Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

When They See Us

Shaney

Featured Posts

Shaney

Has anyone else seen this amazing "TV" show on Netflix? (four, hour long episodes)

I bawled my eyes out three separate times. I've never seen a show hit me so hard like this one. I definitely recommend watching this as it highlights PERFECTLY the racism that exists here in America.

When-They-See-Us-Netflix-Ava-DuVernay.jp

Description:

"Created, written and directed by Ava DuVernay, this series exposes the breakdown of the U.S. criminal justice system during the Central Park Five case."

theahsfan

I want to but usually I'm not a fan of biopic shows and this seems like it'll be quite depressing 

Morphine Prince

YES, incredible!!! It had a big emotional impact on me. 

Please watch this. It is infuriating and sad but so needed to open people’s eyes to the injustices in this world. 

Shaney
3 hours ago, theahsfan said:

I want to but usually I'm not a fan of biopic shows and this seems like it'll be quite depressing 

You should! It's mostly sad but definitely has its happy scenes.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, theahsfan said:

It's an important show to watch. Its like Schindlers List. Its a tough watch but thats exactly why you must watch. 

I am heartened to see such emotional reactions from viewers. The blatant injustice is being met with sympathy and rage, as it should (as it should have decades ago). But what really surprisex me was this outrage being felt so intensely overseas that THEY are making moves to correct these wrongs over there! Was it a few 10ks of Britons signed a petition to rwmover Linda Fairsteins books from all store?

The power :saladga:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

• 3 months later...
nodandsmile

This was the hardest thing I've ever watched oh my goodness! But it was so well done and especially well acted, now I get all those acting noms at the Emmys and Jharrel Jerome better win!

Also ... **** Linda Fairstein!

TheQueenLG
29 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

This was the hardest thing I've ever watched oh my goodness! But it was so well done and especially well acted, now I get all those acting noms at the Emmys and Jharrel Jerome better win!

Also ... **** Linda Fairstein!

Linda was played perfectly by Vera Farmiga. You know it's a good performance when you develop a visceral hatred of the villain... I know I did!

nodandsmile
22 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Linda was played perfectly by Vera Farmiga. You know it's a good performance when you develop a visceral hatred of the villain... I know I did!

Linda was played by Felicity Huffman (the blond lady), Vera played Elizabeth Lederer!

TheQueenLG
43 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Linda was played by Felicity Huffman (the blond lady), Vera played Elizabeth Lederer!

I meant Elizabeth Lederer! Lol. Me being a flop fan as usual! :huntyga:

nodandsmile
2 hours ago, TheQueenLG said:

I meant Elizabeth Lederer! Lol. Me being a flop fan as usual! :huntyga:

Yeah lol. **** her too  :huntyga:  heard she lost her job as a university professor!

Someone was telling me that I should watch this because of how good it was. I don't like watching stuff like this, though, because it makes me uncomfortable.

Archived