💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Slate: "YNTCD is a cringeworthy attempt to write another Born This Way”

Username239

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno

I really don't agree. The song is BAD, yes it is, but there's nothing wrong about LGBT support. 

And if gays/queers/whatever feel this is insulting to them... Some of them deserve a little less support I guess.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Othon
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

And if gays/queers/whatever feel this is insulting to them... Some of them deserve a little less support I guess.

What a revolting thing to say. :triggered:

SHALLOW

I don't think she deserves all this hate for a positive song. I'm sure she knew she couldn't make a BTW 2.0 but still decided to show her support. Let's appreciate that!

TheRealJT
2 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I really don't agree. The song is BAD, yes it is, but there's nothing wrong about LGBT support. 

Trump selling rainbow Make America Great Again hats. It supports the LGBT so there’s nothing wrong with it. 

Taylor making this song is akin to corporations selling rainbow merchandise during pride season. 

There’s better ways to be an ally through music. A good example of this is LGBT by Cupcakke. Cupcakke is straight but she was able to make a gay anthem without it looking like an unauthentic scheme to make money 

AlexanderMagno
Just now, OG Gaga Stan said:

What a revolting thing to say. :triggered:

And calling a LGBT-positive song "insultingly out of place" is not revolting? Seriously, have we really reached a point where LGBT people disdain positive support? She waited for Pride Month to release a song against homophobia, so what... You don't want her support? Then yes, you would deserve to live in a decade where you'd actually have absolutely no support.

Evan Peters

how has taylor swift ever queer baited her gay fans? if you seriously spend that much time trying to debate someone's sexuality then......... :awkney: that's on you. you're weird and need a hobby. like, honestly. it's as obnoxious as the people telling shawn to come out. 

anyways, the song is cringey yeah. the author should have left it at that and dipped. 

emma roberts is an abuser

AlexanderMagno
1 minute ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Trump selling rainbow Make America Great Again hats. It supports the LGBT so there’s nothing wrong with it. 

Taylor making this song is akin to corporations selling rainbow merchandise during pride season. 

There’s better ways to be an ally through music. A good example of this is LGBT by Cupcakke. Cupcakke is straight but she was able to make a gay anthem without it looking like an unauthentic scheme to make money 

I knew someone would bring Trump :ladyhaha: seriously? Trumps sells rainbow hats, but the day before approved anti-LGBT laws.

Taylor Swift releases an LGBT song, but did she show any kind of anti-LGBT behaviour? Did she insulted gay fans or something? No.

So, comparing Taylor's ways to Trump's ways is not ok.

It's not even the first time Taylor writes a song where she references LGBT people ("Welcome to New York").

She did something special for Pride Month. Wow, really, shocking how an influencer has the audacity to support Pride Month by releasing a single, something that has the power to reach millions of people. Worse than that, some fans actually donated money to GLAAD, inspired by the song! She didn't even donate money to stop an anti-LGBT law in Tennessee a couple of months ago, she only does these things during Pride Month... You're totally right, there are better ways to be an ally :dry: (no, you're not).

Nosferatu

The song is pretty bad, but if anything I found it to be all over the place. She starts with the whole "haters vs herself" thing, suddenly becomes about gay people, then it moves on to "stop pitting women against each other!"... :emma: The whole "I want world peace!" vibe from it is a bit clumsily done and cringey but that's about it. I didn't feel like she was necessarily trying to create a gay anthem or whatever.

BlingNotTheMusic
31 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

So the LGBT community are just gonna reject her attempts to be an ally until she can write better puns? 

Yes, yes we are. :trollga:

TheRealJT
6 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I knew someone would bring Trump :ladyhaha: seriously? Trumps sells rainbow hats, but the day before approved anti-LGBT laws.

Taylor Swift releases an LGBT song, but did she show any kind of anti-LGBT behaviour? Did she insulted gay fans or something? No.

So, comparing Taylor's ways to Trump's ways is not ok.

It's not even the first time Taylor writes a song where she references LGBT people ("Welcome to New York").

She did something special for Pride Month. Wow, really, shocking how an influencer has the audacity to support Pride Month by releasing a single, something that has the power to reach millions of people. Worse than that, some fans actually donated money to GLAAD, inspired by the song! She didn't even donate money to stop an anti-LGBT law in Tennessee a couple of months ago, she only does these things during Pride Month... You're totally right, there are better ways to be an ally :dry: (no, you're not).

Thanks for only reading the first sentence of my post. Maybe read the rest of it and then we can have a real conversation. Instead of taking bits and pieces to make an argument about nothing 

FlopSlurper

Wow imagine having the privilege to have an artist supporting you without fearing being killed. Also imagine supporting someone and having them be ungrateful and slander your work. What did nicki say about the f***s switching or something? :poot: 

holy scheisse

I don't see this as a born this way esque song. Hmm.

But i do do do believe that Taylor could possibly be LGBTQ . 

Luke78619
17 minutes ago, Bovary said:

I can recommend Never Really Over at 1.25, especially the justbecauseitsoverdoesntmeanitsreallyoverandifIthinkitovermaybeyoullbecomingoveragainandIllhavetogetoveryoualloveragain 

HOLY FECK DASSA MOUTHFULL :air:

still managed to sing along though :staymad:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Archived