Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Ecuador legalizes same-sex marriage

Featured Posts

Diente

Ecuador Court votes to legalize same-sex marriage in landmark decision  :party:

It becomes the 6th country in Latin America in making it legal, following Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Colombia and most parts of Mexico.

Costa Rica will join the list next year. 

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/ecuador-marriage-equality-constitutional-court/#gs.imzcyb

Edited by Vegas
don’t want your sex, just want your money
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 9

Galagala
1 minute ago, Michael Lucas said:

Mexico is located in North America.

:selena:

Diente
2 minutes ago, Michael Lucas said:

edited to not start another geography drama! 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

KatieJudasGaga4
4 minutes ago, Michael Lucas said:

We know....

@Vegas didn't say it was located in South America.

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel, But I’m still in love with Judas, baby
  • Like 1

Jose P

The YASSSSSSSSS OMG IM SO HAPPY!!!

And Costa Rica, gurl, I hope you join the list sooner than later. You teach this Central American countries how it’s done!

Edited by Jose P

KatieJudasGaga4

It feels great seeing the progression worldwide. I just hate witnessing the US going backwards.

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel, But I’m still in love with Judas, baby

Diente
4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

We know....

@Vegas didn't say it was located in South America.

To be fear I did talk about South American countries before Editing :selena: but that’s a topic for another thread :ally:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jorget

Most of Southamerica looking great as it should...

250px-State_recognition_of_same-sex_rela

Peru is probably next...

Spoiler

Maybe in 2024... This country is a homophobic mess. But eh, I guess it's still something.

Bolivia, Paraguay, Guyana... who tf hurt you?

It's still nice to see that millions of people already have the opportunity to marry who they love.  :heart:

How to forgive someone who does not want to be forgiven?
  • Like 1

Gagz4Gaga

All these latino gheys humping each other and being in love and happy, UGH MY HOMOPHOBIC BACKWARD THINKING MISERABLE COUNTRY CANT RELATE :selena:

AdmistTheLight

I'm sitting on my Asian ass waiting for our turn. Congratulation to you guys in Ecuador ❤❤

Liberaté mi amor

Diente
4 minutes ago, Jorget said:

Most of Southamerica looking great as it should...

250px-State_recognition_of_same-sex_rela

Peru is probably next...

Hide contents

Maybe in 2024... This country is a homophobic mess. But eh, I guess it's still something.

Bolivia, Paraguay, Guyana... who tf hurt you?

It's still nice to see that millions of people already have the opportunity to marry who they love.  :heart:

I lived in Lima for a while and it truly felt like gay paradise, at least compared to Panama :bradley: Rupaul's queens basically live half of the time there. I guess it's not the same reality for other parts of the country?

Jorget
9 hours ago, Vegas said:

I lived in Lima for a while and it truly felt like gay paradise, at least compared to Panama :bradley: Rupaul's queens basically live half of the time there. I guess it's not the same reality for other parts of the country?

Well you gotta tell me your gay spots then. :huntyga: 

I mean "yes", there are lots of gays bars, drag queens and LGBT people in general but that doesn't mean society accepts them. If you see a gay person on TV, it's always the gay cliché. Trans people and gay people are always the butt of the joke.

Peru  is a very complicated society: racism, religion, homophobia, "machismo", etc. Being born here I can say that more and more people are beggining to accept us but it's mostly the wealthier people so it'll take a while. We'll get there, but not as soon as I'd like. 

I live in Lima and I still see homophobia quite often (family/friends/strangers), now it is even harder for those kids who grow up in smaller villages in the Andes for example. Homosexuality is basically non-existant. On the other hand, LGBT people are still being murdered here.

What's it like in Panama? I mean it might not be a gay paradise, but it's still a paradise. :huntyga:

How to forgive someone who does not want to be forgiven?