criticize them. More radical, angry queer politics and less stan bs. please. :madge:

I like you n this :flutter:

Pray4FameGa
37 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Yes, yes we are. :trollga:

Well, you don’t speak for me... :ally:

TheRealJT
44 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I read every sentence and have no idea what you're talking about. Your whole post was about Taylor releasing something just to make money and that there are better ways of being an ally, and I answered you saying Taylor and Trump are not comparable and that she's just doing her part like any other ally.  She's acknowledging Pride Month with a single, something that everyone, even homophobes, will be listening to. So, everything I said was a response to your whole post ;) maybe you should read my answer better.

Oh, I asked the wrong question. I should of asked if you understood my post instead of questioning if you could read it. 

I’m done having a discussion with you. Your reading comprehension skills are too lacking to have a productive conversation. 

Keep on bopping to the song. Snakes and stones never broke my bones and all that jazz. 

Quoting Marina: Question what a pop star sells you 

weed

the sense of authority some people have :rip: y'all literally randoms on the internet! humble yourselves

ltlmnstr

@OG Gaga Stan I can’t quote you on mobile but Tumblr has hundreds of “Taylor is secretly bisexual” posts

It didn’t help matters when she started to change the pronouns of her songs singing them live to hint at queerness.

”And her and her...”

So is she pandering or not...I can’t give you an answer. I just know Corporations need to get the fcuk out of Pride. 

funkyhaus
2 hours ago, monster78619 said:

EDIT: everyone in the comments of the YouTube vid are saying the song is better at 1.25 speed and they ain’t lying :air:

I’ve been listening to it at 1.25 speed since release and it goes awf and i oop whatcha say GIF

LilyLark
7 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

Its NOTHING like btw :lmao:

I'm not a TS fan but the lengths people go to to discredit people they don't like is really insane. Been seeing it with Katy and Madonna as well recently. Everyone needs to lighten up. 

Kind of surprised—I've seen a mostly positive reaction to Katy except for people trashing her for her numbers on the chart (and even if you don't like Katy, people should recognize that the low debut is sad because it's indicative of how f*cked streaming culture is considering the play it's getting on radios, pure sales, etc.).

But yeah, I agree people go overboard with discrediting/dragging folks—especially women artists on here and everywhere. Seriously, sometimes this place is so negative and even Gaga gets caught up in the negativity on here.

*I feel for Taylor. There's some accurate points made in this article, but the media has pretty clearly turned on her to the point that it's like "look at that bish eating her crackers." There's a difference between a calm critique, and some of the batsh*t insane write ups I've seen of her latest song (look at Jezebel's take, for example).

ReidOne

Taylor has a reputation for being extremely calculating. 

This song furthers that reputation. It looks like an extremely calculated attempt at pandering to the gay community. Especially on the heels of another country-pop crossover act, Kacey Musgraves, becoming the new industry darling thanks in part to the mutual affection between her and the gay community. 

Pandering is not allyship. And the rather ham-fisted attempt at trendy gay-friendly lyrics make it seem as if it is pure pandering with little artistic thought put into it. 

The cherry on top is performing at Stonewall tonight. She is going out of her way to get the gay community to get behind this album. 

But, even for all that’s wrong about it, I’ll still take it! Regardless of how it looks, I think her heart is probably in the right place at the end of the day. Coming from a country music background, this will certainly cost her some fans. But it also has the power to influence impressionable young kids in the Midwest US. So I’m glad she’s doing it, even if the execution leaves much to be desired. 

Archived