💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Pitchfork: “Taylor’s new song is really, really bad”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

nswain1110

Bla bla bla - Tay Tay remains unfazed w/ her millions of fans  and dollars. It's a cute bop that pays tribute to her gay fam. Why media outlets are taking the time to pick it apart while we have a bigoted preseident setting the USA back 50 years is beyond me. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou

Idk why but her new music sounds very childish. Like it was written for a  Disney soundtrack.

ltlmnstr
3 hours ago, NCgaga said:

They gays: “Taylor doesn’t do enough policitically and doesn’t stand up for gay rights!”

also the gays: Taylor reaching out to gay fans and making a statement about homophobia during PRIDE MONTH is a cash grab!” 

Gay people are not a monolith.

To throw all gay people into “The Gays” like homophobes do is wrong and throws diverse opinions under the bus.

Discourse around any topic will always include opinions you don’t like.  

gumzy3000
3 hours ago, NCgaga said:

They gays: “Taylor doesn’t do enough policitically and doesn’t stand up for gay rights!”

also the gays: Taylor reaching out to gay fans and making a statement about homophobia during PRIDE MONTH is a cash grab!” 

It’s the way she is doing it. She is a hugely influential celebrity and everything she does is done for a specific reason. This song just screams “look at how woke I am and look at me using gay culture references to show my solidarity with them. Oh, and it’s Pride month and I’m a social justice warrior and I’m so woke and I’m releasing an album soon and I want everyone to buy it... especially the gays because I’m thier new Queen”

I like Taylor but this is not good. It’s an okay song but that’s all it is. 

trolly troll troll

NCgaga
42 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

Gay people are not a monolith.

To throw all gay people into “The Gays” like homophobes do is wrong and throws diverse opinions under the bus.

Discourse around any topic will always include opinions you don’t like.  

It was a joke - Of course not every gay should be put in one category. This was for the gays that gave her a hard time when she was like other pop stars(Rihanna,Beyoncé) who rarely say anything about the LGBT. If you aren’t one of the hypocritical gays that can’t be happy with anything certain pop girls do- then you can keep scrolling because IT DOESN’T APPLY TO YOU. 

Obviously that was an opinion you don’t like. But it is what it is. 

NCgaga
12 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

It’s the way she is doing it. She is a hugely influential celebrity and everything she does is done for a specific reason. This song just screams “look at how woke I am and look at me using gay culture references to show my solidarity with them. Oh, and it’s Pride month and I’m a social justice warrior and I’m so woke and I’m releasing an album soon and I want everyone to buy it... especially the gays because I’m thier new Queen”

I like Taylor but this is not good. It’s an okay song but that’s all it is. 

The way she is doing it? Not even two years ago she was very vocal in voter advocacy in Tennessee to persuade voters to not vote for a misogynistic and homophobic candidate.

Sorry not everyone can be an ally “the perfect way” you want them to be- but at least she is using her power and influence to spread tolerance among her fan base. 

Maleficent

I can't believe the woman who wrote State Of Grace + All Too Well almost solely by herself is know releasing this fluff... where did her songwriting ability go? 

PoshLife
4 hours ago, Kimmo said:
And when she says “shade never made anyone less gay,” she adopts slang with queer black origins in an attempt to create a mic-drop moment, but ends up sounding like another corporation proving they’re “down for the cause” during Pride Month.

oh my god THANK YOU. This is exactly how I feel about the whole song tbh. She waited way too long to have this moment, it just seems really opportunistic and fake to me.

PoshLife
1 hour ago, nswain1110 said:

Bla bla bla - Tay Tay remains unfazed w/ her millions of fans  and dollars. It's a cute bop that pays tribute to her gay fam. Why media outlets are taking the time to pick it apart while we have a bigoted preseident setting the USA back 50 years is beyond me. 

There's so much wrong with this:

1. If being rich and popular makes you above any criticism, then why have a pop music forum at all?

2. Pitchfork is not exactly the New York Times, they're allowed to talk about music regardless of who is president. (and btw Trump has "millions of fans and dollars" too, so he would be "unfazed" as well)

3. And this is just an opinion statement, but... no, this song is NOT a bop :smh: 

StarstruckIllusion

A million times better than ME! at least 

PerfectExca
36 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

The way she is doing it? Not even two years ago she was very vocal in voter advocacy in Tennessee to persuade voters to not vote for a misogynistic and homophobic candidate.

Sorry not everyone can be an ally “the perfect way” you want them to be- but at least she is using her power and influence to spread tolerance among her fan base. 

THIS.

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

RoverLoader

I'm still mysitifed by her success. I don't dislike her at all, but I find her extremely bland and this latest song is very childish.

PartySick

I've only heard it on the radio, it doesn't sound that bad.

My question is does anyone actually hate this girl enough for a song to be dedicated to her haters? :toofunny:

🖤

Archived