I do... one of my friends is crazy about her 

just not my cup of tea :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nswain1110
On 6/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, PoshLife said:

There's so much wrong with this:

1. If being rich and popular makes you above any criticism, then why have a pop music forum at all?

2. Pitchfork is not exactly the New York Times, they're allowed to talk about music regardless of who is president. (and btw Trump has "millions of fans and dollars" too, so he would be "unfazed" as well)

3. And this is just an opinion statement, but... no, this song is NOT a bop :smh: 

Valid points, barring #3 -  as you stated, our opinions on what a bop is very much subjective.  However, I would never suggest that "being rich and popular makes you above any criticism"- that's silly. Are you suggesting I don't have the right to think Pitchfork's article is an overly grandiose dissection of a Pop song that was (very obviously) meant to be lighthearted, FUN and to honor a community that she's an ally of (rhetorical question)? It goes both ways - the article is cynical, misses the point and I didn't enjoy it. And I can express that on a forum (that I LOVE)  in any fashion I'd like, as can you, etc.  Regardless, nothing but love for you  @PoshLife 

P.S. has a good laugh over #2, thanks for that ;-) 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Archived