Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Not All Pokémon Can Be Imported Into Sword and Shield

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

l4idvmh43lukhcip4rdh.jpg

While the recently-announced Pokémon Bank replacement, Pokémon Home, was built to be a service that collects all of players’ pocket monsters in one place, not every pocket monster players store in Pokémon Home will be able to be transferred into Pokémon Sword and Shield. Unlike previous entries in the long-running monster RPG series, which allowed Pokémon from multiple generations to be traded and imported, Pokémon Sword and Shield draws the line at Pokémon appearing in the Galar region Pokédex. 

“In previous games that worked with the Pokémon Bank service, you were able to, for example in Sun and Moon, bring over any Pokémon even if they weren’t in the Alola Pokédex,” Masuda said via a translator during the presentation. “With the transition to the Nintendo Switch hardware, with it being much more powerful and allowing us to be much more expressive with each of the individual Pokémon, and now we’re well over 800 Pokémon species in the games.”

According to Masuda, developer Game Freak spent a lot of time thinking about the best way to move forward, taking into account battle balance and development time, and came up with a new direction—limiting Pokémon imports to those in Sword and Shield’s specific Pokédex.

https://kotaku.com/not-all-pokemon-can-be-imported-into-sword-and-shield-1835446885?utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook

Tom Nook

I’m glad the Pokémon subreddit and Twitter is being very vocal about this situation, Gamefreak needs to step their püssy up or have Nintendo take complete control over the IP :grr: just because the Galar region is based on the UK doesn’t mean we need to do Poké Brexit as well 

#BringBackNationalDex

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Awakened M

This is probably the biggest uproar since the Sonic the Hedgehog movie trailer mess.

It's sad to hear this. I'm willing to bet that the fans of the franchise could do a far better job assisting with the overall National Pokedex balancing than the actual development team. 

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

A few weeks ago people were angry about game companies overworking employees, and now people are angry that this game company isn't overworking employees by making them do work on 900 unique high quality character models 

tomsches

I don't mind. I'm still going to binge-play this game. I care more about the new pokemon instead of some random old pokemon from Gen4 or whatever. 

Serial Chiller

I am SOOOO pissed at this. And they had the audacity to introduce "Pokemon Home" where you can "migrate your monsters from past games" to Sw/Sh. Yeah, more like Pokemon Prison where all non-Galar mon would be stuck in limbo forever. All the announcements so far range from meh to wtf?, except for the new Pokemon designs. Dynamax was barf, and now this. I'm almost certain they are rushing this game out just so they can cash in on the holiday season. Greedy lying ass. 

buttsicle

So all my Pokemon I've had emotional attachments to since Pokemon Emerald are gonna collect dust on Ultra Moon now, since I actually still use them all in like battle facilities and such :noparty: I knew the removal of the National Dex in Sun/Moon was a warning sign, they could've just easily pushed the date back. I'd rather they take the time to make the game perfect than leaving it semi-incomplete. Game-freak once again proving that they're going down the drain hole :duck: everything since X and Y has felt weirdly rushed.

WOOHOO YAHAA

Tom Nook
8 minutes ago, jsn said:

A few weeks ago people were angry about game companies overworking employees, and now people are angry that this game company isn't overworking employees by making them do work on 900 unique high quality character models 

The thing is they manage to have all 802 at the time Pokémon rendering and walking animations left unused in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Even the ones used in Pokémon GO are the same ones used in the 3DS games.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-players-find-cut-walking-feature-t-1789710625

The excuse is that Gamefreak is an “indie” company even though they’ve been handling a multi-million dollar franchise, it seems like they don’t wanna put the effort to create a AAA developer team for a AAA title and the cutting corners are starting to show in the games.

Also the Nintendo fanbase has applauded Nintendo for delaying Animal Crossing: New Horizons to ensure high quality gameplay without sacrificing employee health and mediocre rollout. Nobody minds a delay if it meant that it’ll be worth it at the end. Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”

Serial Chiller
22 minutes ago, jsn said:

Go get informed. All the standard animations run/walk/attacking for all Gen 1-7 Pokemon have already been created and were even coded into USUM, a handheld system, not a full-fledged home console. All those models were created with future games in mind, meaning they have high enough resolutions to not look botched on the Switch even though only the low res ones were used for USUM. 

And there won't be "unique high quality" animations. The treehouse gameplay footage showed Scorbunny using Double Kick the exact same laughable way Pikachu did in LGPE, the exact same way it was on the 3DS 3d games. Their lying ass couldn't come up with a better excuse. 

There were 153 mons in LGPE, on the Switch, and where are all the unique high quality animations? They even took away the Pokemon care/Amii function so they didn't even have to include the feeding/petting interactions and emotions. 

Also, Pokemon is THE MOST profittable franchise in the whole world. Not one of the. The number 1. So is it wrong for people to expect them to deliver? It's Nintendo - Gamefreak. Not some indie game company. Boo hoo. 

Andreu

And that's why they shouldn't have kept adding such an immense number of Pokemon. Because obviously, I see their point. But on the other hand I'd love to play with my favourite pokemon from other generations.

buttsicle

Also Game-freak, I thought it was 'Catch Em All' not 'Catch A Large Selection Of Them But Certainly Not All Of Them, No' :selena: For the #1 franchise in the world, your branding really isn't there.

WOOHOO YAHAA

Tom Nook
5 minutes ago, TROLLGA said:

So all my Pokemon I've had emotional attachments to since Pokemon Emerald are gonna collect dust on Ultra Moon now, since I actually still use them all in like battle facilities and such :noparty: I knew the removal of the National Dex in Sun/Moon was a warning sign, they could've just easily pushed the date back. I'd rather they take the time to make the game perfect than leaving it semi-incomplete. Game-freak once again proving that they're going down the drain hole :duck: everything since X and Y has felt weirdly rushed.

The 3DS era has been a mess :neyde: the DS era was truly her peak. It sucks knowing I probably won’t be able to play with my Hoenn team which has my first Sceptile, on the Switch. All my teams and shinies stuck on the 3DS.

katy-perry-pajamas.jpg

D81IroyXsAUYQzX?format=jpg&name=medium

buttsicle
Just now, Gardevoir said:

The 3DS era has been a mess :neyde: the DS era was truly her peak. It sucks knowing I probably won’t be able to play with my Hoenn team which has my first Sceptile, on the Switch. All my teams and shinies stuck on the 3DS.

Gen 5 was truly a gift :saladga: no awful gimmicks that get abandoned the next gen. Just a good region, a good story and actual challenge which has been lacking since X and Y.

Platinum was an amazing game too, minus the awful slowness of everything :messga: I felt like normal trainers were brick walls every time I came across them. Now I come across a trainer in Sun/Moon and it just feels like I'm steamrolling over them.

WOOHOO YAHAA

Archived