Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
question

Do you want LG6 to be an evolution or a resurgence?

Title  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Title

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan

A reinvention, but still do dance music. Namely, I want her to do house music. Something groovy and funky, but edgy and electronic. That’s why I’m most excited about her collaborations with Boys Noize over everyone else. I’d rather her do something modern and contemporary, like Future House.

I don’t want her to do “DarkGa” again. She would just be resting on her laurels and relying on her legacy, instead of moving forward. And FYI, Lady Gaga has never been truly “dark”. There was always that glimmer of hope and that sense of optimism in her “dark” visuals and music.

I’m a Bad Kid and I will survive

FfFfFfFF

I think the first case will apply to LG6 in the sense that will be a new genre and imagery and an experimental sound and the second one to the album after (even though she doesn't make the same thing twice, so it will still be something new but heavy on the dance-pop side).

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

Sid
56 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I want a new level of disco so I can live in a club until Trump is gone.

I.....could not agree more :trollga:

...ıllıllı G A G A ıllıllı...

Ronk
18 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

A reinvention, but still do dance music. Namely, I want her to do house music. Something groovy and funky, but edgy and electronic. That’s why I’m most excited about her collaborations with Boys Noize over everyone else. I’d rather her do something modern and contemporary, like Future House.

I don’t want her to do “DarkGa” again. She would just be resting on her laurels and relying on her legacy, instead of moving forward. And FYI, Lady Gaga has never been truly “dark”. There was always that glimmer of hope and that sense of optimism in her “dark” visuals and music.

She could reinvent herself by doing something truly dark for one album, or part of an album.  Something like dark metal, black metal, or death metal.   I'm not suggesting she stays with that very long.  Or something like this, the chilling effect when a metal singer does a Christmas song ... she has the vocal ability for this:

I live in an alternate universe.
  • Like 1

Suspiria

I think your wording is confusing... "evolving" doesn't mean completely changing. Evolving would be taking what she's done before but making it more advanced and improved.

Personally I would like that kind of evolution... doing what she did before (high concept electronic dance-pop with a message), but more mature, intelligent, complex and extreme. I'm not that interested in seeing her explore reggae or trap:laughga:

• Like 1

DumDumDardiDa92

Dark Ga 100% for me! Also i dont get why people think this would be repeating her self? There are so many routes she can still explore with dark pop! Ill always support her but the day she goes back to this style, ill be a very happy monster! 

• Like 3

RochestrMonstr

I see no reason it can't be both.  There are many new things she could do with a darker themed era that she hasn't done before.  It wouldn't have to be a repeat of TFM/BTW, it could be something entirely new and different.  

I still think LG6 will be more electronic than Joanne and ASIB, but will showcase her vocals and talent much more than her early albums did. 

• Like 1

ZwRaven
3 hours ago, Aleks said:

I personally would love for her to do something dark again.

But I feel like she and her label might try to play it safe after her success with Joanne/ASIB which were more natural/down to earth.

See I think she's going to do exactly the opposite. If there is one thing we know about her it's she hates doing what she's told or the logical next move (this is also what made Bowie so great). It's the fact she is willing to do the outrageous, both musically and visually is what her career was build on. Imo it's what she's gonna go back to with "a ridiculous spin on it" of course.  She's a metal and rock head at heart and I think we will see some of that again.

Edited by ZwRaven
  • Like 2

ZwRaven
3 hours ago, StrangeClerk said:

We've seen FameGa, DarkGa, GayGa, EDMGa, YeehawGa, JazzGa, OscarGa

I AM READY FOR SPACE-HOOKERGA TO ENTER MY SPACE STATION 

spaceballs GIF

I'd love to see metalGa, but I'm sure I am in the minority.

• YAAAS 1

holy scheisse

I would love allllll of that. Gimme allladatttttt

badgirlmeat

i want something that she hasn't done, anything new and experimental while still being pop-esque :vegas:

🤠

FoxyLady

why not both. Reinvention of Pop with a dark twist. Dark is always good.

NO NO NO

JustJames

By now, LG and her team HAVE to know that her core fanbase and even beyond now revere ARTPOP as one of the most underrated moments in recent pop history. The failure of LG+Team to promote and communicate the vision and concepts of the piece of art she delivered (which, to me, the album from start-to-finish is truly a singular work of art with a very cohesive theme and understandable approach) changed the pop genre from days when you had LG, Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Kesha, Taylor, Miley, Beyonce, and more delivering monster hits that were both radio-friendly and club-worthy.

Like, I'm happy Kesha showed the world that she could actually sing and hope she found peace in 'Praying,' but would cry for 1 night where I could live like we were going to Die Young. I'm happy Katy has found her groove again, but nothing will match being able to just enjoy the nostalgic, fun vibes that release-after-release from Teenage Dream and PRISM gave. I would much rather be trying to understand why Britney kept cutting her success short with bad Singles selection (Womanizer being her first #1 since her debut, Circus at #3, and then leaving bops like 'Shattered Glass,' 'Inside Out,' 'How I Roll,' and 'Gasoline' on the chopping block for 'Radar' (the unwanted Ground Hog's Day edition), 'Criminal') than wondering if she is alive. 

Whatever Gaga does next, I want it to do what TF+TFM did in 2008-2009 and bring back the pop superstar who had their look, message, sound, and visuals on all media at an untouchable high. I want it to be what ARTPOP did but never communicated- the elevation of all creative outputs by letting them build upon each other. Venus was a masterpiece because you could Dance to it, it oozed Sex, was intellectual yet inventive in its lyrics and Art visuals, and was relatable without being generic in its Pop amazingness.

ARTPOP and Pop deserved so much more than Applause, DWUW (sans video), and G.U.Y. (rushed release and lost in all of the drama). Where would music be if the GP had known we missed out on Venus, Gyspy, MANiCURE, Sexxx Dreams?WHY DOESN'T THE WORLD KNOW THAT LADY GAGA'S ASS IS FAMOUS (Venus reference if lost)? I want her to set out a flawless plan to revive Pop and follow through with it regardless of the popularity of a promo single, regardless of the reception of a single that was a risk, regardless of what her label says. I want her to look at the music landscape, her GP perception, and the upcoming music drops. Aside from BTW, I want an era that doesn't stop after 3 singles.

It may already be too late, but she killed the momentum that The Sound of Music, AHS, and TSB gave her when she released Joanne and gave up after PI (that MR MV? Come on!). She essentially wasted an ENTIRE album by not releasing another single off ASIB. And, if she doesn't drop soon, she will have wasted the opportunity to do what VERY few artists get a chance at: total and full comeback from freefall to literal #1. Shallow hit #1 6 months after its release; without a MV; well after the hype of ASIB the movie; without ANY proper support and promotion.

LG was being talked about like she was the day after Bad Romance was released. For God's sake, drop 'ENIGMA: The Unreleased and Unforgettable Hits' with Animal, Freakshow, and No Way as singles. DO SOMETHING. Please. :( 

Edited by JustJames
edits
  • YAAAS 1