45 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

3. G.U.Y

lady gaga please GIF

Overall Score: 9.36

Highest Score: 11 @Phoebe Buffay @DiamondKing @Donna Noble @PerfectGUY @ThaFame

Lowest Score: 3 @rumours

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@Fame Romance: Love the production and female empowering lyrics.
@Mirages: slapping bop
@Andreu: Love the instrumental Zedd mande (or did he ?) even tho the lyrics don't end up making a lot of sense. I feel like Gaga wanted to express so much in this song she ended up expressing nothing.
@PinkPop: Hearing a few seconds clip of this, I couldn’t wait to hear the full thing and I wasn’t disappointed. G.U.Y. carries a strong message about women (and men) holding their own in their lives all wrapped up in a zingy electronic package.
@GaGaLB: Too autotune in her voice
@Donna Noble: "Power-bottom anthem!
@Ally Campana Generic and one of her weakest tracks. Still enjoyable though.
@Ctouf: With heavy beats and electronic instrumental, this song is a banger. The pre-chorus with the instrumentals gives me LIFE and the meaning of the song is pretty cool.
@Madame Goo Goo: The pre-chorus alone is what makes the song for me
@Monster7: (it aged badly, but the pre-chorus is PERFECT) 
@Satans Ex Wife: The most generic pop track on ARTPOP in my opinion. The lyrics, stacked with double-entendre upon double-entendre, try much too hard to be sexy and feminist and clever and gay-applicable all at the same time.  Also not a fan of the screamed "Nein Zedd!!!" at the end. 
@bornthisway51 Not ageing well poor thing
@Gagz I love to drive and scream along to this song, especially the outdo and the talking during the bridge and final chorus. Definitely gets my adrenaline going! 
@LoveNathe: *sigh* The song that was highly demanded to become a video and when it came, it flopped. Hard! Honestly, if the video was short, probably would have done better. But I love the song anyways.
@Davian: Didn’t deserve to flop ugh. The video is one of her best.
@LazyTurtle: (well, I'm not really enjoy listening to this song – I find it kind of too electronic)
@LiamNick: I hate the fact this flopped
@OpenHeartedMonster : I can see myself doing own choreography to this. The chorus is catchy!
@Twitter I admire the instrumental more than the lyrics. The verses and bridge are the best parts, everything else is cringeworthy. 
@Inferno: - strongest single from the album with the worst music video of her career tho
@Enzo: deserves better in general, so underrated, one of the best song talking about messages.

I'm pretty sure that was my 11 too

Anyways, sorry I couldn't be there, but I had a sudden trip and I'm sitting at the beach now reading the results. My 0'5 extra points to MJH were worthy but I guess I should have given them to G.U.Y.  :huntyga:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose P
1 hour ago, Animal Claws said:

Well... Joanne won :poot:

inb4 Sinner’s Prayer wins and Dancin’ In Circles doesn’t make Top 5. Wouldn’t put it past GGD:saladga:

Mirages

Welp at least Swine got what it deserved :classy: but ARTPOP and DWUW deserved better so did G.U.Y. :triggered:

@Animal Claws thank you for the megarate im sorry I couldn't attend imma read the whole thread as soon as I will have time :kara:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Monster7

I couldn't be here for the megarate:toofunny:

Spoiler

Manicure deserved top 5:awkney:

Spoiler

My eleven points went to the winner and Gypsy and Venus were top 5:ally:

Widows Kiss

Applause being #1 :toofunny: This fanbase obsession with success JUMPED out.

zoldyck

Venus deserved Gypsy spot, Gypsy is way too high and doesn't belong in top 10 and MJH and DWUW deserved better.

Hopefully i can participate in next rate

ElectricKing

my 11 won YASS

but Swine placed at 14? Seriously?

Megarate cancelledt

Inferno
On 7/6/2019 at 11:39 AM, Enzo said:

The vocals are the soul of the song 

idk i feel like we all know gaga at this point, when she performed dope its like an act. a performance of melodrama with lyrics so banal about...marijuana dependency? I just....she made a mountain out of a mole hill on this one and the vocals set the trend in her career where she went bombastic and never looked back lol

Archived